Odense - Europa League Play Off 2nd Leg

Tartan Copper

Johan Absalonsen was unfortunately unjured in yesterdays match and won't be ready for Thursday.

Gislason SHOULD be ready, and so is Henrik Toft, our new physical attacker.

We played a great match against Brøndby IF yesterday, who beat Sporting Lissabon 2-0 last week. We had 2-0 until minute 84, where TWO... TWO referee mistakes gave them two goals (even though they only had 10 players).. First one was a penalty kick, which I believe shouldn't have been judged.. Second goal was OK... If it wasn't because the scoring player brought the ball under control with his hand just before the goal.

Our Hans Henrik Andreasen scored an amazing free-kick goal with the Jabulani, and Peter Utaka scored with a header.

Anyways... We didn't play up to the standards, so I think it will be 60/40 to you.

----------

Unfortunately I can't go to the match, since I have other plans next week... And it doesn't seem like there's a TV team on Fir Park on Thursday.. Can that really be true?? Thought every Europa League match were sent in TV... Even Danish 1st division football is shown in TV.. So that's odd :thumbup:

It's on Al-Jazera Sport 5 if you can find a pub with a satellite system. It'll probably be streamed also

http://liveonsat.com/LJsport_foot_uefa_europa_cup.php

Good luck

Albie

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My fear is that with so much at stake theres a lot of nervous tension inside the ground and certain sections of the support start to get on players backs with the ususal unhelpful comments.

Completely agree. I thought the atmosphere v Aalesunds for the majority of the game was fairly poor for the size of crowd that was there. Encouragement is the way to go and get right on Odense's back

I know come kick off my stomach will be doing somersaults no idea how I'll be able to concentrate at work during the day.

Im like that already :thumbup:

Knowing our luck we will win, there will be a pitch invasion and we will get papped out/crazy fine for it.

Had a fairly mental dream last night. It was 0-0 in the 93rd minute and 80th second (I know), the ball's with John Ruddy (I know), he knows if he boots it long the ref blows for full time, so he runs out to the edge of his D, nobody closes him down, so he goes to the half way line, he looks one of their players dead in the eye and mouths "I'm skinning you!", fuckin beasts his way past him and lets rip from 40 yards. Keeper tips it over the bar. Ruddy takes the corner and Steven Craigan taps the ball in from two yards (I know) to send us through!

Woke up with drool all over the pillow and mornin wood!

I believe!

That's the best Roy of the Rovers type fitba dream ever :lol:

It's key that we get to half time without conceding. If offered 0-0 after 60 minutes right now, I'd probably take it!
I know what you mean. I'm not sure whether I'd prefer us to score early, in which case Odense would have to open up a bit in the knowledge they needed another goal, or to keep at 0 - 0 and grab a goal in the last 5 minutes - by which time we'd all be basket cases.

Can you just imagine how we will feel if it is 1-0 to Motherwell in the 85th minute.

Anyone with a weak heart should not go near Fir Park on Thursday night.

Just as well we will be 3-0 up at 85 minutes........ :lol:

It will be a nerve wracking affair to be sure.

As long as we don't lose it in the last few minutes - that would be too much to bear :lol:

Can you just imagine how we will feel if it is 1-0 to Motherwell in the 85th minute.

Anyone with a weak heart should not go near Fir Park on Thursday night.

Just as well we will be 3-0 up at 85 minutes........ :lol:

It will be a nerve wracking affair to be sure.

As long as we don't lose it in the last few minutes - that would be too much to bear :lol:

Did you have to go and say what you were thinking :ph34r:

MON RA DOSSERS

Wouldn't put it past us to concede 2 goals in 5 minutes.
Didn't St. Mirren manage that against Hammerby? They drew 3 - 3 away from home and went 1 - 0 in the return leg. With about 3 minutes remaining, they managed to concede 2 goals (and have a 3rd disallowed) and lose the tie 5 - 4.

Completely agree. I thought the atmosphere v Aalesunds for the majority of the game was fairly poor for the size of crowd that was there. Encouragement is the way to go and get right on Odense's back

Fir Park's got a shite atmosphere 99 times out of 100. I know that turning up and singing for 90 minutes isn't to everyone's tastes every week, but for the odd massive game like this I can't quite get my head round why the majority of Fir Park is content to sit there, only joining in with about three choruses of "'Well 'Well Super 'Well" the entire game.

