V Hearts 25/9/2010

dazamfc

Fucking delightful result. Fully expected us to win today given our style of play. The really pleasing thing though is the nature of our win. Usually we sit on a 1st half lead but it's really pleasing to go out and win the 2nd half.

Canny whack a win against the Jambos.

Lets see if we can get our home form sorted now.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canny find my post from the last time we won at Swinecastle, think it was along the lines of:

Jim Jeffries, Rudi Skacel, John Robertson, Walter Kidd, Jimmy Sandison, Alex McDonald, Ian Baird, Gary Mackay and other assorted Jambo pondlife from across the generations, this ones for you. 'Roon ye ya muppets :wacko:

Absolutely delighted with that result today.

Good to see Humphrey's starting to show he can put a decent ball in for our strikers.

Sounded like somebody's finally pointed out to him that our strikers don't necessarily have to score with their heads, which is certainly a good start.

That was FUCKING AMAZING. We were frustrating to start with but we tore the arse out of those Jambo scumbags. Was fantastic game and a fantastic atmosphere. That should put to bed any of the pish about the "wee neds wae smoke bombs", they played a huge part today those wee neds! Every supporter and player should be proud and as delighted as I am! Absolutely magic motherwell, cannae keep the smile off my face walkin about Edinburgh tonight! Get it right up ye FHW.

PS I won 40 quid betting Blackman to score first and 'Well to win 2-0, fucking buzzing!

Absolutely magic motherwell, cannae keep the smile off my face walkin about Edinburgh tonight! Get it right up ye FHW.

I know the feeling mate. I had a smug look on my face the whole way home!

Midfield and defence were both reasonably solid today. Hateley still struggled a wee bit being out of position but did make a few crucial tackles and kicked off a couple of decent moves. Humphrey, Blackman, Sutton and Murphy all did a great job today, Lasley and Jennings put themselves about well and pretty much stopped the Hearts midfield in their tracks. Randolph didn't have a save to make that I can recall.

Big Craggs loves a win against the Jambos!

Brown got his tactics spot on in the second half. When he realised all Hearts were doing was humping the ball up to Kyle, all he did was ask the players to win the second ball. No point challenging for the first, as Kyle would/should beat most in the air.

Excellent. Changed it when we needed to.

Agreed about the fans. But it's always the same from the 'Well away support when we go to Tynecastle tbh (well everytime I have been).

Agreed about the fans. But it's always the same from the 'Well away support when we go to Tynecastle tbh (well everytime I have been).

My favourite away game by a mile. Some amazing games there in recent years, even when we don't win and the fans are always packed in, great stadium.

tremendous performance today. we weren't at our best in the first half and had problems playing the ball out form the back due to our full back situation but we were superb in the 2nd half and when the game opened up a bit there was only one team in it. hearts had a decent penalty shout in the 1st half but they didn't deserve anything out the game.

i think it's time our defence got a bit of credit, loads of stick was flying their way after the hibs game but since then they've been outstanding. if we can keep craigan, reynolds, lasley and jennings fit we'll be far too solid for most teams we come up against. big randy actually looks better than ruddy, a quality goalkeeper with a bit of a swagger as well, his dribble today was immense.

going forward we scored two good goals, hit the post twice and missed an open goal. if murphy's shot that hit the post in the first half had went in it would have one of the goals of the season. the front four all did very well big sutty put in his usual shift, humphrey put in his best performance yet, blackman improved again and looks like he'll get us a good few goals and murphy was nearly unplayable for the (admitedly shite) hearts defence. they couldn't get the ball off him at all and when he starts being a bit more direct he'll be putting teams away on his own.

all in all very good, we've had decent starts to the season the past two years which have went a bit pear shaped in the 2nd cycle of games but hopefully this year we'll push on a bit. we just need a home win and a decent performance next week to get everyone right behind the team.

We were magnificent today especially in the second half. There was not a failure in the team and we could have won by more. Humphrey was awesome and if he can maintain the form he showed today he is destined for big things. Hopefully we can cement third by getting our first home win next week.

