Odense Home Leg Ticket Details

Toxteth O'Grady

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy solved, next time we just withdraw from the competition, that way all the moaners on here can save their pennies for ICT and Hamilton. Making choices within a budget is not something new, though to listen to some of you you would think it was. Make your choices - its obvious that very few of us has the money to do everything we want - sacrifice something - be it a packet of fags or the couple of pints before the Hibs game, and there you have the extra fiver. It doesn't matter what the club does at the moment, this forum has just become a place for one big moan - and I include myself in that.

The club increase ticket prices for this game by a fiver and we end up with 6 pages banging on and on and on, simple if you want to go pay your £20 and go if not dont. Simples.

Or alternatively use an internet forum we know the people who run the club read and post to as a way to show unhappiness with a decision they've taken.

The club increase ticket prices for this game by a fiver and we end up with 6 pages banging on and on and on, simple if you want to go pay your £20 and go if not dont. Simples.

In younger folk like myselfs case we could stick some make up on and crouch down, save a fiver. :thumbup:

Two quid/five quid doesnt bother me. Will pay it and turn up.

Old man getting hit with a 43% price hike on a normal game. Poor Show. But he'll put his hand in his pocket again like he has done the last 40 odd years.

I think its the whole taking advantage of the core fan base, who they know will turn up regardless...thats what pisses folk off.

Or alternatively use an internet forum we know the people who run the club read and post to as a way to show unhappiness with a decision they've taken.

Which will change nothing, the club have taken the decision to increase ticket prices in order to boost revenue, the manager recently announced there was no money available at present for further transfers and there wasn't as much panty wetting.

I shouldn't think a decision like this is taken lightly, its a commercial decision which should benefit the club, can someone please tell me what is so wrong in wanting the club to benefit ?

FFS, it's possibly the biggest game in the clubs history and moaning about a fiver. If the club announced a charter to go to the away game for £200 most on here would be finding the funding for that.

I agree the club is taking a gamble based on the away leg result and the OAP ticket charge is out of order, but for the rest £20 is reasonable for a game of this importance.

Anyone know what Aberdeen charged for their qualifying round a few year back?

Club have to make a gamble here - my opinion is that they have got it wrong but its a tough call. They would have expected to make more than they will as the vast majority of teams were going to be a bigger draw than the one we are playing. We are also away first. There is a chance this is nothing more than a dead rubber when it comes back to FP. If that is the case then the gate will be no more than 4000 and the decision will bite big time. If we come back in the hunt then I think £20 is fair given the stakes and that anyone with a passing interest in the Well will want to be there. And to be honest if we come back 0-3 would the crowd be much more than 4k with a £15 ticket? Probably not. However the status quo seemed like the sensible choice to me. Tough call for the club though as they had to decide in advance and the 1st leg will be the biggest determinant as to the right price for the 2nd to maximise revenue. And at the end of the day thats what we have to do from this.

FFS, it's possibly the biggest game in the clubs history and moaning about a fiver. If the club announced a charter to go to the away game for £200 most on here would be finding the funding for that.

I agree the club is taking a gamble based on the away leg result and the OAP ticket charge is out of order, but for the rest £20 is reasonable for a game of this importance.

Anyone know what Aberdeen charged for their qualifying round a few year back?

Biggest game in the clubs history? your having a laugh surely

not sure about Aberdeen

but currently Liverpool vs Trabzonspor is £10 or £7.50 concession ( £15 parent n child) or Villa vs Rapid Vienna is £15 & £5 for the holt end (£20 main stand)

But it is not a fair comparison for any side of the argument,

£20 is overpriced for any game in my opinion, £20 for a third extra game is fleecing the fans

A lot of good reasoned and sensible points on here.

It's 3 extra games for the Club to pay wages for turnstile operators/programme sellers and whoever else they have to pay on matchdays as well as being 3 extra games for the fans to shell out for.

It's a massive game for the Club and the fans and us reaching the group stages of the Europa League will bring big financial rewards.

I'd rather hear people moaning about prices for this game than just be looking forward to the Hibs game as our first game of the season.

I hope we get a decent result in the first leg and Fir Park is bursting at the seams for the 2nd leg! :thumbup:

I don't think this will affect the crowd at all, there will be a bigger crowd and the place will be bouncing. The bigger the game the dearer it is to get in, that's just the way it is and always will be, i think the prices are very fair.