Big ticket games like this don't help matters either because people end up dispersed. Most folk will sit where they want, but you always get randoms demanding to sit in their seats. I'm not saying that's not on, of course it is - it's their seat if they want to sit in it. But if they end up then sitting in utter silence in an area that would normally be kicking off the chanting, then that effects the atmosphere as well.

Then of course it also doesn't help when there seems to be numerous folk who appear to turn up at a Motherwell game purely to moan and shout and our own players.

I'd like to be proved wrong on Thursday and witness a cauldron of atmosphere but it won't happen, because most folk don't seem like they can actually be arsed singing until the team gives them something to sing about, whereas IMO it should be the other way around.

There's still the potential for a good atmosphere though, so as long as the club doesn't dish out those chronic inflatable things that appeared at the Nancy game, the atmosphere won't be completely ruined.

I have two vuvuzela's if anybody wants them, I'm sure that will stir up a cracking atmosphere :evilgrin: lol

-----

Cracking to see the clubs sold almost 8000 tickets, I have a great feeling about this game I'm not usually so optimistic. I know the well will do this the hard way but I think we are going to scrape thru. By the sounds of broony I think he will play out usual defensive line up, Saunders, Craigan, reynolds and Hammell. Midfield -- Humphrey, Hateley, Lasley and Sutton. (Grandpa said he was very impressed by the way he handled eric djemba-djemba-djemba - so same again plz) the attack will consist of the pacy duo of Murphy and Blackman. Obv with randy in goals.

Can't wait till the game.

I'd go with:

Randolph

Saunders Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Lasley Hateley

Humphrey Sutton Murphy

Nick the Blackman

Sutton just to keep an eye on Djemba Djemba and Murphy and Humphrey getting back to help out defensively when we dont have the ball. Think this one will go into extra time and penalties, but lets just hope the atmosphere is good and we can get a result :evilgrin:

This is motherwell! 3-0 up after 85 minutes and I'll still be shiting masel!!

Wouldn't put it past us to concede 2 goals in 5 minutes.

Remember when we were 4-0 up on FHW all them years ago at half-time. Even then I wasn't sure we'd win! Of course, earlier that day I'd watched QPR comeback from 1-5 at home to Newcastle to draw 5-5 and the famous one at Port Vale when 0-4 with less than 30 to go on video......

That's £150k near enough already and a few days left, there's always a rush on the last day and we get another £20k for every extra 1,000 fans showing up.

With overheads taken off we're looking at £175k profit from Thursday plus Danish TV cash ... tidy little sum.

Not to forget the £80k odd UEFA gives you for a win (fingers crossed)

and the £850k for qualification.

That's £150k near enough already and a few days left, there's always a rush on the last day and we get another £20k for every extra 1,000 fans showing up.

With overheads taken off we're looking at £175k profit from Thursday plus Danish TV cash ... tidy little sum.

Not to forget the £80k odd UEFA gives you for a win (fingers crossed)

and the £850k for qualification.

I wonder if Boyle and co are counting the cash just now!! just thinking at the possiblity of another 6 games getting snatched from ur graspe is stressing me out. I believe we can do it, if we do I'm sure the celebrations will be something to behold. It's be a while since we have had a game of this magnatude, can't wait. I bet broons got the boys pracising penalties doon at dalziel park.

Fir Park's got a shite atmosphere 99 times out of 100. I know that turning up and singing for 90 minutes isn't to everyone's tastes every week, but for the odd massive game like this I can't quite get my head round why the majority of Fir Park is content to sit there, only joining in with about three choruses of "'Well 'Well Super 'Well" the entire game.

Big ticket games like this don't help matters either because people end up dispersed. Most folk will sit where they want, but you always get randoms demanding to sit in their seats. I'm not saying that's not on, of course it is - it's their seat if they want to sit in it. But if they end up then sitting in utter silence in an area that would normally be kicking off the chanting, then that effects the atmosphere as well.

Then of course it also doesn't help when there seems to be numerous folk who appear to turn up at a Motherwell game purely to moan and shout and our own players.

I'd like to be proved wrong on Thursday and witness a cauldron of atmosphere but it won't happen, because most folk don't seem like they can actually be arsed singing until the team gives them something to sing about, whereas IMO it should be the other way around.

Well said mate, totally agree with you.

This is massive and if we could wake up the POD stand on Thursday we can create an atmosphere inside Fir Park. When the East stand give the support on that side you can see players like Saunders getting a lift, and the opposition can also be affected such as Hibs defence on that side last week.

Lets get it started.

'Mon the 'Well