Hi All From A Breiðablik Supporter

Bliki

Seriously, why do people insist on posting about how easily Motherwell are going to beat someone, whether it's our Europa League opponents simply based on a youtube clip and an ignorance towards Icelandic football, or it's Celtic because Josh Thompson is playing (just two of the recent examples I can recall)?

If what you've (generic 'you') posted actually happens, no-one will give a toss because they'll be too busy celebrating the result/performance. If the opposite happens, you'll just look like a right tit.

There's nothing wrong with confidence and believing in your team, but come on, have a bit of respect for the opposition too...

I thought this was a fans forum, where fans could post their comments and opinions.

In my humble opinion I think that the Mighty Well should win this tie, i'm not saying it will be easy this early in our season but in the end our class will tell.

In your humble opnion what do you think will be the outcome, or do you just sit on the fence making fun of others?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not making fun of you?

Of course it's a fans' forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, do you honestly believe describing the match as "a cake walk" is a "humble opinion"? I know, I know, you're saying that's referring to if we were midway through our season, but that's not the point.

I think we've got a very good chance of winning. I'd say we are favourites in the tie. However, it's still eleven men against eleven men. We are more than capable of losing against a much "lower-ranked" team (just look at our last few cup exits!), just as we are more than capable of pulling off a shock and beating a much-fancied team.

Just watched highlights of a few of Breidablik games and not too impressed with the standard of Icelandic football. If we were in the middle of our season this would be a cake walk, however it might be more like the Llanneli game last year and our class should tell over the two games. The goal keeper does not look to comfortable with crosses and the defence looks a little slow (wait a minute are we talking about the Well!!!).

If we approach this game with the correct attitude it should be a stroll in the park.

I accept this opinion. Of course the standard in Iceland is not very good. We are only about 320.000. and the fact that all the best young players are plucked from our academy at a young age is damaging. I think new rules are coming into the game to guard against that. I expect you to beat us over the tie, maybe not by a very large margin though.

No not at all. Just dont want to be ridiculed on here if you beat us 6-0 next week after I have been describing my team as good as Spain and our players, Zidane and co :-). The standard I am gloryfing might be piss poor :-) Even though I'll be proud of my team in its first ever European match. In all honesty, on a bad day you should even go through.

It will be nowhere near 6-0 :lol:

I actually think we can get beat

Look at the difference between our first leg game and our second leg game against Llanelli. I could see us struggling at Fir Park but being much better in Iceland due to another week on the training ground.

The problem with that is we probably aren't going to win 3-0 in Iceland.

We need a decent home leg result or we will really be shooting ourselves in the foot.