Michael Fraser

HonkyMcHonK

for me you either need a dominant goalie or 2 big centre halves that will be solid when the ball comes into the box.our defence isny the biggest so we definately need a big keeper for next season thats nothin against fraser who looks like a goalie that needs his centre halves to get the ball away rather than come for it himself.fraser was a bit shaky at times with cross balls and i thought he was a bit at fault for celtics second cause he sort of came for the cross and then stepped back.it was poor defending all round for both goals but you canny blame the keeper for defenders losing the guys they should be marking

Hutchinson is a big defender surely?

Jesus wisnae crucified on a corner. :doh:

Thanks for clearing that up.

Where have these other two goals from crosses come from then?

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me you either need a dominant goalie or 2 big centre halves that will be solid when the ball comes into the box.our defence isny the biggest so we definately need a big keeper for next season thats nothin against fraser who looks like a goalie that needs his centre halves to get the ball away rather than come for it himself.fraser was a bit shaky at times with cross balls and i thought he was a bit at fault for celtics second cause he sort of came for the cross and then stepped back.it was poor defending all round for both goals but you canny blame the keeper for defenders losing the guys they should be marking

Why are you making a big deal over the size of the goalkeeper?

Ruddy is 6'4. Casillas is 5'11. I know who I'd rather have.

Why are you making a big deal over the size of the goalkeeper?

Ruddy is 6'4. Casillas is 5'11. I know who I'd rather have.

im no making a big deal about it mate i just think with the defence we have we would be better off having a goalkeeper thats about ruddys size.i still wouldny say no to casillas right enough :doh:

i have to agree with the first post in this thread fraser cost us the game and it couldve been worse, every time the ball went high into the box he was flappin, smeltic saw his weakness and started just pumpin it in there every chance they got,anyone who doesnt agree should watch the replay of the game and the 2nd goal in particular and see him in no mans land it was shockin. that clown who scored 2 was a toss up with odea for the worst player on the park and hes made a c**t of us,granted the marking was pish but u need ur keeper from corners like that. the boys not bad at shot stoppin but a premier league goal keeper he aint

He was and is pish :doh:flaps like fuck at crosses,not solely to blame for goals but overall was all over the place when called into action.Just not good enough...simples

Flaps like fuck? Here try these...

bw.jpg

Amateur punditry and those of the goalkeeping persuasion have a home here right enough!

Ruddy would have come for both balls into the box that lead to goals and took them fairly easily, thats the difference. I was sitting in the Cock Stein Stand last night sticking out like a sore thumb amongst the odious cretins, absolutely bricking it every time they got a corner or got close to the bye-line because I had no faith what-so-ever in Fraser coming to take the cross.

If/when Ruddy goes, we must get a new goalkeeper as a priority. The defence never covered themselves in glory at both goals but the goalkeeper was culpable to say the least.

Ruddy would have come for both balls into the box that lead to goals and took them fairly easily, thats the difference. I was sitting in the Cock Stein Stand last night sticking out like a sore thumb amongst the odious cretins, absolutely bricking it every time they got a corner or got close to the bye-line because I had no faith what-so-ever in Fraser coming to take the cross.

If/when Ruddy goes, we must get a new goalkeeper as a priority. The defence never covered themselves in glory at both goals but the goalkeeper was culpable to say the least.

COULDNT AGREE MORE BROONY!!

While I've got to be honest and say that Fraser wouldn't have been anywhere near my first choice keeper at the time McGhee signed him - I don't think he let us down last night.

yeah he's not as commanding as Ruddy - but he made some decent stops and is being blamed for goals that should have been prevented by outfield players (in typical steelmenonline - 'we all need a whipping boy and forbes & fitzpatrick wereny playin' stylee)

Our wage structure, zero money and manager who may not be as good in the transfer market as the last yin mean that it's gonna be difficult to get another Ruddy.

We might have to learn to get behind this guy

There was a post some way back that stated that folk on here will defend a player no matter what, regardless of how that person performs. And likewise, those that will pillory a player no matter what their level of performance.

That's spot on for me.

Last night, Michael Fraser made a tremendous save from Robbie Keane. Credit to him.

He then made a poor decision just seconds later which almost gifted Celtic a goal. Criticism for that is fair enough I reckon.

Praise where it's due, and criticism where it's warranted.

I thought he was poor for both of the goals last night to be honest, particularly the second, and looked suspect with the high balls coming his way for a spell. The defence must be aware of this though, and should be dealing with the high balls a lot better. But to say that he cost us the game is ludicrous.

Our back five last night are what they are, none of them are particularly dominant at taking cross balls or dealing with them, and we'll always be under pressure from them.

In that respect, I'd play Ruddy ahead of Fraser due to his physical presence. We'll never know if he'd have prevented either of the goals last night, but I suspect he would have. Conversely, Keane may have beaten Ruddy with that chance.

He is murder. I don't think anything will convince me otherwise.

The cross that he came for and punched almost leading to a goal would have been poor at any level.

Guy is not good enough!

+1.

Anyone that rates Fraser knows fuck all about goalkeepers.

Replacing Ruddy has to be the priority for next season.

I see a couple of folk have praised him for the save against Robbie Keane. The truth is that the shot was pretty much at him and was as much down to poor finishing from Keane as it was a good save from Fraser.

Having someone with the presence and physique of Ruddy this season has given us something which we've been lacking for a good couple of years. Fraser was signed as backup whenever Buzz hadn't confirmed if he was staying or not. He was signed as backup and I'm happy for him to stay at Fir Park in this capacity. Replacing Ruddy with a keeper of similar stature and presence as Ruddy isn't going to be an easy job but for me it has to be a priority during the summer.