Season Tickets

Bop

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my renewal letters in this morning. For those of you who are going to pay by credit card, you have to pay a 2.5% cc fee, so your early bird discount is reduced to 2.5%. Also the interest free payable in 4 installments standing order offer, is not available with the early bird discount, so you have to pay the full season ticket price.

Got my renewal letters in this morning. For those of you who are going to pay by credit card, you have to pay a 2.5% cc fee, so your early bird discount is reduced to 2.5%. Also the interest free payable in 4 installments standing order offer, is not available with the early bird discount, so you have to pay the full season ticket price.

So its not interest free after all, its 5% extra! Typical.

The 2.5% charge for using your CC is due to the club being charged that by the credit card companies. Why should the club cover that cost? losts of companies do that.

Also, for the 4 installments offer, I agree with Fatcalf!

Let's have it right - an average of £310 a Season Ticket (or £294 paying early) is still FAR too expensive in this climate for sub-standard SPL football. Why are we sticking our head in the sand here? This was the time of all times to take a punt with the Season Tickets and get the price way down, market the Season Ticket as a real bargain and get the numbers up.

At £294 average - if we get 18 homes and no cup games it is £16.30 a game - hardly a bargain!! Assuming there will be at least one 'pennies' game (like Hibs) and one 'Friend for Free, BOGOF' etc.. throughout the season and considering most miss one or two it is practically cheaper to not get a season ticket.

Fairplay to those who sign up every year but the powers won't get the message. And if the standard £18 entry goes up (chances are if ST's effectively are going up) then it will end up being a smattering of diehard ST holders only at games with a few extra weans.

Sub 4000 crowds next year? - absolutely.

I am trying to renew my season ticket on the club website and I'm getting this message.

Renew season ticket

Enter your barcode number here. If the barcode is correct the Season Ticket renewal information will be displayed. By clicking "Add to basket" you can add the season ticket to basket.

What barcode? Only one I have found is on my invoice and it doesn't work.

Any ideas similar problems. I haven't received any season ticket renewal info through the post and worry that I wont as I bought mine online last year.

I am trying to renew my season ticket on the club website and I'm getting this message.

Renew season ticket

Enter your barcode number here. If the barcode is correct the Season Ticket renewal information will be displayed. By clicking "Add to basket" you can add the season ticket to basket.

What barcode? Only one I have found is on my invoice and it doesn't work.

Any ideas similar problems. I haven't received any season ticket renewal info through the post and worry that I wont as I bought mine online last year.

May be they are still sending the info. out to everybody? I got mine in on Saturday morning, but my mate Darryl's (whose listed at my address) only came in yesterday.

In the letter they make mention of codes and regi numbers that you need when renewing online.

I'd say give it to the end of the week then chase them up with a phone call.

Still no renewal letter dropping through my door :thumbup: although I did get an email from the club to an email address I gave them 3 years ago, and not the one they always used to send the club updates too!

Don't worry you are not alone, nothing here either

the all singing all dancing database or system seems to be just as flawed or incompetent as before

whats that phrase again 'fatcalf', the more things change..........

but what about that comeback :lol: ..... :thumbup:

Don't worry you are not alone, nothing here either

the all singing all dancing database or system seems to be just as flawed or incompetent as before

whats that phrase again 'fatcalf', the more things change..........

but what about that comeback :wub: ..... :lol:

I hear that's definitely not the most favourite phrase 'Up By' :lol:

But aye, the single most comebackist of comebacks yer ever likely tae see, ever!!!! :notworthy:

the barcode is the number at the top of the letter, bbut wouldnt bother with that if you're in the cooper, apparently the system is fucked, tried to renew online and it gave me the wrong seat. went into ticket office and they couldnt say when it would be back up and running :evilgrin:

The 2.5% charge for using your CC is due to the club being charged that by the credit card companies. Why should the club cover that cost? losts of companies do that.

Also, for the 4 installments offer, I agree with Fatcalf!

It's not just credit cards - the girl in the ticket office told me thay have been told to charge the 2.5% on ALL cards, even though the renewal notice only specifically mentions credit cards. First time have had to use a cheque in ages.

It's not just credit cards - the girl in the ticket office told me thay have been told to charge the 2.5% on ALL cards, even though the renewal notice only specifically mentions credit cards. First time have had to use a cheque in ages.

Charging a fee for a debit card is not on, someone needs to have a word with the staff in the ticket office.

Let's have it right - an average of £310 a Season Ticket (or £294 paying early) is still FAR too expensive in this climate for sub-standard SPL football. Why are we sticking our head in the sand here? This was the time of all times to take a punt with the Season Tickets and get the price way down, market the Season Ticket as a real bargain and get the numbers up.

At £294 average - if we get 18 homes and no cup games it is £16.30 a game - hardly a bargain!! Assuming there will be at least one 'pennies' game (like Hibs) and one 'Friend for Free, BOGOF' etc.. throughout the season and considering most miss one or two it is practically cheaper to not get a season ticket.

Fairplay to those who sign up every year but the powers won't get the message. And if the standard £18 entry goes up (chances are if ST's effectively are going up) then it will end up being a smattering of diehard ST holders only at games with a few extra weans.

Sub 4000 crowds next year? - absolutely.

What "standard" are you referring to when you call SPL football "sub-standard"? A standard that would cost even more to achieve? It costs a certain amount to run the club and that is the biggest factor in determining the amount of revenue required. If all you want is cheaper tickets then you'll have to accept the possibility of an even lower standard.

What if the club cut the prices by 10%? Some people would be complaining it's still not enough, and there is no evidence to suggest it would actually bring in any more supporters long term. So the playing budget gets cut by 10% and the standard drops even further?

Trying it for one season as an experiment is all very well, but what if that experiment ends up with an even bigger financial loss and relegation? Downward spiral begins, and before you know where we are we're Morton.

As for football being too expensive, compared to what other comparable form of entertainment? Plenty of music/comedy gigs cost upwards of £30, and they won't give you the same excitement, involvement and passion that watching your team can, especially in the type of exceptional circumstances of the other night. Of course, if people are comparing it to sitting on their backside watching telly with a beer then yes, it's expensive....

As for football being too expensive, compared to what other comparable form of entertainment? Plenty of music/comedy gigs cost upwards of £30, and they won't give you the same excitement, involvement and passion that watching your team can, especially in the type of exceptional circumstances of the other night. Of course, if people are comparing it to sitting on their backside watching telly with a beer then yes, it's expensive....

Seriously? :lol:

Bands don't ask you to go every two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also how can you compare the two when you pay for a football match and are told to sit down on a plastic seat whereas:

You can drink alcohol at a gig.

You can go out for a smoke.

You can stand up.

It lasts more than 90 minutes

You are GUARENTEED to hear your heroes perform well.

And you are justifying SPL pricing because 'bands do it'

:lol:

Seriously? :)

Bands don't ask you to go every two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also how can you compare the two when you pay for a football match and are told to sit down on a plastic seat whereas:

You can drink alcohol at a gig.

You can go out for a smoke.

You can stand up.

It lasts more than 90 minutes

You are GUARENTEED to hear your heroes perform well.

And you are justifying SPL pricing because 'bands do it'

:lol:

Well, if those are the things that are most important to you.....