Davie Cooper

Captain_Jack

He was an absolute legend. I remember when I was 7 me and my cousin who was a Celtic fan at the time wrote letters, him to Paul McStay and me to Davie Cooper asking for signed pictures. About a week later I received mine and I was absolutely over the moon for ages.

I still have the picture somwhere in an old scrapbook which has a match report of every game in the 1991 cup run.

My cousin is still waiting on his Paul McStay picture.

He lived three doors down from me during his entire Rangers career, his ex-wife is still there. I remember playing kirby and "accidently" threw the ball that little bit harder than it needed to be into his path on more than one occasion. Always got a few wee fancies and a bit of keepy up before returning the ball - absolute legend.

15 years its hard to believe it is that long. Agree with what has been said he was a wonderful player to watch. Need to get out the old video and watch him in action again.

DC once seen never forgotten. Legend

He lived three doors down from me during his entire Rangers career, his ex-wife is still there. I remember playing kirby and "accidently" threw the ball that little bit harder than it needed to be into his path on more than one occasion. Always got a few wee fancies and a bit of keepy up before returning the ball - absolute legend.

Heh, allrighty Steph. You forgot to mention hiding behind walls in case his good mate Richard Gough offered you a couple of Whams...

Isn't it amazing how quickly fifteen years passes?!! I can still remember the shock and despair upon hearing of Coop's death, but that isn't the main memory I have of the great man.

Some of his displays in Claret and Amber were simply mesmeric, in particular a game in May 1990 against Shellic at Fir Park. He scored a nalty in a 1-1 draw and ripped 'Shitey' Galloway to pieces from minute one that day.

His smile as he walked round Hampden when we won the cup was an iconic image for me too, and the influence he had on players like Boyd, Arnott and of course O'Donnell was huge.

RIP Davie, never forgotten.