Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

if there was a like button i would be clicking it, forbes needs to be playedfar more often, he is under used and is always a goal threat

Aye but Michelle McMannus would:

a- last longer than him in a game,

b- prob be faster than him tae.

Being able to ping a ball a couple of times a game is fine for rugby or gridiron, you need a bit more than that to play football - and I have yet to see Forbes offer much else.

Sad times we don't have a winger in (how many pre-seasons is THAT we haven't had an actual left middy added to the squad - since Stuart Elliott?!!!) but not surprised seeing as we added two Strikers when we thought we would only get 1 and Reynolds is staying.

Although, Fraser's wage has been freed up...........

poor form really, even Killie can bring in a quality player and we bring in fuck all. What happened to the euro war cry with all our money going toward the team? as usual all pish + wind

Calm doon, ye'll giver yerself a shakattack... :rolleyes:

Like I said ealrier, maybe we are keeping our powder dry to get a few in during the winter break and a wee bit of freshness at just the right time. Or maybe Paw still has a loan deal or two up his sleeve in the next wee while?

Aye but Michelle McMannus would:

a- last longer than him in a game,

b- prob be faster than him tae.

Being able to ping a ball a couple of times a game is fine for rugby or gridiron, you need a bit more than that to play football - and I have yet to see Forbes offer much else.

Sad times we don't have a winger in (how many pre-seasons is THAT we haven't had an actual left middy added to the squad - since Stuart Elliott?!!!) but not surprised seeing as we added two Strikers when we thought we would only get 1 and Reynolds is staying.

Although, Fraser's wage has been freed up...........

Jim Paterson :rolleyes:

poor form really, even Killie can bring in a quality player and we bring in fuck all. What happened to the euro war cry with all our money going toward the team? as usual all pish + wind

Wasn't it beat Breidablik to sign a player, then the goals moved to 'beat Aaelesund to sign a player'?

Was that to get Casagolda I take it?

Has it though? We either gave him a lump sum or he will continue to get paid (less money) by us for next 9 months. Wonder what happened to the rest of the Quinn cash?

Aye if weve paid off Fraser we could be looking at £40k+ , but it was reported Cradiff have paid us in full, Surely we have something spare from the 3 near 10,000 crowds + win bonuses we got for our euro games

Remember you can sign freed players out side the window.

Well said mate, this Sky Sports F****ng panic they create with this countdown.

Plenty of players will be available hopefully some within or budget to bring in that will help the team, some of the panic on here is incredible .

Take a breath and see what happens .

Remember you can sign freed players out side the window.

Players who have been without a club since probably May/June and will need a few weeks, months to get to match fitness.

A few of the players you mentioned Cloudy I would take in a heartbeat, De Merit would be a good signing. Aliadiere would be class but couldnt afford him same with Gillespie or Rosenior I guess.

Overall I am pretty disappointed how today has went. We must have been trying to sign some players tho beacuse am sure the club/Brown would have come out and told us that there was no signings planned and not to get our hopes up.

With Aberdeen signing Velicka(good deal if stays fit) and Killie signing Eremenko two of our rivals have strengthened well in my opinion.

Well said mate, this Sky Sports F****ng panic they create with this countdown.

Plenty of players will be available hopefully some within or budget to bring in that will help the team, some of the panic on here is incredible .

Take a breath and see what happens .

Not panic id say, players who are out of contract and maybe have been for a while will take weeks to get match fit, were in desperate need of creative attacking options now,not unrealistic of folk after turning up in good numbers for our 3 euro games,putting several hundred thousand extra pounds in the club coffers and seeing us win 2 ties, to expect even 1 or 2 loan deals

The EPL clubs will loan out players after they finalise their 25 player list tomorrow.

Would we be able to sign a loan tomorrow, or would that only apply to loans between EPL and lower league clubs in England?

i'm a bit disapointed we didn't get someone in to play on the left but glad we've hung onto reynolds as two league positions and a couple of cup games will make us more than that swansea deal would have. we had our chance to in cash in on mark two years ago and we passed it up, if he ends up going for nothing then we can't really complain as we'll have got about 220 games out of him over the five years.

only time will tell how this transfer window has went but right now randolph looks to be a great find, blackman looks raw but could be a success and the cypriot and casagolda remain enimgas. right now i can't help but feel that a bit of money has been wasted by signing a back up keeper while we still had fraser and the fact that sutton got the nod in centre mid ahead of fitzpatrick on sunday makes me think his 6 month deal will come to nothing. you also have to wonder if we've overpaid hateley as he's meant to be a top earner now but isn't putting in the performances to justify it yet, unless he bucks up his ideas in the centre we might have to stick him at left mid or right back and see how he takes that.

right now we have no one to play on the left hand side of midfield and it'll seriously hinder our chances this season if we have to play murphy or sutton out their as our best chance of getting top six is them striking up a good partnership and sticking away 20 odd league goals between before the split. depending on how things go with blackman and humphrey we might have to give jamie pollock a run out there and see what he can do.

Well that was an exciting transfer deadline day - NOT

I reckon we have taken in around £600k in the last 6 weeks alone based on the Euro games + Quinn money + Celtic game.

That said we did reportedly make an operational loss of £700k last year. So perhaps no surprise that no additions have been made the the squad.

What is the score with Gow? Has he signed for anyone? He would be a decent signing if he got back to the form before he joined the Gers, but the Jury is out on that one.

All in all reasonably happy Reynolds is staying. He is worth more than £2-250K even with one year in his contract left. You have got to ask why he would even want to consider Swansea.

I think the squad is marginally weaker in midfield than last season, with the defence and attack approx the same. I am generally an optimist but I think it will be a real struggle to make top 6 this year with no creative midfielder as such.

Time will tell......

Well that was an exciting transfer deadline day - NOT

I reckon we have taken in around £600k in the last 6 weeks alone based on the Euro games + Quinn money + Celtic game.

That said we did reportedly make an operational loss of £700k last year. So perhaps no surprise that no additions have been made the the squad.

What is the score with Gow? Has he signed for anyone? He would be a decent siging if he got back to the form before he joined the Gers, but the Jury is out on that one.

All in all reasonably happy Reynolds is staying. He is worth more than £2-250K even with one year in his contract left. You have got to ask why he would even want to consider Swansea.

I think the squad is marginally weaker in midfield than last season, with the defence and attack approx the same. I am generally an optimist but I think it will be a real struggle to make top 6 this year with no creative midfielder as such.

Time will tell......

He signed for swindon earlier on

Not panic id say, players who are out of contract and maybe have been for a while will take weeks to get match fit, were in desperate need of creative attacking options now,not unrealistic of folk after turning up in good numbers for our 3 euro games,putting several hundred thousand extra pounds in the club coffers and seeing us win 2 ties, to expect even 1 or 2 loan deals

Sums it up for me. Hope waiting doesn't costs us points. As someone pointed out. How long do we have to wait before weak areas in the team are addressed?

It's fair to say the 3 Euro games were pretty well attended (certainly much higher crowds than your standard friendlies). As a result I reckon gate receipts combined with prize money ensured a conservative £400k profit on a standard pre-season.

However I'd say Boyle has a different way of operating from in the past and some of the £400k I reckon would be used to offset the loss of the Celtic home game post-split last season (approx £200k). And possible some more to cover the pitch repairs obviously done via an accounting exercise to not make it too obvious.

We do have £175,000 now for Quinn, however I'm sure that would be in last years budget forecast, not this seasons.

Fraser would have only left with some sort of severance offer so we only get to see the saving in real terms around Christmas time from not having on the books on a full wage.

Money is tighter than I think we all think, I reckon Commworld got us for a steal. I also don't see Casagolda locating the pot of gold next time there is a rainbow as has been touted on here.

Going forward I reckon we'll get 1 loan and 1 free agent in the next week, lets not ignore the footballing experience of +60 years in our management team, I'd like to credit them with knowing where the team currently falls short.