Odense - Europa League Play Off 2nd Leg

Tartan Copper

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buzzing about tomorrow night as well. This would easily be our biggest achievement since winning the Scottish Cup in 91 if we can get through.

----------------Randolph---------------

Saunders---Craigan-----Reynolds---Hammell

Humphrey---Lasley---Hateley----Sutton

----------Murphy-----Blackman-----------

Same start as against Aalesunds 3 weeks ago and Fir Park will be bouncing. 2-0 Motherwell, Blackman and Craigan with the goals.

Mon the Well!!!!!!! He's only on loan...........

I am fuckin' hyper.

Hopefully anyone who doesn't normally join in with chants at games has read Craig Brown's comments and some of the posts on here regarding atmosphere, and will actually get the finger out and the vocal chords pounded tomorrow night. It's not all about the lads on the park, we've got a big part to play. And regardless of what happens on the park, if Fir Park's atmosphere's shite tomorrow night (as usual) - we'll have let the players and the management down.

So aye, if you're one of these folk who sit in silence or enjoy moaning at our own players, get a fuckin' grip, wet the vocal chords before hand, ferociously back the players clad in C&A and make sure you cannae speak by Friday morning. If you don't, you're either a mute or a c**t.

In about this mob.

I think there is so much fear around Fir Park when things are going well and that's what keeps folk sitting nervously on their arse. Even when we're beating the Old Firm it feels like a house of cards about to fall. I don't really know what can be done about it. I think folk want to get more involved, just look at the atmosphere towards the end of the 6-6 game. Mibbe more folk need to get pished before the games.

Buzzing about tomorrow night as well. This would easily be our biggest achievement since winning the Scottish Cup in 91 if we can get through.

----------------Randolph---------------

Saunders---Craigan-----Reynolds---Hammell

Humphrey---Lasley---Hateley----Sutton

----------Murphy-----Blackman-----------

Same start as against Aalesunds 3 weeks ago and Fir Park will be bouncing. 2-0 Motherwell, Blackman and Craigan with the goals.

Mon the Well!!!!!!! He's only on loan...........

I really dont think Sutton brings anything to the team in left mid. I would use Fizzy if hes up to it and start with Sutton ahead of Blackman. Other than that, decent lineup without Jennings of course.

Mibbe more folk need to get pished before the games.

:D

too true. flow needs to fire a bit up on the website with wee broon telling everyone to get on the sauce prematch. whether its a bottle of tonic or a fine malt, a few beers or a couple of litres of poof juice everyone should do their bit and get pissed for victory :D

if we could reproduce the atmosphere from the game at tynecastle the night before hogmanay last year we'd have the danish scared shitless.

I really dont think Sutton brings anything to the team in left mid. I would use Fizzy if hes up to it and start with Sutton ahead of Blackman. Other than that, decent lineup without Jennings of course.

Exactly, I don't get the Sutton on the wing at all. He has no pace or no tricks, and not much of a left foot. He's much more suited to the role he's good at, which is up top winning flick ons and making a nuisance of himself, scoring strikers goals!

I would use Fitzpatrick also. Especially as I had a dream that he scored the winner in extra time, a la Easter Road CIS Semis 2005 v Hearts! Mind you we were in New York, turning Times Square claret and amber, so I'm not sure how valid that would be!

I also agree with what Jay says about atmosphere, we need to make it as hostile as possible for them and as supportive as possible for our players. Anyway, I'm absolutely champing!

Our club annouced that no tv station is showing the game in DK. Due to no scottish chanel is producing the game. Its on Fir Park or in the Radio, sadly (for us how's not able to go).

Shame Jakob, I wanted you lot to see us scoring the only goal of the game in the 90th minute, the radio will have to do then! :whistling:

Given how much this tie means to the club financially - £1.5-£2m against an annual turnover of £4m. Surely Boyles got to say to the lads, come on, get us through this and you all get £15k in your next wage packet!

Im trying not to get excited because we all know how often we get let down following the well. Cant help it, walking down buchanon street at lunch time there and my thought drifter to actually making it out the groups back into classic cup football! Fucksake!

It's going to be some day tomorrow, the tension will be buidling from sunrise until the game finishes.

Sadly I just can't see us doing it as we don't have a clean sheet in us for this game. I reckon it will be a pretty sickening exit for us as we will probably go 1-0 up, try to see it out and get caught out and end up 1-1 or losing 2-1.

Like the majority, I'm champin at the bit for tomorrow night - I almost feel like I did when I was a nipper as the 'big' Texaco games appraoched against England's then big teams

As I said earlier and many others have said, to hell with being embarrassed, have a few pints, or do whatever gets you in the mood, just get in there and make a noise that will make Odense realise the Dossers have a 12th man kicking every ball :whistling::woop:

If we get beaten by a better team, so be it, but don't let us whimper out

We CAN do it

MON RA DOSSERS

Sorry to say, but, I also can't see us keeping a clean sheet on Thursday.

Although C.B. initial tactic will be 1-0 (100% confident of that)

IMO, I think it will be 2-1 after 90 minutes and I can only hope we score last to take the tie to ET.

If this is the case, we should have a "noisy Fir Park" and the players should be on the front foot.

If they score last to go into ET, the place will get nervous and flat and I really worry about that.

£uck it........Darren Randolph's picture will be smiling on the back of the sports pages after a wonder performance.

Group stages here we come. :whistling:

I agree with all the singing comments and if you see someone not putting the effort in beside you make sure you convince them :woop:

I am in the unusual surroundings of the POD stand so I have an almost impossible task on my hands but I will try my best! :whistling:

Come on the well let's give us what we have been dreaming about since Hately's free kick went in last Thursday! I am sick of all the glorious failure heartbreak!!!

BBC video interview with Lars Olsen.

Odense coach Lars Olsen expects Motherwell to play better on Thursday than they did in the first leg of their Europa League qualifier.

Motherwell host the Danes 2-1 down from last week as they look to reach the group stages for the first time.

"I expect a team that are maybe 15-20 per cent better now that they play at home," Olsen told BBC Scotland.

"I think they will be more confident, but I will say that we can play better than we did in the first game."

Olsen insists he will not be sending his team out to defend their lead at Fir Park.

We have been playing over here in Scotland and England before and we know the crowd is very noisy

"Every game we play, we try to win the game," he said.

"But, of course, it is a little bit about the opponent. If they try, it could be a bit of a battle in the middle of the field."

Olsen added that his team would not be over-confident going into the second leg but will not be intimidated by a full-house at Fir Park.

"I am satisfied that we won the game and we have to finish the job here," he said.

"We have been playing over here in Scotland and England before and we know the crowd is very noisy.

"But we played a game on Sunday, 2-2 with Brondby in Copenhagen, in front of 15,000 people, so we are used to that - so that should not be a problem."

That result away to the side sitting third in the Danish Super League leaves Odense in sixth place, eight points behind leaders and defending champions FC Copenhagen after six games.

We'll go 2-0 up, lose a last minute goal to take it to extra time.

It will go to penalties and whichever motherwell player misses the decisive penalty will become the next ....insert Fagan, Fitzpatrick here and get barrowloads of abuse on the forum.

Either that or we'll win 1-0 or get pumped 3-0.

:lol:

too true. flow needs to fire a bit up on the website with wee broon telling everyone to get on the sauce prematch. whether its a bottle of tonic or a fine malt, a few beers or a couple of litres of poof juice everyone should do their bit and get pissed for victory :ph34r:

if we could reproduce the atmosphere from the game at tynecastle the night before hogmanay last year we'd have the danish scared shitless.

Me and my mates were just talking about that game. Atmosphere was unbelievable that night due to the fact so many folk were pished. If the atmoshpere is half as good as it was that night then it will be some noise.