Dundee United Away 27/03/10

steelboy

for me this is the most anticipated game of the season so far, we're coming off the back a great win against hearts playing silky fitba, the results went our way at the weekend, united have a difficult replay tonight and hibs have went into full scale meltdown. things could not be going any better! :wub:

ofcourse as well fans that immediately arouses suspicions that we're headed for a big fall but there's something about this team that makes me think we're going to be able to see it through to the end of the season and i can definitely see the unbeaten run going right up to at least the split. therefore in this spirit of optimism i'm predicting a two nil win on saturday with a double from the juke. it'll be a difficult game as we're lining up in a similar style to united these days but we've got better quality throughout the team and that should hopefully see us through.

ruddy

hateley craigan reynolds hammell

o'brien jennings lasley murphy

juke sutton

we've not heard anything from broon or any of the players yet regarding this game which i'm a bit suprised about. i thought we'd have heard something from o'brien about cheltnam or knox about barca or at least broon talking about how great a job peter houston is doing. maybe the silence is a sign they're totally focused on the game. i think everyone is aware that if we get the win we're in the driving seat and all the momentum is with us.

i'll be watching united with interest tonight and i'll be hoping that they end up getting beat on pens after a hard 120 minutes and they pick up a few few injuries with a red card for vioelent conduct thrown in.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is it. Make or break time. Win this and we're clear in 3rd place, lose it and we're gonna struggle and might have to rely on 5th place for Europe.

I would say with only 3 games till the split, and only one of them against non top 6 opposition, a draw is not an option on Saturday, we need to go for it. We've got a decent record up there but the arabs will be up for it.

Please please a scrappy 1-0 in off Suttons arse ^_^

Gonna be a tough one. United will be buoyant from beating Rangers, and its a huge shame that game didnt go to extra time for us. However we have had so long to prepare for this game that we should be at our best. If we can win this one then we can start gunning down celtic. 9points ahead of us, we have to play them twice and can hope they lose another 4points somewhere else, against rangers etc

what? it could happen!

They've taken a couple of important injuries tonight, Kovacevic and Gomis both looking out for Saturday. Tonight will have taken it's toll mentally and physically on them, even though they won.

Going for the Well win.

Hope I'm not proved wrong but I think this break will prove to be crucial as there's not a team around us that doesn't look tired. In terms of games left we have reached the `garden gate`.

Full steam ahead. It's a charge for Europe!

I actually think it won't be a great game on Saturday. Tense yes but with neither side wanting to lose it could be a bit of a chess match. United will be justifiably buoyed after their win last night, and our lads will be champing at the bit after a two-week break, so I expect a great battle.

I wouldn't make any changes to our side as no-one deserves to be left out, but United may be slightly weaker with injuries and tiredness which may give us a slight edge, but the elation they'll feel after reaching the semis will drive them on, so they are very dangerous opponents.

A draw would be a decent result and I foresee a 0-0 scoreline.

Hopefully Kovacevic will recover from his injury and play on Saturday cause he is fucking dire from what i have seen of him this season especially against players with pace and skill, so O'Brien should have a field day against him. Gomis being out would be a bonus.

I would go with the same starting line up from the other week against Hearts and i am fairly confident that we will win. 2-0 to the Well. Sutton and Murphy with the goals.