End Of The Line For Canterbury?

sieb_dystras_barmy_army

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry if this has been mentiioned before but i know canterbury signed a 4 year deal with the club. so if the rumours are true that canterbury are pulling out of football this summer then surely we must be compensated for the other 3 years of the deal.

sorry if this has been mentiioned before but i know canterbury signed a 4 year deal with the club. so if the rumours are true that canterbury are pulling out of football this summer then surely we must be compensated for the other 3 years of the deal.

Don't think Canterbury were paying us,more like us paying them. :thumbup:

See Pompey have switched to Kappa for next season with a one of kit for 2morrows FA cup semi portsmouth-2010-kappa-home-kit-4.jpg..

Funny feeling we will end up with Puma next season.

Must admit I don't like that Kappa top. Usually preseason brings some kind of upheavel for us. Maybe this year the big 'drama' will be who will make our strips :thumbup:

Roma had that design previously. Hate it when companies make 'new' strips for clubs which aren't actually new. What do their designers get paid for?

I know Canterbury got a bit of stick on here for their logo being on the chest and both sleeves but I thought it actually looked good like that. The Kappa motiks on the shoulder though looks neddy as hell. You are right about the strip. Very familiar looking.

See Pompey have switched to Kappa for next season with a one of kit for 2morrows FA cup semi

Change the Pompey kit to claret and amber, add a hoop and your historical kit avatar comes to life.

I've a funny feeling it might be Puma as well. Although when it comes to kit suppliers Motherwell tend to throw a curve ball, so it could be any number of companies.

• 2 weeks later...
7. Merchandise

Both home and away replica strips designs will normally have a life span of two seasons, unless changes are enforced due to contractual obligations. It will be appreciated that changes in sponsor or manufacturer makes it impossible to guarantee a two year minimum period.

The Club will communicate with supporters regarding new replica strip designs and prospective launch dates.

The Club offers refunds on merchandise in accordance with its legal obligations and on production of a valid receipt

QUOTE ('Motherwell FC Supporters Charter @ Apr 20 2010, 02:01 PM)

7. Merchandise

Both home and away replica strips designs will normally have a life span of two seasons, unless changes are enforced due to contractual obligations. It will be appreciated that changes in sponsor or manufacturer makes it impossible to guarantee a two year minimum period.

The Club will communicate with supporters regarding new replica strip designs and prospective launch dates.

The Club offers refunds on merchandise in accordance with its legal obligations and on production of a valid receipt

Has that actually happened since the charter was written? :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=133

"Club Statement | Print | E-mail Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Motherwell confirm Canterbury as official kit supplier.

Motherwell Football Club, in conjunction with PSL Team Sports, are delighted to announce an exciting new kit deal with one of the world’s leading sports brands, Canterbury of New Zealand.

The deal will see the company provide Motherwell with first team kit, training apparel and its revolutionary BaseLayer products for a period of four years beginning at the start of the 2009/2010 season."

Was meant to be a 4 year deal, if as some people have said canterbury are pulling out of football then I would expect them to compensate their clients in some way.

Never liked Xara much as the claret and amber was always a bit suspect, and changed every season even when the manufacturer was the same. Always remember seeing the box in the shop marked "Xara Standard Template, Burgundy & Orange" and that put me right off them.

Fair point, but you definitely couldn't fault them on quality, I've still got some of their training tops and wear them regularly. The black Polo Shirt in particular gets worn once or twice a week, and that has been the case since I bought it and it is still top notch.

Much preferred Bukta over Xara. I always thought Xara's sizing was on the large side. Trouble with Bukta though was quality. Near the end anyway. With St Mirren being with Hummel and Dundee going towards Puma, I would be quite surprised if it wasn't with one of these companies.

You never know, he might have been mistaken. Maybe someone said that now he was a senior player he would get pussy whenever he got stripped, and he interpreted that as a Puma...

;) quality

Annoyed with Flow for dropping this 2 announcement this week thing on Sunday and its now Thursday afternoon and not a pook so far, been scouring the official site for news since Monday morning.