orange county dosser

season ticket renewal   

119 members have voted

1. 1. will you or wont you ?

• I am a season ticket holder and will be renewing
    • I am a season ticket holder and will not be renewing
    • I am not a season ticket holder but will be buying one next season
    • I am not a season ticket holder and wont be buying one next season

not an ST holder and won't be getting 1.don't see that it's good value really cos unless you go to almost every game you'd be losing out to just paying at the gate and if you end up with a 18 game home season then your nearly losing already.i go to about 10-12 games a season and usually miss televised games and judging by the % in the poll i think many more fans will do similar.i also think buying an ST leaves fans open to losing money if the club decide to reduce prices for a couple of games.

I can fully understand people who work shifts not buying season tickets, when you consider the amount of games NOT at the traditional time of 3pm on a Saturday.

It's interesting that you say this, Peter, and I know others have said it in the forum. I know fixtures being moved is a pain but for shift workers sometimes moving them benefits us (for I am a shift worker). The Hibs game in a few weeks is a prime example. Were it on the Saturday, I wouldn't be able to go. Thursday night? Nae bother...

Sometimes for a shift worker, Saturdays are hard days to get off...

I find it surprising, and this is not a criticism, that so many people view a season ticket purchase as a cost saving opportunity as opposed to a financial gesture commitment to the club for a whole season.

I know that season tickets are not for everybody and that they are only any good if you are in the enviable position of having the dosh up front and being able to get to all / the vast majority of home games.

For many years i was unable to afford one or able to get to FP every week. But circumstances have changed and I can get most weeks as well as having a wee system where I've got a 'snash jar' that when it's emptied at the end of May makes a significant dent in the ST price.

For me it's more a commitment to the club than a calculation of price per game.

However, I do agree that the erosion of the value over time has made it far less appealling to the guys that are looking to get the best value for money.

I think the removal of cup games should be the first area that is addressed. (Heaven forbid we get more than one home cup tie in a season rite enuff)

Are you an abortionist? :O:unsure:

;) Quality

Not renewing myself. Untill Motherwell take the bull by the horns and start becoming the market leader in value for money football we keep calling ourselves I will be picking and chosing my games.

An SPL game against some absoulte dross like Kilmarnock, St Mirren or Inverness is WORTH at MOST £10. I don't know about you but I like to pay the percieved value for things with my hard-earned. I am still convinced if Motherwell brought Season Tickets RIGHT DOWN we would see an increase in attendances (obviously) but matchday income too.

£199 for a season ticket - less if more people sign up - you know it makes sense MFC ;)

Untill then - I will be seeing FP 6 or 7 times next year the same as this season

but then you need to pay for the sports channels package, whats that? a tenner a month? so add £120 on to that.

I think if you drop your season ticket and decide to go "pay at the gate" then there is every chance that a saturday (or sunday / monday / whatever feckin day our game gets moved to) comes round and you think - nah can't be bothered. so you don't go. Its quite easy to get out of the "habit" of going, but if you have your ticket bought and paid for then you are more likely to go.

Good point - I never thought of that as my missus works for Sky so I get it all for nowt! Or you could just go to JDs...

Your second point is very valid. I don't miss many games, home or away, but if I didn't have a season ticket during the Malpas season, I very much doubt if I'd have went to a league game after we went out of the Cup...

i voted for not renewing my 2 season tickets, and it will be the first time I will be without one since the east stand actually opened as a seated area. For me, it purely comes down to money. Having to shell out for two tickets in this climate just isn’t going to happen. Other priorities mean the money needs to go elsewhere. Everything is increasing in price, but my wages aren’t going up at the same rate. I used to pride myself on going to every game, home and away and had the match day programme to prove it. Programmes slowly started going out the window when they started going up from £1, then away games as prices increased, now the time has come for the ST to go.

Our season tickets are far from being the most expensive in the SPL, and I appreciate Motherwell doing their best to keep the prices as low as they can, however I still don’t find them great value for money. Having to stump up the lump sum pre-season, DOES help the club – however it doesn’t help me. Someone mentioned earlier the club should not be penalised – I accept that, but what about me? The club have reduced admission prices in the past, and no doubt will again. The club have let ST holders “take a friend” for free in the past, and no doubt will again. All these things, devalue the ST. I appreciate the club do this to try and get some much needed extra bodies through the gate, but when was the last time a season ticket holder actually benefited from being a season ticket holder? Getting a ticket for Stranraer away? (however long ago that was?!!?!?)

Reduced admission for certain games / bring a friend for free / live games on tv – I’ll probably still see the Well as much next season as this one but will have more money in my pocket.

Guy in my work is a season ticket holder at Celtic Park - they are due to play AZ Alkmar in a friendly sometime soon, I was slagging him saying that as they are out of Europe they are only conning the fans to get more money in. He told me that all ST holders are getting in for free as the Celtic board owe them a game from not getting a cup game at home on the season ticket. Fair play to the Celtic board I think. Giving the season ticket holders something back. We dont get friendlies any more, that privledge got removed.

i know season tickets are expensive but with the club offering the direct debit service thats there to use then it doesnt look as costly as you are paying for a ticket monthly i did that with my season ticket this year and felt it to be more cost affective but i understand peoples frustration

1) the league being shit

2) value for your money

3) kids mortgage and bills come first

but before you say im not getting a season ticket contact the club about the direct debit scheme it may surprise a few people

I'm not a CELTIC supporter saying i'm not happy i will not renew my season ticket.

I'm a MOTHERWELL supporter and proud to support the club through thick and thin. I WILL BE RENEWING MY SEASON TICKET LIKE MY FRIENDS

Ooh friend!

Football friend!

I'm a season ticket holder and will be renewing as will my dad and my mate.

I will miss a few games this year due to getting married, honeymoon, poss work etc but still have had my ticket for years and will buy it every year for the rest of my life I think. Scottish football aint great or good value for the cash we pay, but its ours and we have to support it and our club.

If you are a supporter and you can afford a season ticket you should get one. It's important for the club to have income during the summer so that we can invest in the team by bringing in new players. If a significant number of season ticket holders don't renew then it will affect what the club can do during the close season in terms of re-signing players and bringing in transfer targets.

That said I didn't have a season ticket this season because I couldn't afford to pay the lump sum although I have been to every home game this season (including Euros).

My financial circumstances haven't changed and unless they do I won't be getting one again next season but if I had the money I'd definitely get one.