CIS Cup Semi-Final

Yoshi-1991

I was at the last Semi Final Craig was in the Motherwell dugout. The usual dodgy penalty ensured Rangers got to the Final.

Yabba, do you have a video of that sad night on the Southside of Glasgow? :lol: If so, maybe you would be so kind as to upload it to the highlights thread. :P

Cheers

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:O:O

FFS according to half the folk on here we would be as well no turning up at Hampden.

Its a one off. Ninety minutes eleven against eleven. What happened at Ibrox or more especially the last time at Hampden doesn't come into the equation.

Granpa Broon and Erchie will have the team up for it.

WE need to get behind them at Hampden and who knows what might happen.

We were supposed to get humped against Celtic at Hampden in the semi when we won the Scottish Cup so lets get behind the team.

Mon the semi final Dossers.

Spot on and exactly what went through my mind.

Sure, it's probably the toughest draw we could have got, but had the '91 team thought like that, we wouldn't have bothered turning up for the Semi replay, as you don't get 2nd chances against the Squirm :nod:

BOLLOCKS

If I had my way, the Squirm would have been knocked out in their 1st match, but like us they weren't; they're a team of 11 guys who want to get to a final, but I don't believe for a minute they want it any more than us.

Over the piece, the Squirm will probably win most of our encounters, BUT they don't win them all, so who's to say we won't win this game.

Stay positive and

MON RA DOSSERS :lol::P

The last time we played them in a semi (Scottish Cup) they won 4-3 by virtue of a tremendously soft free-kick and a pen turned down for us. Should have gone in 3-1 at half time as well but Clarkson blazed one over IIRC.

Nothing to fear. Pressure all on Rangers.

The last time we played them in a semi (Scottish Cup) they won 4-3 by virtue of a tremendously soft free-kick and a pen turned down for us. Should have gone in 3-1 at half time as well but Clarkson blazed one over IIRC.

Nothing to fear. Pressure all on Rangers.

I still shoot my load whenever I see Faddy's goal in that game!

Anyway February is a long time away! Miller will be gone as will shagger! They may look invincible just now BUT in February they might be shite !

Plus we have to beat them sometime!

125 years of Motherwell, 60 years since we last won the league cup! 20 years since we won the Scottish!!!

Motherwell's name is on the trophy! Don't fret!!! :notworthy:

I was at the last Semi Final Craig was in the Motherwell dugout. The usual dodgy penalty ensured Rangers got to the Final.

Yabba, do you have a video of that sad night on the Southside of Glasgow? :D If so, maybe you would be so kind as to upload it to the highlights thread. :D

Cheers

video!!

some old news real more like it, hold on you were a boy when the game was played so there might be a cave painting of it :P

as for the this years draw no surprise the old scum are being kept apart, mind you a Motherwell v Aberdeen final would be cool especially when we get another change to take the piss out of Mark McGhee :notworthy:

I think the fact that the game is at hampden should suit our style this season. Loads of space for balls into murphy's feet and for humphrey to run on to.

Fuck it, we've got to beat them to make the final. I'll be positive for once :notworthy:

Very little to fear in this game,the pressure will all be on them.

They probably can't believe themselves the start they have made,considering it's more or less the same collection of numpties in their ranks who have been the best of a bad lot for a few years

They have a team of non entities with no player m'well should be scared of

It's long past time we beat them,we have nothing to lose

As i've said before it is a one of game and Motherwell go into it with a 50/50 chance and if Motherwell want it more,which they should to be honest - then they should never have anything to fear. It's 11 v 11 at the end of the day,and see to be honest if Motherwell won against the old firm in the semi-final it would fill them with confidence and belief for the final - unlike last time where they might aswell no have turned up for the final.

I genuinly believe Motherwell can win this game and everything can cha nge before february.

On the flip side Rangers fans and team fancy their chances against ANYONE right now,and rightfully so - they are a team that doesn't know when or if it's beat. Theres no better 'TEAM' in Scotland,not even close - and obviously they will be favourites.

I guarentee this is a better draw than aberdeen because u can almost guarentee against Aberdeen Motherwell would have been beaten 2-0 without a whimper - that's not derogotory it's just the fucking way things seem to happen.

As folk have said the onus is on Rangers to win the game and that always plays into the 'underdogs' hands.

Should be a cracking game......

The fact that both games take place at the weekend should ensure bigger attendances, with all clubs bringing better supports. This means a much better atmos and more cash in the club coffers.

As for the game, well we're obviously massive underdogs but that's how we like it. Its a one-off game and you never know. We have plenty of games before it, but I'm sure we'll all be right up for it in the week leading up to the semi.

It will obviously mean the home league game against Saint Mirren will move to a midweek slot, and a lower than normal attendance probably. Still, think it's a great idea to have these league cup tie at weekends.

Just shows how ridiculous Scottish football has become that it is perceived that no team can beat Rangers in a one off match. Our league is the laughing stock of Europe. Anyway, get in about them for 90 minutes and we'll see what happens....

Look what Ross County did to the Filth at Hampden in May :doh: It's a cup-tie and we have nothing to lose, anything is possible. Lets get in about the Durty Fekkers and give them a right good humping.

Aye but that never seems to work for us though. We've seen it many a time through the last eight years teams managing to get the better of Rangers or Celtic, yet we're never able to do it.

I'm sorry, but the very prospect of playing Rangers these days just fills me with apathy and dread. Even now, three months away from the game I can see it being an absolute heartbreaker for us in that we'll probably run them close, have chances to bury them, have a perfectly good goal disallowed or a penalty denied and they'll sneak it late on or in extra time or penalties etc. Then we'll walk away with the usual patronising comments about how we 'played magnificently' and 'more than matched them' yet all the time feeling utterly dejected.

But I'll still be there hoping for a different outcome because if by some miracle - and it would be a miracle IMO - we do manage to get the better of this lot at Hampden then it will be up there with the greatest results in our history and I won't want to miss it.

.....................But I'll still be there hoping for a different outcome because if by some miracle - and it would be a miracle IMO - we do manage to get the better of this lot at Hampden then it will be up there with the greatest results in our history and I won't want to miss it.

Pretty much how most of us will see it :doh:

Just shows how ridiculous Scottish football has become that it is perceived that no team can beat Rangers in a one off match. Our league is the laughing stock of Europe. Anyway, get in about them for 90 minutes and we'll see what happens....
It's not "no team", it's specifically Motherwell. Our record against them has been nothing short of abysmal in recent memory. There is no logic to it, except perhaps, we have difficulty dealing with their particular style of play. The last game at Ibrox is a perfect example - play decent for long stretches and still conspire to lose 4 goals.