Opening Day Fixtures

coldonmac

Found this on Pie and Bovril ..... if true another away opening fixture to the newly promoted team ...

"The full set of new SPL fixtures will be released in 2 weeks time, however the opening day fixtures have been sent off to the ESPN and Sky well in advance. (so they can choose which matches to broadcast live), so here are the opening SPL fixtures of season 2010/11, I got this information from a friend who works at Sky.

Dundee United v Kilmarnock

Hamilton Academical v Celtic

Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen

Inverness CT v Motherwell

Rangers v Hibernian

St Mirren v St Johnstone"

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not great news for me as it's a few days before I get paid, and in the same salary month as a European Tour and another expensive weekend away.

Having said that, those fixtures are probably the best we could have hoped for in terms of being top of the league after the first game!

Having said that, those fixtures are probably the best we could have hoped for in terms of being top of the league after the first game!

Having been at the cup game up there last season, it's the last place I want to start the season! away to a newly promoted team out to prove themselves playinig a team they know they can beat - would rather someone else played them first game. :whistling:

If true then the Grotbags express will be in full swing

Should get a decent turnout too

Ballso has just been installed as the 11/10 fav for the Opening Day Round the Clock Darts Challenge.

Pishflaps. Best thing about Inverness is a trip to see a good friend of mine who stays up there and he'll be on honeymoon. And I'll just have come back down the week before from the wedding. However in good news I don't believe it.

Pishflaps. Best thing about Inverness is a trip to see a good friend of mine who stays up there and he'll be on honeymoon. And I'll just have come back down the week before from the wedding. However in good news I don't believe it.

On thinking about it I'm with you on this. SKY/ESPN already get about TWO MONTHS notice before the fixtures start to figure out what games in August/September they want so I'm not sure how another two or three weeks would help.

Worst time possible to play ICT as they will be full of confidence. As soon as ICT secured promotion i said on here id bet my house on us getting sent up there first game of the season. Now who was it that said they'll take that bet?

Need to troll through the older threads to see where my new house is :P

"The full set of new SPL fixtures will be released in 2 weeks time, however the opening day fixtures have been sent off to the ESPN and Sky well in advance. (so they can choose which matches to broadcast live), so here are the opening SPL fixtures of season 2010/11, I got this information from a friend who works at Sky.

:P Why would they only send the broadcasters the first round of fixtures? Is it not the done thing to programme/take the piss out of the paying punter every six weeks or so? Pinch of salt methinks.