I was treated to corporate hospitality today so was sat amomgst the jambos. They were all screaming for Rudi to appear yet 10 minutes after he came on they were giving him dogs abuse! Could hardly contain my laughter!!

:lol: Absolutely feckin brilliant.

Every time we went forward you just thought we could score.

Hearts the 3rd force?????????

We were better in every department, I thought Murphy put in a great shift, Humphrey was superb, Craigan and Reynolds were tremendous against that big, useless b'stard Kylie.

Saunders was good, as was Hateley.

Sutton and Blackman were everywhere, Las and Jenno were pissing over the jambo midfield and big Randy in goals is an absolute belter of a goalie.

My God we are brilliant, I love being a Well fan. :woop::cheers:

P.S. I went up to the Spar in Shields Road when I came back from Swinecastle for my usual Saturday night bottle of "who are you looking at" and do you know who was there??

Esteban Casagolda!

No Kidding. He told me he just had an operation and will be out for a couple of weeks.

We were talking about todays game and I was telling him about the Humps performance and he just said, Si, Humphrey es muy rapido. :cheers:

First half we looked slightly more likely but overall we cancelled each other out. Couple of exceptions was our wonderful swift move when Murphy hit the post and then Calum Elliot appeared to be scythed down in the box but we got away with one there.

Second half we ran over the top of them. Humphrey was less involved today than in other games however when he was involved today he had more impact and he can be chuffed to bits with his efforts. If he crosses like that every game then we have a player here that could earn us a lot of money. But for now its swallows and summers for him.

Our back four were immense, especially the middle two. We just have a great knack of playing away from home. Limiting Hearts (and they aren't the best Hearts team ever but they aren't shite) to one shot on target is a cracking effort. Randolph apart from his showboat would have been as well sitting next to me for all he had to do.

All in a good day.

First half we looked slightly more likely but overall we cancelled each other out. Couple of exceptions was our wonderful swift move when Murphy hit the post and then Calum Elliot appeared to be scythed down in the box but we got away with one there.

Will have to see it on telly, but Radio Scotland commentators both said it was never a penalty in a million years, and at least one newspaper report I've read online so far described the appeal as "hopeful".

Have to admit from where we were it looked like a stonewall penalty. I'd have been screaming for it had it been Murphy brought down like that.

Good performance but how woeful was the referee? Bouzid is an animal and the foul on Lasley that wasnt given was criminal.

Just seen our goals today on Sky Sports News, Humprey skinned the full back for both goals and actually found a Motherwell player with his pass, Blackman scored from 6 yards whilst Suttons was a tap-in from less than a yard. 100% away record and 3 clean sheets in the league. Need to convert our home form now and we should be looking at another European tour next summer.

Good performance but how woeful was the referee? Bouzid is an animal and the foul on Lasley that wasnt given was criminal.

I thought the ref was on the whole good. That was a foul though and to be fair he was directly behind it and as soon as it happened he looked over to his linesman as he clearly couldn't see if he'd played the ball or not and he got no help. Some of the shouts for fouls from the 'Well fans in the early part of the 2nd half were ridiculous.

Great result today - its always extra special to beat Hearts. I haven't heard Jovial Jim's comments yet, but no doubt we were lucky/it was down to poor refeering/Heats were robbed

Just listened to them. He was fulsome in his praise. Actually I thought his summary of the game was spot on.

With Mortonhall Well in the John Robertson lounge courtesy of a neighbour. He is a Jambo of course but actually a fairly likeable one. If nothing else he put a £5 down on Blackman to score the 1st on my advice...i only put £2 down at 8/1.

The Elliot penalty incident happened in front of us and whilst it could have been given the truth is he ran straight into our player not the other way around.

hard not to jump about when the goals went in. self preservation and all that. The Jambos were resigned in the end to the fact we were well on top and had few arguments over the final result.

Great game and all the players played well, especially in the second half. Humphrey was different class today and has the potential to go a long way in the game. Credit to Gannon for bringing him up here and on a decent deal.

Happy days :cheers: