Ross Forbes

Psycho1991

Understand you being fecked off Psycho, a few thousand other well fans felt the same. But there were a good few culprits today. Agree with Pa Broon they wanted it more than us and were more willing to get to the loose ball and close down the opposition than we were today. Like it or not though the feckin surface knackers us just as much as the opposition and when things aren't going for you and the surface is playing havoc with any attempted passes, its going to be a bad day at the office, and by christ it was.

Forbes isn't pish he's just needing to develop a bit physically. He is just too lightweight in my book at the moment and needs too long on the ball to make a pass or take a shot. But by feck if anyone does give him a bit of time he does have a sweet left foot on him.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as well as being 100% almost physic spot on about gannon i also fingered forbes early doors as being a fair weather player. he looked okay on good parks and against teams who were behind us in fitness but when push comes to shove he's a passenger.

anyone who put money into a flag with his his coupon on it either has money to piss about or is a absolute clueless clown.

the brightside is that forbes knows himself he's miles off the pace of being an spl player and he's got the summer to try and sort it out. he either goes two ways: work out every day of the summer and improve or turn up on the first day of training and be the new shaun fagan.

I think it is about time this guy was banned.

On the Forbes debate, I do not think he has done enough to be in the first team. Only time will tell if he is the next Shaun Fagan or not.

Why ban someone for having an opinion and responding to criticism of his post? I might not agree with it but he has not shirked from his stance and attempted to answer multiple attacks in a reasonable fashion most of the time.

By all means argue over what ye's think but ffs jack the fucking name calling, it makes ye's look like school weans.

And asking for someone to be banned should be an automatic ban ;)

Don't like what someone has to say? Then ignore what they are saying, don't give there pish any credence with a reply.... oh wait. :lol:

Why ban someone for having an opinion and responding to criticism of his post? I might not agree with it but he has not shirked from his stance and attempted to answer multiple attacks in a reasonable fashion most of the time.

He called me a tim. String the daft fuck up by his balls.

Forbes isn't a left mid, he doesn't have the pace to play there. He's fine in the middle, but we have better players in those positions. He's only young, plenty time to grow as a player.

Yes.

Forbes has talent. What ever anyone says the biggest single factor in football, even more so than talent, is confidence.

It would be a disgrace is Ross Forbes loses that confidence due to people who should be supporting him.

Someone else here said it recently but it needs repeating : players who come to Fir Park from elsewhere are usually lauded as sort of demi gods. Our own boys, inexperienced and trying to develop their game, are treated like some kind of enemy that should be destroyed.

Just look at all the garbage guys like Clarkson and Quinn came through. Well they brought in nearly £1,000,000 to the club in transfer fees. Not bad for players that were regularly described as 'pish' and 'not good enough' by some of the 'experts' in the East Stand.

It is not his opinion I am talking about though I agree with it to a certain extent. It is the constant personal attacks I am talking about. About 90% of his posts includes some sort of personal abuse ( a guesstimate I haven't worked it out) directed at someone who doesn't agree with his opinion.

I apologise Yabba but this guy just can't make a post without insulting someone. Sometimes it is impossible not to reply :P .

I thought when Forbes first came through at the start of the season he looked a great player who had the potential to be top class midfielder.

But for the last 6 months he has been abysmal and premier league football is not his level. He would be lucky to get a game in the first division. He's unfit, slow as fuck, needs to harden up and his passing has been poor for someone with an excellent left peg.

I He would be lucky to get a game in the first division. He's unfit, slow as fuck, needs to harden up and his passing has been poor for someone with an excellent left peg.

Without going into whether you are right or wrong , with his assists and goals scored what does that say about the rest of the midfield who cant get near those stats despite more starts and sub appearances ?

Without going into whether you are right or wrong , with his assists and goals scored what does that say about the rest of the midfield who cant get near those stats despite more starts and sub appearances ?

As i said in the early part of the season i was impressed with him but apart from Killie away he hasn't done much. The likes of Jennings and Lasley do the dirty work that Forbes should be doing, getting stuck into it. Apart from O'Brien, who is so inconsistent, none of our midfielders are much of a creative force going forward, Lasley especially. I think Coke has the potential to be good but he's a lazy c**t who never seems interested. Jennings is a cracking player, Gannons best signing, still to be convinced about Humphrey. Only time will tell........

As i said in the early part of the season i was impressed with him but apart from Killie away he hasn't done much. The likes of Jennings and Lasley do the dirty work that Forbes should be doing, getting stuck into it. Apart from O'Brien, who is so inconsistent, none of our midfielders are much of a creative force going forward, Lasley especially. I think Coke has the potential to be good but he's a lazy c**t who never seems interested. Jennings is a cracking player, Gannons best signing, still to be convinced about Humphrey. Only time will tell........

Tom Hateley for me. The lad, IIRC, has played every minute of every game and has hardly put a foot wrong despite playing in numerous positions. On top of that he has, imo, scored our goal of the season. Jennings never got much of a look in till January so hasn't been as integral to the team as Hateley. Agree about Humphrey though. Fast runner. Fast runner in a straight line when on the ball. So far that is it.

I see Forbes as a future replacement for Lasley. He is young, still needs time, but he will be ready when the time comes as long as he isnt alienated by sections of the support. Criticising him at this point is beyond ridiculous - everyone has seen his talent earlier in the season so that should be enough for now.

I see Forbes as a future replacement for Lasley. He is young, still needs time, but he will be ready when the time comes as long as he isnt alienated by sections of the support. Criticising him at this point is beyond ridiculous - everyone has seen his talent earlier in the season so that should be enough for now.

spot on bud

I see no similarities, Lasley always had a good engine and never showed anything like the same ability to strike the ball as well as Forbes did earlier in the season. I agree he young and needs time and more careful nurturing but a Lasley replacement he isn't. If he can refind some good form and make it I'd imagine it would be as a more creative player rather than the, and I say this with much respect, the jack of all trades Lasley.

I love all these athletes on here saying that Ross Forbes is unfit.

Also anyone who says that he should be doing dirty work in the middle of the park needs to refrain from commenting on football from here on.

He went in totally commited on a handfull of 50/50 tackles yesterday and never even looked like he was going to give up. Lasley went took one 50/50 and went off injured.

Other than misjudging an over the top pass, which he would never had reached anyway, he didn't do anything wrong yesterday. Left mid is not his position.

Twice against Celtic this season he has bossed Scott Brown in the middle of the park, albeit once from the bench. That's testament enough to the boys ability.

Ross Forbes and Keith Lasley are 2 completely different types of players. The only similarities are that they are both central midfielders and both lack pace. Forbes is a more constructive player with good distribution, a good shot, and good at set pieces. He's best deployed in an offensive role. By comparison Keith Lasley is a more defensive player, a jack of all trades perhaps, and a better tackler. The only problem in playing them both together, as we saw on Saturday, is that the midfield looks slow and laboured.

Forbes passing range gives him more potential than any of our current youngsters, and Slane too in my opinion. We saw what he can do early season, he was dropping perfect balls all over the park.

When the boy reads through this rotten thread, he'd do well to note that 'Reynolds to Bayern' is the next topic down on the list - another player whose long and ongoing development has involved countless 'he's pish' comments on this board.

-_-