Two Announcements

mfcmainstand

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only questions I have now regarding the announcement concern the 'launch' dates of both the home and away kits and whether we are getting a new shirt sponsor or staying with Jaxx.

I must admit, after reading the Scotsman I thought it was officially getting released today.

Remodeled kit? Excuse my ignorance but what does that mean? An old (Stuttgart, international kit etc.) design in our colours with our badge?

I'm not an expert on the subject, but surely the fact we had the worst winter since time began may have affected a relatively new pitch?

The freeze left a lot of pavements cracked and crumbling in some areas, didn't it? If it can do that to concrete, freshly-laid grass doesn't have a chance.

As long as we don't get hit by that again this coming winter, we should be okay.

Most of the clubs had the same winter. We didn't cope.

I've played on 4G and it is awesome, but you still get heavy burns when sliding. But these guys are getting so overpayed that they should be able to accept a burnt knee from time to time ffs.

Most of the clubs had the same winter. We didn't cope.

Aberdeen , didn't really cope (pitch will require plenty of maintenance in the Summer)

Hibs, didn't really cope (pitch will require plenty of maintenance in the Summer)

Rangers, required plenty of running costs to maintain their park.

Motherwell cooked their grass by mistake or bad advice.

Completely agree on 4G turf for Fir Park though and get it rented out every night to youth teams.

At least this time we're getting a new manufacturer and sponosor at the same time, should mean this strip is good for a few years...

You would like to think so... The launch of the Motherwell FC PUMA 2010/2011 Home and Away Kit sees the club join the portfolio of PUMA contracted clubs including; Newcastle United, Burnley, Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff City, Reading, Bristol City, Coventry City, Hibernian, Bath Rugby Union and England Rugby League.

Aberdeen , didn't really cope (pitch will require plenty of maintenance in the Summer)

Hibs, didn't really cope (pitch will require plenty of maintenance in the Summer)

Rangers, required plenty of running costs to maintain their park.

Motherwell cooked their grass by mistake or bad advice.

And didn't I hear that the turf at Wembley is expected to be replaced up to seven times in the next year?

Where was flow's first post about the announcements? Just trying to get an idea if I hyped this up in my head or the language used didn't help much.

On page 2 of this thread, he said

As I said a bit earlier, possibly on another thread, it's been given a pretty big build-up and it wasn't meant to be like that.

How many clubs had laid a completely new pitch the prior summer?

how many clubs were supposed to fix their pitch the season before and botched it? this stuff about the harsh winter is a smokesreen to cover up the fact we are repeat offenders when it comes to the dodgy pitch.

Agreed, the decision to cheat a couple of years ago has really come back to bite us on the arse. Look at the money spent last year and now wasted, more money to be spent this summer, having to move European ties away from our ground last year. All this because of a 'calculated risk' taken not to do the necessary work when it was needed and keep fingers crossed the weather worked for us that winner. Crazy decision and one we're still paying for.