Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Starting to get a bit concerned about not having got anyone in at the moment we need 2 strikers or we'll finish the season as Motherwell NIL. Sutton.Murphy and Humhpries are more into assist than scoring. If we dont get anyone then it's 10th place finish come on McCall get yer finger oot. :huh:

2 players were coming up today for talks - FACT. I would assume that would have been earlier and not 8pm tonight, so a bit concerning we have not heard any snippet of news. I get the impression we have been after quite a few that have all fallen through for one reason or another.

We need a striker or we may struggle to score consistently between now and the end of the season.

The EPL is crazy - £50m for Torres and £36m for Carroll. I seem to remember we tried to get him on loan a season or two ago.

I still say that if anyone came to FP for talks today we won't have anything confirmed from Motherwell until the full deal has went through, we all know what happened with Grella.

Exactly, I'm sure Gunning the other night was revealed rather late in the evening. Hopefully a wee surprise or two is in store for us the night.

2 players were coming up today for talks - FACT. I would assume that would have been earlier and not 8pm tonight, so a bit concerning we have not heard any snippet of news. I get the impression we have been after quite a few that have all fallen through for one reason or another.

We need a striker or we may struggle to score consistently between now and the end of the season.

The EPL is crazy - £50m for Torres and £36m for Carroll. I seem to remember we tried to get him on loan a season or two ago.

Yea we did, I'm pretty sure the deal was near enough done at one point. Pretty sure most of us were VERY underwelmed at the prospect of a Newcastle unknown! :lol:

Imagine we had a potential £35,000,000 player at FP a couple of seasons back!

In saying that, it's daft money. Doesn't even seem real the way these clubs throw what is essentially the net worth of the SPL around on ONE player.

To me it would be UNBELIEVABLE news if Motherwell signed a player for £100,000, let alone half a million or a crazy £1,000,000. £10,000,000 is fairy tale stuff but £35,000,000 for a 21 year old Geordie and £50,000,000 (!) for an half decent Spaniard who is liable to go months unable to kick his own arse!?!?!?!?

It will burst like fuck one day, it has to.

So our primary criteria for a new manager revolved around Gannonesque contacts down south.
I think that was secondary. Primary was that he wouldn't cost any money to bring in.

Stuart McCall was 1st choice for the job.

Penny for the thoughts of Derek Weir tonight.

I would imagine he'll be waiting to see what is actually put in place first. More importantly I don't think he is rash enough to judge McCall at such short notice. The test is what happens over the summer.

I think that was secondary. Primary was that he wouldn't cost any money to bring in.

I would imagine he'll be waiting to see what is actually put in place first. More importantly I don't think he is rash enough to judge McCall at such short notice. The test is what happens over the summer.

I was by no means suggesting that he should be questioning McCall, he's got off to a solid enough start and strikes me as having a Terry Butcher type impact. However, he is a mile out from the aforementioned criteria and I fail to believe Weir's claim that he was top of the list.

See the old gaffer has been dipping his toes in the market:

Aberdeen, meanwhile, have signed former Rangers defender Steven Smith on loan until the end of the season, the 25-year-old making the switch from Norwich, but striker Andrius Velicka and defender Jerel Ifil are to leave the Pittodrie club.