Hi All From A Breiðablik Supporter

Bliki

Well Breiðablik won 4-0 tonight and we are still top of the league. I have dampened my hopes abit when realising that Motherwell seems a good team. I think you managed a draw against Celtic and Rangers 3 times last season. The fact is that Scottish football is 100 times better than Icelandic football and even though I might think my team is playing wonderfull football that standard might not be up to scratch in the Scottish reserve league. Hopefully we wont get trashed.

bliki youve changed your tune mate are you trying to play mind games with us :rolleyes:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bliki youve changed your tune mate are you trying to play mind games with us :rolleyes:

No not at all. Just dont want to be ridiculed on here if you beat us 6-0 next week after I have been describing my team as good as Spain and our players, Zidane and co :-). The standard I am gloryfing might be piss poor :-) Even though I'll be proud of my team in its first ever European match. In all honesty, on a bad day you should even go through.

No not at all. Just dont want to be ridiculed on here if you beat us 6-0 next week ...........

Doubt any of us would do that. You have a right to be proud of your team, and talk up their chances .............. that's what football is all about. Besides, your burds are better looking than ours :rolleyes:

how many fans are yous expecting will travel over for the game bliki

Well we have just received the bad news from our supporters club that a charter flight that had been arranged to land in Glasgow after midnight on the 15th of july will never take off because we were unable to fill the 150 seats. For us that is a huge numer and many people are now arranging the trip on their own. Hopefully many ,,Blikar" will come to Scotland and enjoy the game with the best supporters in the world which I think the Scottish are having seen the Tartan Army set Reykjavik alight couple of times.

I believe we'll have about 100 people over. The financial crisis has hit us hard. We will be repaying IceSave for god knows how long (I never knew what IceSave was until I realised had to pay the bill for people who got tricked by criminal Icelandic bankers), the Krona is dead, the unemployment has never been this high, people loans on houses and cars have in many cases gone up 300-400%. Just last week my brother lost his house.

So it will be tough for us to make it to Scotland in great numbers :rolleyes:

Well we have just received the bad news from our supporters club that a charter flight that had been arranged to land in Glasgow after midnight on the 15th of july will never take off because we were unable to fill the 150 seats. For us that is a huge numer and many people are now arranging the trip on their own. Hopefully many ,,Blikar" will come to Scotland and enjoy the game with the best supporters in the world which I think the Scottish are having seen the Tartan Army set Reykjavik alight couple of times.

I believe we'll have about 100 people over. The financial crisis has hit us hard. We will be repaying IceSave for god knows how long (I never knew what IceSave was until I realised had to pay the bill for people who got tricked by criminal Icelandic bankers), the Krona is dead, the unemployment has never been this high, people loans on houses and cars have in many cases gone up 300-400%. Just last week my brother lost his house.

So it will be tough for us to make it to Scotland in great numbers :P

100 is not too bad a number - at times we've had teams like Inverness Caley struggling to bring 100 to Fir Park for a league match, so the same amount heading over from Iceland in this financial climate is to be applauded!

Anyway, I'm still just trying to get my head around the fact it's only a week til the match! :rolleyes:

100 is not too bad a number - at times we've had teams like Inverness Caley struggling to bring 100 to Fir Park for a league match, so the same amount heading over from Iceland in this financial climate is to be applauded!

Anyway, I'm still just trying to get my head around the fact it's only a week til the match! :rolleyes:

Yes, but I am not stating this, the number could be significally lower because of the abandoned charter flight. Hopefully not.

Goals from our game last night. Man of the match, Alfred Finnbogason, is not going to stay with us much longer, scored 3 goals (should have had 4 as a long shot of his which hit underside of the bar was clearly over the line). He also had the assist for our 4th. Hopefully we will give you a game but I am fearing the worst.

Breiðablik 4 Stjarnan 0

http://www.visir.is/section/IDROTTIR0101&a...&clipid=100

Cheers Bliki gives us a chance to see what we are up against, more even match against Selfoss the week before, even tho it finished 1-3 to Breidablik

Keeper isn't all that big? very rarely tested from high balls into the box in the couple of match highlights I watched there, Defenders seem to benefit from time on the ball

number 24 the boy thats developing a Chris Waddle mullet, seems to be involved in everything and number 10 Finnbogason? looks class

thats site has highlights of many games just click on the numbers for older games ( i think week game numbers)

I'll be betting on more than 3.5 goals in the games based on what I've seen, should be fairly entertaining

Cheers Bliki gives us a chance to see what we are up against, more even match against Selfoss the week before, even tho it finished 1-3 to Breidablik

Keeper isn't all that big? very rarely tested from high balls into the box in the couple of match highlights I watched there, Defenders seem to benefit from time on the ball

number 24 the boy thats developing a Chris Waddle mullet, seems to be involved in everything and number 10 Finnbogason? looks class

thats site has highlights of many games just click on the numbers for older games ( i think week game numbers)

I'll be betting on more than 3.5 goals in the games based on what I've seen, should be fairly entertaining

Yes our game is based on attack. We have scored 26 goals in 11 games but conceded 13 so that is a worry. The clean sheet yesterday was a rare occurence. Your´re right about the goalie.

No. 10 does look decent.

Alfreð Finnbogason, Icelandic U-21 international (3 goals in 6 games). Scored 13 league goals in 18 games last season. Is now the leagues topscorer with 8 goals in 11 games. Is also outstanding in find the right passes and has there fore been deployed as the playemaker. Is also the top assisster. I fear we will lose him soon

You Icelanders could always get a scheduled flight to The Fharoes, then charter a trawler to Aberdeen and bus it down from there. That's what the HB Thorshavn boys did, and boy were they well pished on arrival :D

I like it :-)!!

Just watched highlights of a few of Breidablik games and not too impressed with the standard of Icelandic football. If we were in the middle of our season this would be a cake walk, however it might be more like the Llanneli game last year and our class should tell over the two games. The goal keeper does not look to comfortable with crosses and the defence looks a little slow (wait a minute are we talking about the Well!!!).

If we approach this game with the correct attitude it should be a stroll in the park.

Just watched highlights of a few of Breidablik games and not too impressed with the standard of Icelandic football. If we were in the middle of our season this would be a cake walk, however it might be more like the Llanneli game last year and our class should tell over the two games. The goal keeper does not look to comfortable with crosses and the defence looks a little slow (wait a minute are we talking about the Well!!!).

If we approach this game with the correct attitude it should be a stroll in the park.

Nothing like tempting fate eh..........Honest to god you think we would learn. This will NOT be a stroll in the park for exactly the reasons you mention. I expect we will win over the 2 legs, but a cake walk it will not be..............

Nothing like tempting fate eh..........Honest to god you think we would learn. This will NOT be a stroll in the park for exactly the reasons you mention. I expect we will win over the 2 legs, but a cake walk it will not be..............

I said if we were in the middle of our season it would be a cake walk, however more likely to be like the Llanneli game and our clkass should tell over the two legs

Seriously, why do people insist on posting about how easily Motherwell are going to beat someone, whether it's our Europa League opponents simply based on a youtube clip and an ignorance towards Icelandic football, or it's Celtic because Josh Thompson is playing (just two of the recent examples I can recall)?

If what you've (generic 'you') posted actually happens, no-one will give a toss because they'll be too busy celebrating the result/performance. If the opposite happens, you'll just look like a right tit.

There's nothing wrong with confidence and believing in your team, but come on, have a bit of respect for the opposition too...