Dundee United Away 27/03/10

steelboy

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say i was shocked at how we capitulated yesterday and only O'Brian and Jennings getting pass marks from me. Hopefully we can take this on the chin and regroup for next week with fire in our bellies and a desire to make amends to the fans. A cracking travelling support was let down yesterday and to get gubbed by 10 men was painfull. Anyway lets draw a line under it and move on...On the plus side we found a good boozer in Dundee...Tickety Boos. Wish i'd stayed in it.... :P .

Gutted to have lost yesterday i thought it was game over when they got the red card. We created hardly anything going forward with the extra man with Murphy missing a sitter of the header the only chance i can think of. Having seeing our disallowed goal on Alba again it doesn't look offside to me but United thoroughly deserved to win.

What was Ruddy playing at the second goal <_< Hit it first time way your right peg simples.

Was a great day out yesterday apart from the 70 minutes of the game that i sat through. Hopefully we'll get back on track next week.

Yeah for us...........

Have you not been taking note of what has happened this season when opposing teams go down to 10 or even 9 men - we DO NOT win......

It would have been better 11 v 11.

A lot has changed in the last 3 months. We'd conceded 3 goals in 12 matches and won 8 of them. So with United going down to 10 men, with 70 minutes to go, there was no reason to believe that we wouldn't win the match.

A lot has changed in the last 3 months. We'd conceded 3 goals in 12 matches and won 8 of them. So with United going down to 10 men, with 70 minutes to go, there was no reason to believe that we wouldn't win the match.

Fair point there. Listening on roadio, I expected 'Well to take the points when United went down to ten. Hey ho, it wasn't to be, but top six is a near certainty; a situation everyone would have taken last summer when the squad was down to the bare bones.

capturepsds.jpg

doesnae look offside to me :D

Fair enough everything we produced after that was disallowed was pish, but regardless. That would've probably given us the confidence to go on and maybe see out the match. second time those jammy bastards have been saved by a dodgy linesman's call against us <_<

What was Ruddy playing at the second goal :D Hit it first time way your right peg simples.

Met the big man and Reynolds at the golf show today at SECC. He said it bobbled as he was about to hit it :D Anyhow, he's a far better goalie than a golfer going by his attempt at the pitching compy :D

First one was tight but looked onside to me, 2nd one was definately offside. That was a shocking challenge for the red card and oh my tragi-comedy stuff with the defending. Missed opportunity to really stake a claim for 3rd place, hopefully we'll brush it off and help condemn Falkirk to the drop on saturday.

Very disapointing to lose heavily playing against 10 men for 75 minutes and after Utd had had a tough game against Rangers the previous Wednesday. Didn't see that result coming at all! The red card was as shocking a tackle as you're likely to see.

Hopefully it's just a blip, and we can bounce back next week with a good win against the team at the bottom of the league.

The red card was as shocking a tackle as you're likely to see.

Was listening to the Beeb interview with Houston - who (at that time) thought Dixon was unfortunate and that O' Brien had gone over the ball and put his studs through the poor wee scone's sock.

He might have reconsidered since then as overall he was quite complementary about us.

Bad result no doubt, but sounds like we just didn't get the breaks and with Dundee Utd having Webster and Kenneth at the back it was always going to be difficult to pull back a 2 goal deficit.

Beat Falkirk on Saturday and we are right back in the hunt.

Met the big man and Reynolds at the golf show today at SECC. He said it bobbled as he was about to hit it :P Anyhow, he's a far better goalie than a golfer going by his attempt at the pitching compy :P

Brave man quizzing him about it :P

knew it wasn,t going to be our day when we had to park about 1/2 mile away from tannadice. the result was bad enough but i would have preferred to have seen the game while there instead of having to watch it on alba. not for 1min do i want to be a killjoy but i like everyone else paid to watch a game not people,s backs as they continually stand up. i know youngsters especially like to rebel ,but they really spoiled our away day, all those who stood up. i really hope the powers-that-be introduce safe standing areas very soon as i now wish for 2 reasons we hadn,t bothered travelling. i even had to txt my son about who got the red card as my view was totally blocked. so please consider others when you stand during games. we couldn,t change seats due to the great travelling support so well done those who made the journey.