Away Fans On Thursday Night

Afternoon guys,

I have noticed that some people are asking how many fans our norwegian neighbours are bringing on Thursday....to answer the question I have no idea.....but i do want request that no matter how many fans they bring they must be hoey'd up on the top tier of the South Stand....up out the way...let us kill any atmosphere they want to generate.....We wil generate our own...

I dont care it its bad practice to our guests...F**k them! We're here to win a game if that means waste'n there night at Fir Park...so be it.....

Keep them up the top tier......Mon the 'well!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does being up the top tier not generate a better atmosphere?? ok, you cant see them as much - however its echos a helluva more up there than it does down the bottom - therefore the away fans sound louder???

either way - i do agree with you. we have to be selfish here and do whats best for US

Afternoon guys,

I have noticed that some people are asking how many fans our norwegian neighbours are bringing on Thursday....to answer the question I have no idea.....but i do want request that no matter how many fans they bring they must be hoey'd up on the top tier of the South Stand....up out the way...let us kill any atmosphere they want to generate.....We wil generate our own...

I dont care it its bad practice to our guests...F**k them! We're here to win a game if that means waste'n there night at Fir Park...so be it.....

Keep them up the top tier......Mon the 'well!

I like the Motherwellfans. But I am not sure if I like you. 

Thats okey. But if the 20 fans from Aalesund can be heard in your homeground ( no matter where they sit) Its a little sad...

I was under the impression from previous posts that you were bringing a bigger support to Motherwell than we took to Norway?

I don't know where I've heard it or seen it but I seem to remember talk of a section in the South Stand being made available for an expected 400 Aalesund fans? Might have been in response to a question on why parts of the Main Stand were out of commission.

In response to the OP though whilst I accept where you are coming from, I think back to trips I've been on away watching MFC in Europe and remember fondly some fine hospitality from the Faroes to Wales and I'd like to think that any team that comes to Motherwell on European business is greeted the same as I've been.

By all means make it as intimidating and hostile as we possibly can for their team on the night, but I hope their fans are well catered for whilst in Fir Park and Scotland as a whole.

Hello from Aalesund town,

on my ticket it says South Stand Lower. I don't know any official numbers for how many of us are coming, but there's one chartered supporter flight with 76, and then the official team charter with guests, and one busload of others, and then others traveling on their own like me, so I guess maybe 200 orange strips will be roaming around Motherwell soon.

Bitter enemies on the pitch, friends before and after - I hope! :drinks:

(Also hope for a good turnout of kilts....!) ;)

((And thanks to the ones who came to Aalesund - especially the one dancing a reel in the fanzone!))

In response to the OP though whilst I accept where you are coming from, I think back to trips I've been on away watching MFC in Europe and remember fondly some fine hospitality from the Faroes to Wales and I'd like to think that any team that comes to Motherwell on European business is greeted the same as I've been.

By all means make it as intimidating and hostile as we possibly can for their team on the night, but I hope their fans are well catered for whilst in Fir Park and Scotland as a whole.

Well said. I'd like to see them get the best seats available and walk away with a positive feeling about the club and Scotland and as a whole.

If six or seven thousand Motherwell fans can't generate more of an atmosphere than a few hundred Aaselund supporters then the problem lies with us, not the seating arrangement.

We might be rivals on the pitch for 90 minutes but as others have said Aalesund fans should be made to feel welcome at Fir Park. This is a golden chance for the club to create a good impression in Europe and Norway in particular.

Norwegian fans should be made to feel welcome.

I have happy memories of Norway having spent some time in Odda and Sogndal.

on my ticket it says South Stand Lower. I don't know any official numbers for how many of us are coming, but there's one chartered supporter flight with 76, and then the official team charter with guests, and one busload of others, and then others traveling on their own like me, so I guess maybe 200 orange strips will be roaming around Motherwell soon.

((And thanks to the ones who came to Aalesund - especially the one dancing a reel in the fanzone!))

Well that answers the Q. The Aalesund fans will be in the South stand lower. Pleased with that - 200 fans would make much more noise in the POD stand.

I am sure all Aalesund fans will be given a warm welcome. Motherwell is not a pretty town as it used to be a industrial/manufacturing town which employed 30,000 in the Steel industry - hence the nickname of Motherwell FC - The "Steelmen"

May the best team win - as long as it us of course :thumbup:

Enjoy your trip and have geat time in Scotland.

Look forward to drinking with you guys in Jack Daniels :thumbup:;)

Look forward also to joking and singing? with you guys in Jack Daniels :cheers::drinks:

(Didn't hear your songs well at the stadium here, but expect the chants to be somewhat louder over there...)

And I for one find it fascinating to come to your town and meet the people and learn about its industrial history, having toured more scenic parts of Scotland on previous occasions!

Look forward also to joking and singing? with you guys in Jack Daniels :drinks:;)

(Didn't hear your songs well at the stadium here, but expect the chants to be somewhat louder over there...)

And I for one find it fascinating to come to your town and meet the people and learn about its industrial history, having toured more scenic parts of Scotland on previous occasions!

You should reserve judgement on the town till you get here! Its far from a quaint fishing village! As for the singing, we usually only sing when we are winning, if we are honest, but thursday may well be an exception given the occasion. Most of the singing comes from the east stand section which is closest to the south stand lower you will be in. So if you cant hear anything, there isnt anything to hear and you may well find yourself in the pot for the draw on friday!

Got to say if I was a visiting fan at FP I'd want to be at the top of the South so I could get the best view. And if there are a couple of hundred coming over then its worth opening for them. Gutted I can't make it due to some selfish mate getting married but hopefully we get through and I can see the glamour tie next week.

It's a fucking shit hole. It has a vast array of pound shops(9.50 NOK shops(sounds like a cheap brothel that)), a scummy, crumbling town centre, shite nightlife although it has a fair amount of bars to cater for the many depressed and alcohol dependent residents. In addition to Fir Park, Motherwell has an Asda, the Aquatec, The Rex, M&D's and a crazy golf. There is two railway stations and numerous taxi ranks that will take you out of the town and into Glasgow/Edinburgh for a decent night out.

On the plus side, Airdrie and Coatbridge make it look like Las Vegas.