Fans Let The Team Down

steelboy

i'm suprised to see so many fingering pointing threads on here tonight.

especially so many ones beginning at quarter to ten. there are teams in the blue square that can take more than 150 to a local game. once again our support was a joke, everyone can laugh at celtic's support but they had 1/4 of their usual home support, we had 1/6 of the support at tannadice and 1/3 of our last trip to the paedodome. what does that say about the well support?

our support is a joke. we want european football but we've got non league fans.

3,000 in nancy. 2,000 in llanelli. 150 max 14 mile down the road.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reasons a lot of fans didn't go tonight are :

1. It's too dear

2. It was on the telly

3. People don't want to give the old firm the money and/or are intimidated by the stewards

4. Some fans who might have went decided not to go because of the reent poor results and the fact that we have another 3 away games which aren't on the telly

I've not been to an away game since Inverness last year, and I wont be renewing my season ticket next year.

When we start playing football that merits the money we have to pay then maybe I'll be back, but from next season I'll be down Colvilles on a Saturday and actually enjoying myself.

Yeah it would be great to get back to taking healthy supports to away games and believe that the team by and large over the past 2/3 seasons are deserving of a much larger support.

However I don't have the spare dosh to travel to many away games - that's just the brass tacks of it. wish it was different but it ain't.

There are loadsa factors though that stop fans going - I'd wager that they are - in no particular order

It was live on the telly.

It was £25 - most folk don't have it to chuck around.

Apathy

It was midweek.

Some guys are embarassed by the behaviour of sections of our support and refuse to be associated with it.

Fitba in genaral is shite.

Apathy

Inconsistency in our hunger away to the OF

Stewards and polis treat you like a leper.

Some folk won't give the OF the money

a combination of any of the above.

and finally . . Apathy

unfortunately

Away games are affordable when you are as scruffy as steelboy, Stig of the dump wears his rags better than him :P

Retort by funny quip will lead to a parting of your Sandy Shaws :doh:

Don't attend the San Giro as a rule, but, the dole can only stretch so far... still haven't worked out how the the sausage rolls and macaroons that frequent Flemington House claim as much!

The 'Well players do deserve much better support than the fans give them, but don't recieve it at these games for the reasons Steve Diggle points out.

I personally won't step foot inside either Parkhead or Ibrox ever again so last night was a non starter.

especially so many ones beginning at quarter to ten. there are teams in the blue square that can take more than 150 to a local game. once again our support was a joke, everyone can laugh at celtic's support but they had 1/4 of their usual home support, we had 1/6 of the support at tannadice and 1/3 of our last trip to the paedodome. what does that say about the well support?

See when you grow up and you have a house, a mortgage, a family, etc to worry about in the midst of the worst recession in recent history, then maybe you'll start to see some sense.

Away ye go! We could be there on the final day of the season to clinch the title and i still wouldn't pay money to sit in that stadium and fill celtics pockets. I also wouldn't pay £25 to watch Motherwell in a league game no matter where it was, i have more important things to spend my hard earned cash on.

Away ye go! We could be there on the final day of the season to clinch the title and i still wouldn't pay money to sit in that stadium and fill celtics pockets. I also wouldn't pay £25 to watch Motherwell in a league game no matter where it was, i have more important things to spend my hard earned cash on.

Out of Interest how much would you pay too watch Motherwell home/away?

Yeah it would be great to get back to taking healthy supports to away games and believe that the team by and large over the past 2/3 seasons are deserving of a much larger support.

However I don't have the spare dosh to travel to many away games - that's just the brass tacks of it. wish it was different but it ain't.

There are loadsa factors though that stop fans going - I'd wager that they are - in no particular order

It was live on the telly.

It was £25 - most folk don't have it to chuck around.

Apathy

It was midweek.

Some guys are embarassed by the behaviour of sections of our support and refuse to be associated with it.

Fitba in genaral is shite.

Apathy

Inconsistency in our hunger away to the OF

Stewards and polis treat you like a leper.

Some folk won't give the OF the money

a combination of any of the above.

and finally . . Apathy

unfortunately

Nail on the head there from Mr Diggle.

I'm at the stage now where I can't afford to pay transport and over-priced entry into football games every single week. Going to football is a luxury in life I'm afraid, but one that will continually drop lower and lower in many folks priorities, mine included.

I don't even think I'll get a season ticket next year, which isn't something I'm happy with but really needs to be done.

See when you grow up and you have a house, a mortgage, a family, etc to worry about in the midst of the worst recession in recent history, then maybe you'll start to see some sense.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Time was I never missed ANY game, even obscure friendlies in Drogheda or Peterlee, can't do it now and I'm gutted everytime I miss a game.

I will not give that scum or their bigot brothers my hard earned and I willnot be subjected to or subject my kids to their moronic, stewards, fans or songs.

Let alone the fact that having paid for 3 season tickets including 1 game against them which we will not now get. I will not waste any more of my money.

Sorry if that doesn't meet your standards of support.

This will be my last season were i've got a season ticket, and have the luxury of attended the majority of away games.

I'll not be renewing my season ticket, and will be picking and choosing my games from now on. The problem isn't when we go to either ibrox or parkhead were we take a 250, 500, 750 to away games now. Don't know about anyone else but i'm struggling to find an away game this season were we've broke the 1000 mark. Aberdeen away in august? There's been some very poor attendances this year. The average attendance at home this year most be the lowest in the last decade. Struggle to get into the 5000 mark. If you were to compare to the average attendance figure for the spl it must surely be down.

Last night and this season was a result of alot of things.

. Ticket prices

. Travel Expenses

. Added ticket prices for cup games

. State of scottish football

. Lack of competition

. Boring

. Value for money

. Fans are treated as scape goats

The big question is "VALUE FOR MONEY"

I can count on one hand were i've came away from a game thinking. "Good game today, good atmosphere. Looking forward to next week now".

It's not the fault of the fans. It's something that has to be brought by clubs to the S.F.A and SPL.

We can't blame supporters for turning there back if they can't afford it.

What was i saying the other day about the ecstasy of sanctimony on here ? :P

We had bigger away supports when we had naughtier fans and less of the self righteous holier than thou squad.

The handwringing and dashing rush to condemn our fans on the back of media lies at Pittodrie and a commentator mentioning arrests at Tannadice is up there with the most embarrassing behaviour of Motherwell fans

Id bet those delicate flowers would summon up the courage to be associated with the ruffians among our support if we managed to reach Hampden , they managed to get to Nancy alright.

The rest of what you say is spot on mind you.

The likes of 'Onthefringes' also have the added expense just now of a new skirt and pheasant feather for the upcoming International qualifiers

What was i saying the other day about the ecstasy of sanctimony on here ? :P

We had bigger away supports when we had naughtier fans and less of the self righteous holier than thou squad.

The handwringing and dashing rush to condemn our fans on the back of media lies at Pittodrie and a commentator mentioning arrests at Tannadice is up there with the most embarrassing behaviour of Motherwell fans

Id bet those delicate flowers would summon up the courage to be associated with the ruffians among our support if we managed to reach Hampden , they managed to get to Nancy alright.

The rest of what you say is spot on mind you.

The likes of 'Onthefringes' also have the added expense just now of a new skirt and pheasant feather for the upcoming International qualifiers

See that's what i love about steelmenonline - i list a whole raft of reasons that covers what I think are all the scenarios.

Doesn't matter what you or I think whether we're scum or holier than thou.

It's a factor for some people and I know this for a fact.

My opinion on it - and where I stand on it wasn't part of my post

See that's what i love about steelmenonline - i list a whole raft of reasons that covers what I think are all the scenarios.

Doesn't matter what you or I think whether we're scum or holier than thou.

It's a factor for some people and I know this for a fact.

My opinion on it - and where I stand on it wasn't part of my post

i did say "those" rather than "you"

or id have had a right go :P

If someone gets up of a morning and says i dont know whether or not to go to the game this afternoon , i'll be associated with some of the lesser behaved sections of our support then they are a prime , prize, grade A , fud.

Thats my opinion on it

i did say "those" rather than "you"

or id have had a right go :D

If someone gets up of a morning and says i dont know whether or not to go to the game this afternoon , i'll be associated with some of the lesser behaved sections of our support then they are a prime , prize, grade A , fud.

Thats my opinion on it

Some folk think the bigger fuds are the guys in the well scarves with the german accents :P

That's not my opinion tho

Just telling you what I know, like.

This will be my last season were i've got a season ticket, and have the luxury of attended the majority of away games.

I'll not be renewing my season ticket, and will be picking and choosing my games from now on. The problem isn't when we go to either ibrox or parkhead were we take a 250, 500, 750 to away games now. Don't know about anyone else but i'm struggling to find an away game this season were we've broke the 1000 mark. Aberdeen away in august? There's been some very poor attendances this year. The average attendance at home this year most be the lowest in the last decade. Struggle to get into the 5000 mark. If you were to compare to the average attendance figure for the spl it must surely be down.

1800 to Hamilton earlier this season.

Pick and choose my away games nowadays, for many of the reasons posted here. Its not just Motherwell that this is happening to. The main reason, from what I can see, that our home crowds are down is the reductions across the board in all teams travelling support this season.

It's time the diddy clubs all banded together and provided each others fans with a more affordable away package. Not sure exactly in what form this could be, but something has to be done.

IIRC we used to have a deal with Killie that each others season tickets got a discount on away games? Which lead to us always taking a decent amount down there and them bringing more than the couple of hundred that make the journey up from Ayrshire nowadays.

here here

Sub 4000 crowds could be the routine at Fir Park next season.

Understand your frustration Steelboy but few folk are willing to part with the cash for such poor quality.

I gave up my Season Ticket after McGhee's first season as I had to bite the bullet and save for a house. Now that I'm back in a position to go back regularly, I canny really be arsed as I haven't missed it too much.

It will take league reconstruction or relegation for me to even contemplate a season ticket again.

Sub 4000 crowds could be the routine at Fir Park next season.

Understand your frustration Steelboy but few folk are willing to part with the cash for such poor quality.

I gave up my Season Ticket after McGhee's first season as I had to bite the bullet and save for a house. Now that I'm back in a position to go back regularly, I canny really be arsed as I haven't missed it too much.

It will take league reconstruction or relegation for me to even contemplate a season ticket again.

You touch on an important point there, Lobey Dosser. Going to matches is a habit-forming activity. Once you start to miss a few games, be they away to the OF, a long trip to ICT, cold midweek game, unappealing Cup tie not covered by your season book or whatever, then you realise you can do with it. It's then not that much of a stretch to give up your season and pick and choose even home games. After that, well, it's a small leap to not going at all-except for really big games.

That's what happened to me, plus I got old and discovered football's a load of shite. Hopefully the whole edifice goes tits-up and we can get our game back. You know, equal league structure, standing at games, afforabale tickets, folk not treated like criminals for having a sing-song etc.