Why was Nancy cheaper? Same round, arguably better opponents.

Biggest game in the clubs history? your having a laugh surely

not sure about Aberdeen

but currently Liverpool vs Trabzonspor is £10 or £7.50 concession ( £15 parent n child) or Villa vs Rapid Vienna is £15 & £5 for the holt end (£20 main stand)

But it is not a fair comparison for any side of the argument,

£20 is overpriced for any game in my opinion, £20 for a third extra game is fleecing the fans

English teams average about £30 for league games or more, they don't look at the Europa league qualifiers as a big earner due to the TV money they earn from the league, so they can afford to reduce prices for a qualifier they are embarassed to be in. If you think we are in the same League as them, ok, I think this could be our biggest game in history revenue wise.

Tough one to know where I stand on this one..

Deal with the easy bit first. The lack of an OAP discount is bang out of order. But totally in line with the shabby treatment the elderly get in our society. Disgraceful. Nothing I type that follows this applies to the issue of OAP concessions...

£20 as a price in itself is too expensive for football. Personally I reckon £15 is too expensive but it's the world we live in now. The club have not raised the price to a level unheard of for football games. I remember going to Livingston when they were in the SPL (not yesterday) and I'm sure the gate prices then were £20/£10. I think if the club had hiked the price to £28 or £30 for this game, it would have been a clearer issue of fleecing the fans.

Thing is, we can't have it all ways. This forum has been full of posts bemoaning the lack of signings, to then criticise the club for attempting to maximise income seems to me a bit two faced. As others have pointed out, we are running a business here. To mention Dundee United is interesting. If we had kept the lower price and Dundee United made a lot more money from their play off game than we did, then we would have had people on here slating the lack of business sense at the club. To say "the other two games were £15, therefore this one should be as well" just invites a response from the club saying "£15 was a goodwill gesture, we could have charged £20 for every game". Would that consistency in pricing have made it alright? People were on here praising the club for the £15 price. Well, if we knew that £15 was a bargain (in terms of today's football pricing), we all know you don't get a bargain every time you go to the shops.

I think talk of around 10000 fans if they dropped the prices to £15 is ludicrous anyway. "If the club kept it at £15 and got 10000 in we'd make...", aye, well if yer granny had baws she'd be yer grandad. There is no way we'll get 10000 for this game, irrespective of a £5 price difference.

The more I think about it, I reckon the club have called it right. Would I rather it was £15? Aye, of course. Putting the sensible head on, should the club be trying to maximise their income and is £20 in today's market a reasonable price? Unfortunately, yes.

Oh and to the person who stated that they wouldn't now go because they couldn't afford to spend £100 watching football over the course of 6 weeks, are you really trying to tell me that your budgetting is so precise that you couldn't afford £100 but £90 would be something you could afford? As others have said, it's £5 difference. How much do each of us spend on stuff we don't need every week? Newspapers that are out of date when you get them. A packet of chewing gum while you're in getting it and maybe, oh aye gie me a can of juice and a packet of crisps. Or "Are you having another pint afore ye head up the road?" "Ach, aye go on then". These examples may not apply to everyone, but I'm sure if we all thought long and hard we could come up with something we spend a fiver on in a week that looking at it is "waste". All I would ask is that you think about that before stating that £5 is a bit of a hike.

Football is too expensive, we all know that. But sadly £20 for a game is not exorbitant in today's climate in football. Some people on here are talking as if it's the first time they've had to pay £20...

Deal with the easy bit first. The lack of an OAP discount is bang out of order. But totally in line with the shabby treatment the elderly get in our society. Disgraceful. Nothing I type that follows this applies to the issue of OAP concessions...

£20 as a price in itself is too expensive for football. Personally I reckon £15 is too expensive but it's the world we live in now. The club have not raised the price to a level unheard of for football games. I remember going to Livingston when they were in the SPL (not yesterday) and I'm sure the gate prices then were £20/£10. I think if the club had hiked the price to £28 or £30 for this game, it would have been a clearer issue of fleecing the fans.

