Vs Brechin 21/09/2010

Finlay

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Murphy?
A couple of weeks ago, Brown said he was wary of overplaying Murphy with all the Euro and U-21 matches he was involved with, and wanted to give him a break. I presume he sees tonight as a chance to rest him - especially as we're not short of options up front.

Motherwell Team: Randolph, Saunders, Reynolds, Craigan, Hateley, Humphrey, Lasley, Forbes, Page, Blackman, Gow

Subs: Jennings, Sutton, McHugh, Pollock and Hollis

No mention of Fitzy. Time must be running out for him now given that he has till Christmas to prove himself. Would be a real shame if we do not seem him in a Well first team again before then.

Somebody mentioned playing players out of position to avoid playing fringe players, was it not Brown who having lost a couple of defenders played a midfield player in defence and left Brian Martin on the bench, a player who was well overdue a Scotland call up and was playing out of his skin at the time. May have been Roxburgh at that time. My memory is sketchy.

Somebody mentioned playing players out of position to avoid playing fringe players, was it not Brown who having lost a couple of defenders played a midfield player in defence and left Brian Martin on the bench, a player who was well overdue a Scotland call up and was playing out of his skin at the time. May have been Roxburgh at that time. My memory is sketchy.
Could have been any Scotland manager in my lifetime. As mentioned on other threads, Joe Wark suffered the same fate for many years.