Ruddy To Celtic....

Sup3rw3ll

I'm sure there was talk of this before.

Hope it doesn't happen anyway

It does say in the article that he was linked with Celtic last month, so old news.

Also, he mentions European football being guaranteed every season - not if Scotland's coefficient (and Celtic's squad) keeps going the way it is!!

I've been saying for months that both Old Firm clubs must be monitoring Ruddy. They would need their heads read if they didnt look at players who are excelling in our league. Either of the Gruesome twosome could punt their current Number 1's, who are both more trouble than they are worth, and sign Ruddy at a fraction of the fee they would recieve and at a far lesser salary.

I would love to see him stay, but his performances this season will have the vultures circling and put him way out of our reach.

It's reassuring to know that nothing much has changed since I stopped buying papers - the Record and Sunday Mail in particular.

As it happens though I read that article in the Sunday Mail up at the mother-in-law's on Sunday along with one very similar in the News of the World so I'm guessing Ruddy must have been this week's player at the Thursday press conference.

All much of a muchness in content really except the bit where Ruddy says he would also just as happily sign a full-time deal for Motherwell has been conveniently ignored to ensure the Celtic pandering slant the Mail were after remains in tact.

Labour propaganda at the front pages, Old Firm at the back. Same old, same old.

I think Cetic and Rangers will both definitely sell Boruc and McGregor in the summer. But I also think they will both be confident enough with Zaluska and Alexander to giver them the No. 1 jersey.

Both have shown they are more than capable of being No.1 at both clubs with the chances they have been given.

So I don't see Ruddy moving to either one to be a back-up keeper again, unless either of them is planning on selling both their keepers. But I don't see that happening either.