Thing is, we can't have it all ways. This forum has been full of posts bemoaning the lack of signings, to then criticise the club for attempting to maximise income seems to me a bit two faced. As others have pointed out, we are running a business here. To mention Dundee United is interesting. If we had kept the lower price and Dundee United made a lot more money from their play off game than we did, then we would have had people on here slating the lack of business sense at the club. To say "the other two games were £15, therefore this one should be as well" just invites a response from the club saying "£15 was a goodwill gesture, we could have charged £20 for every game". Would that consistency in pricing have made it alright? People were on here praising the club for the £15 price. Well, if we knew that £15 was a bargain (in terms of today's football pricing), we all know you don't get a bargain every time you go to the shops.

I think talk of around 10000 fans if they dropped the prices to £15 is ludicrous anyway. "If the club kept it at £15 and got 10000 in we'd make...", aye, well if yer granny had baws she'd be yer grandad. There is no way we'll get 10000 for this game, irrespective of a £5 price difference.

The more I think about it, I reckon the club have called it right. Would I rather it was £15? Aye, of course. Putting the sensible head on, should the club be trying to maximise their income and is £20 in today's market a reasonable price? Unfortunately, yes.

Oh and to the person who stated that they wouldn't now go because they couldn't afford to spend £100 watching football over the course of 6 weeks, are you really trying to tell me that your budgetting is so precise that you couldn't afford £100 but £90 would be something you could afford? As others have said, it's £5 difference. How much do each of us spend on stuff we don't need every week? Newspapers that are out of date when you get them. A packet of chewing gum while you're in getting it and maybe, oh aye gie me a can of juice and a packet of crisps. Or "Are you having another pint afore ye head up the road?" "Ach, aye go on then". These examples may not apply to everyone, but I'm sure if we all thought long and hard we could come up with something we spend a fiver on in a week that looking at it is "waste". All I would ask is that you think about that before stating that £5 is a bit of a hike.

Football is too expensive, we all know that. But sadly £20 for a game is not exorbitant in today's climate in football. Some people on here are talking as if it's the first time they've had to pay £20...

Most reasonable and well explained post so far I reckon. I agree with it all - Motherwell fans just like something to moan about.

Shame on Motherwell for getting into Europe and playing 3 extra home games in the first place, fleecing all those fans who were forced to turn up.

:unsure: ...............Good post mate

I think we need to get over the notion that somehow the club owe's the fans something. Without the fans the club would not exist, true but the same can be said for any business. Without paying customers the business does not float.

The equation is simple. Pay for a ticket = Club provide a football match. The club are not in debt to the fan therafter, in the same way that cineworld are not in debt to their customers after they have shown the film. This notion that buying a season ticket means that the club owes the fan something more is also nonsense. You buy a season ticket and the club let you in to every SPL home game. That is where the deal ends.

The responsibility of the decision makers (i.e Boyle, Dempster) is to the business, not to the fans. Each individual fan has the freedom to decide to go, or not.

Personally I think that £20 is too much to pay for a football match but I will be there all the same without any sense of being a martyr or a victim because at the end of the day the choice is mine.

Anybody who goes on about it "only being a fiver" is coming across a total c**t. I know people who were struggling to scrape £15 of spare cash to get to the two first rounds, never mind a 25% increase.

Fuckin' pathetic argument.

I couldn't really have cared less if the last two rounds had been £20 as well to be honest. The fact is though, they weren't. We paid £15 to see home ties against two Scandinavian mobs we know very little about. Now all of a sudden the club have increased the prices for another home tie against a Scandinavian mob we know very little about. I'll pay it and I'll be there, but it doesn't change the fact that the club are, once again, cashing in.

aye good, next folk will be moaning if they go they canny feed the weans.....this place is a fucking riot....some of you need to get yer priorities right.....if you can't afford it don't go, it's a shame but I can't afford a lit of things I want, hey that's life, like I said.

As for the price increase, ideal? No. Does the club think best for business? Clearly. Some of you should leave the running of the club to those employed to do that and stick to deciding whether you should gie up yer pie, bovril, programme, scarf, replica top.....no easy eh?

aye good, next folk will be moaning if they go they canny feed the weans.....this place is a fucking riot....some of you need to get yer priorities right.....if you can't afford it don't go, it's a shame but I can't afford a lit of things I want, hey that's life, like I said.

As for the price increase, ideal? No. Does the club think best for business? Clearly. Some of you should leave the running of the club to those employed to do that and stick to deciding whether you should gie up yer pie, bovril, programme, scarf, replica top.....no easy eh?

If your top heavy with cash you could maybe throw a few quid towards Johnny's other 'project'