Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Was speaking to an old aquaintance outside swinecastle on Saturday who mentioned that Jennings was down at Newcastle having talks, as he's out of contract in June....

Anyone else have an angle on this as if I were SM, I'd be pulling out all the stops to get him signed up for another couple of years!

Was speaking to an old aquaintance outside swinecastle on Saturday who mentioned that Jennings was down at Newcastle having talks, as he's out of contract in June....

Anyone else have an angle on this as if I were SM, I'd be pulling out all the stops to get him signed up for another couple of years!

It doesn't matter what McCall does. If he is in talks with Newcastle he will not be a Motherwell player next season. There is no way we can compete with them.

As much as I really like Humphrey and Jennings as players there is no way I can see either of them playing in the Premiership next year.

If either of the teams get relegated then it could be a shout but in the Premier, severely doubt it! Would not sell Humphrey for less than £1m either.

I wouldnt say Humphrey or Jennings couldnt get moves to the premiership after all did anyone think Conor Sammon would not only get a move to a premiership side but also get game time.If he can do it just about anyone can.

• Like 2

I wouldnt say Humphrey or Jennings couldnt get moves to the premiership after all did anyone think Conor Sammon would not only get a move to a premiership side but also get game time.If he can do it just about anyone can.

Yep

motivator779d3f6b7e3b10098426ea9336542a14ab8b6e22.jpg

Come the summer there is going to be plenty of transfer rumours banded about, and to be honest Motherwell will do well to keep young Murphy and Humphrey, as for Jennings he is capable of playing at a better team as such but i cant see a great deal of money being asked for him, as( work horses) seldom attract large fees. I see Jennings being linked to plenty of clubs but not actually going anywhere.

As for Murphy i think he will be moving on, poss to another SPL club.

Humphrey has now added goals to his CV , and pace and goals mean the vultures will be out in force, Semi final Cup day will prove to be the focal point not only for the fans and the day out, but every agent in the UK will be sniffing about for a bargain from our endless supply of valuable assets.

Dont pick the phone up unless your talking 800K plus for Murphy and maybe 850k plus for Humphrey..... the extra Pace alone is worth 50K (Min)

Edited by Dazzer

, as for Jennings he is capable of playing at a better team as such but i cant see a great deal of money being asked for him, as( work horses) seldom attract large fees. I see Jennings being linked to plenty of clubs but not actually going anywhere.

As for Murphy i think he will be moving on, poss to another SPL club.

Jenno can go for nothign - he is out of contract

Murphy - i think if the Rangers buyout goes through - he will be on his way there. McCoist has already expressed an interest in Goodwillie and Conway - i think he will get one of them - and then they will come for Murphy

It will all come down to whether or not Murphy wants to take his chance and go, or wait for a move down south. (he might be shit next season and not get a chance again v can Motherwell afford to refuse the money?)

It will all come down to whether or not Murphy wants to take his chance and go, or wait for a move down south. (he might be shit next season and not get a chance again v can Motherwell afford to refuse the money?)

After what happened with Reynolds I think the club now look upon transfers as they'd rather have £1m (bird) in their hand rather than £2m in the future (bush).

Reporting Scotland on just now and sports headline shouted out

Goalposts moved, no contract talks at Motherwell until after Hampden trip.

doesnt make me happy and reading through the link in the above post, shows that in typical fashion the delay could cost Motherwell, with players being in a stronger bargaining position after possible success and being in the spotlight

Reporting Scotland on just now and sports headline shouted out

Goalposts moved, no contract talks at Motherwell until after Hampden trip.

doesnt make me happy and reading through the link in the above post, shows that in typical fashion the delay could cost Motherwell, with players being in a stronger bargaining position after possible success and being in the spotlight

The club only got the top 6 place cemented on saturday,now they know what they can offer the players,problem is if you opened talks this week you have the players minds on contracts not 100% on the cup game.The club have decided to wait till after the game,i tend to agree with that.

The club only got the top 6 place cemented on saturday,now they know what they can offer the players,problem is if you opened talks this week you have the players minds on contracts not 100% on the cup game.The club have decided to wait till after the game,i tend to agree with that.

Now is not the time for distractions.

its not a distractions to be told how good you have been for the business and that we would like to secure your services in the future. top six was asked for, top six was delivered

guess the players that have been asked to put their families future income on hold until split was decided because it suits the club

only to be then told thanks for delivering top six, now go away and wait again

should just continue to show loyalty and faith.

cant blame anyone that walks away then can we

Christ man, i'm pretty certain the players themselves have no problem in waiting another week given the circumstances.

I see where Brazilian's coming from because, as a club, we speak before thinking too much of the time. However I think the right thing to do is wait until after the SF.

I think we're giving the impression we (the club) have more balls in our court than we actually have. Players like Sutters and Jenners might have an eye for new pastures and probably have the upper hand in the negotiations. I don't think any of these guys is sweating over their future, they'll get moves if our offer's don't match their expectations.

However

On saying that it would be such a result to tie these guys up on decent deals and for them to be up for it and signing them.

btw - I'd offer Jennings the captaincy as a sweetener. He's that important!

Over to you Stu.

On the Aberdeen boards, they're discussing who out of Craigan, Ross, Jennings and Sutton they should sign next season :wallbash:

Sad deluded numpties. Who the hell would go to Aberdeen ever again. Their crowds are edging closer to the 7000 mark.

I know they're deluded :evilgrin: Actually, i joined their board just in case they manage to do the impossible and get to the final. I'm being excrutiatingly polite to them at the moment. Call it 'grooming' if you like :whistling: Hoping to ultimately fire a great big GIRUY at them if we happen to meet them in the final :evilgrin:

btw - I'd offer Jennings the captaincy as a sweetener. He's that important!

I think we can give up on Jenno to be honest Steve. The rumour mill says he's off. No point in wasting time and effort on a player who has seemingly no intention of staying.