Stevie Hammell

StAndrew7

I guess, like most, I can see good news and bad news. Good news that a seasoned, well-respected pro has extended his stay. The bad news as mentioned, being that we were told something along the lines of "no announcements till all talks have been held". My take on this though, is that unless all the players decide (& sign) at the same time, then the club are not going to be in a position to announce all the stayers and all the leavers at the same time. They could have kept quiet about Hammell, but this would have allowed the "I've got a source" merchants to leak the details and make the club look unprofessional. In any event, for any of the out-of-contract players, I can't imagine it could be seen as anything other than positive that one of their team-mated has signed up already, unless of course the kitty has less money in it for them :lol:

The situation is simply that it is Craig's preference to announce the player deals together however the others are taking a little longer to finalise and yesterday the media boys had Stevie's news and were going to run with it.

That being the case, with it coming out anyway, Craig and I took Alan's advice in that good news such as this should, wherever possible, come from the club so I told him to run with it.

There is nothing rattling in the background on this one. Others to follow very soon I hope.

Leeann

Great news.

Doesn't get enough credit as far as I'm concerned and its no coincidence that he's been a first pick with every manager we've had over the last 10+ years. Even Gannon!

With any luck, maybe with a couple of Euro runs and a glorious Scottish Cup win, he can add to his already impressive club appearance total! ;)

The situation is simply that it is Craig's preference to announce the player deals together however the others are taking a little longer to finalise and yesterday the media boys had Stevie's news and were going to run with it.

That being the case, with it coming out anyway, Craig and I took Alan's advice in that good news such as this should, wherever possible, come from the club so I told him to run with it.

There is nothing rattling in the background on this one. Others to follow very soon I hope.

Leeann

I thought Weeyin pulled out a cracking quote from Paw Broon. This quick response from the club proves they do keep an eye on the rumour mill.

The only problem now is, what can we moan about now?

Well soem of the stairs in the stands need painted again, infact the stands could do with a lick of paint in general and the seats in the Cooper are bogging. Their are leaks in the roof and the walkway type bit in fron of the seats needs a wash.

Apart from that it's all good. :ph34r:

Well soem of the stairs in the stands need painted again, infact the stands could do with a lick of paint in general and the seats in the Cooper are bogging. Their are leaks in the roof and the walkway type bit in fron of the seats needs a wash.

Apart from that it's all good. :ph34r:

The seats in the east have an awfy problem with bird shite anno :lol: