Odense - Europa League Play Off 2nd Leg

Tartan Copper

:wacko::lol:

I awoke in the night with a fever and the sky was the darkest blue,

And a still voice was calling to me, "The 'Well are needing you", Aye just like that.

And away in the distance, I can just make out this ball, coming in from the left,

And I'm starting to run, to run like hell and the voices are getting louder and louder and louder, Crying, "Hey big yin, gaun yersel'".

I have a dream (we have a dream), If dreams come true (If dreams come true),

Then Motherwell (then Motherwell), I will play for you. (we'll play for you),

Now I hope and I pray (we hope and pray), That if, if I do (that if we do),

Then Motherwell we'll play for you.

Now the next thing I know, someones gaun and tripped me,

And I've fallen just inside the box (thats a penalty),

Now ref he looks to his linesman and he's pointing right at the spot! (thats brilliant),

Now Jamie Murphy, who normally takes them, is handing the ball to me (you dont say)

And then I hear ma old lady screamin' blue murder, shes saying, "thats no the ball yer kickin' ya eejit, its me!"

I have a dream (we have a dream), If dreams come true (If dreams come true)

Then Motherwell (then Motherwell), I will play for you. (we'll play for you)

Now I hope and I pray (we hope and pray), that if, if do (that if we do)

Then Motherwell we'll play for you.

With apologies to John Gordon Sinclair and the Scotland WC 1982 squad...!!!

I'll get ma coat.....

:doh:

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we win - we win......

If we don't - we don't.....

What will be will be.....

Either way the boys have performed well enough to get us to this stage.

I and everyone on here (bar the odd Denmarkian) hope they have it in them for one final push.

One thing is for sure - we will need every player to be on top of their game, we will need a slice of luck along the way and maybe even a refereeing decision or two in our favour.

It will be some night whatever the outcome and a GREEEAAAT one if/when we win. Here's hoping :lol:

Trust you'll be giving it laldy up in the posh stand :wacko:

MON RA DOSSERS

Hyper as fuck now! 90 mins until I can leave work (i've done the square root of fuck all today), then it's straight home for a quick change and up to the pub.

Tonight could be my greatest night supporting MFC.

It's not often I wish this, but I certainly hope that I need to go to work tomorrow with a right Noel Hunt of a hangover! Cos that will mean i've got blotto celebrating a famous win.

We can do this mob! Mon the fucking 'Well !!!!

Never have I been so nervous over a football matches. Stomach is actually in knots, don't want to contemplate losing - and can't help but think of Motherwell still being in European Competition come December, and imagining Sevilla, Sampdoria, Juve, Liverpool, Stuttgart, Atletico Madrid, Man City turning up at Fir Park in the fog, frost and snow. And also being able to witness the East Stand give pelters to Fernando Torres, Carlos Tevez, Jesus Navas, Antonio Cassano, Diego, Kún Aguero etc. As well as obviously Jenno being able to truly show he is better than Steve Gerrard, Gerrard.

We won't ever have a better chance - and that's what scares me most. As if we fail tonight, then we never will get to "the promise land" of the Group Stages. At least with Nancy, we all tried to remain optimistic before the 2nd leg, but the purists knew we were truly up against it. Whereas now, we are a match for Odense - no doubt.

I really don't wanna think about being at Fir Park with >10,000 'Well fans glum come 9.30pm (or 10.30pm if ET/Pens are required). Let's hope it is a party like atmosphere like after the 6-6 game. And Fir Park witnesses a historic night.

I hope that the stadium is absolutely rocking (I don't harbour much hope, but it is so vital).

And for the love of god - the fuckwits in the East that don't understand 2-legged football, don't moan that we are not attacking if and when we sit back on our lead i.e 2-0 up against Aalesund, game relatively safe and in the bag, which was followed by ridiculous statements that we weren't attacking, or being creative. Well it's a 2-legged tie and goal difference doesn't count. Please grasp that fact. So, if we are 1-0 up with 25mins to go - get behind them and don't criticise that they aint going all out to tonk the Danes.

Hopefully the East Stand section can do their work to Carroll (in a similar way to Broadfoot on numerous games at FP) and throw him off his concentration.

Certainly gonna me a memorable night one way or another.

And let's hope it is Kool and the Gang come Full Time and not Chumbawumba.. :wacko:

Hopefully the East Stand section can do their work to Carroll (in a similar way to Broadfoot on numerous games at FP) and throw him off his concentration.

Roy Carroll still shags Djemba-Djemba! Roy Carroll still shags Djemba-Djemba!

Went down well in the first leg, can't mind what tune it is to though.

i must be the only one that is quite calm about tonights game. i am just about to leave to ge tthe train down for the game and i am looking forword to it. it is just a other game. i know i will feel diffrent when i have had a few drinks and meet up with a couple of the boys and the time gets nearer. 2-0 well murphy with a double.