Inverness - 6th November

Stuarty

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not long back from a cracking weekend away.

Special Aka was the perfect host.

Great 3 points and played some decent football. Squeaky bum time for the last 15 mins though.

The away fans were brilliant.

Shame about the local plod taking peoples drink off them at the station on the way back! :wallbash:

Really enjoyed the game yesterday. Thought the first 30 minutes we dominated territory and possession but for all that ICT had the best three chances and really should have been winning. We then scored a goal from a corner (Terry will be raging!) and a total fluke to give us a flattering lead at half time. However we really need to put teams away. We played some amount of balls across the face and to the strikers and were let down by either poor finishing, poor positioning or poor decision making and really we should have been about 5-0 up before they scored their goal. Though to be fair at 1-2, apart from a scare right after the goal when the referee played a really good advantage for them and they had a shot that went a bit high, we defended comfortably. Was actually a pretty decent game for the SPL.

Enjoyed the atmosphere and a good few bevvies in Inverness last night - a buzzing friendly wee city at night.

For those on the train home shame unnecessary policing spoiled it a bit but nobody can say they weren't warned. Twice on the PA and the steward told me on the way out - as I walked to my car!!!!!

Some of the football Inverness played was far better than either of our next three opponents have played this season, which is why we should fear none of them. They are a tidy side and it speaks volumes for us we can go there and win.

Shame about the local plod taking peoples drink off them at the station on the way back! :wank:

There were 4 of them on our train the whole way back and the main copper "big power trip type" was a fud, man handling a guy who was just trying to go to the bog. Managed to get most of my half bottle drank before they caught me on the cameras. Train up at 10.10 was mobbed and we had no trouble drinkin at all.

Good result and good day out all things considered.

Some of the football Inverness played was far better than either of our next three opponents have played this season, which is why we should fear none of them. They are a tidy side and it speaks volumes for us we can go there and win.

I'd agree with that.

The last 15-20 minutes or so of that game looked like it had more than it's fair share of hairy moments.

Crazy day,

• Left the house at 6.30am
  • Get into the game as a kid (Cheers Peter, sorry dad)
  • Cannae mind much of the game
  • Having to get confirmation that both our goals counted fae hame.
  • Winning Best Dressed prize (You know it makes sense)
  • Almost arrested for holding-up a train(just call me Buster) so that Fritz could make it
  • Sitting in some swanky hotel bar waiting for Fritz(Jager-gate) and Broony(he got the wrong train and was heading to Wick), drinking overpriced Becks
  • Had my own pc for 3/4's of train ride hame(to be fair he was actually awwright)
  • Text the mrs at midnight to say getting taxi hame fae Queen St
  • Hijacked by Broony and taken to a nightclub in Bellshill, where we meet Bolton and co
  • Finally get hame at 3am, a little worse for wear.

Anyone for Aberdeen next month???? :wank:

The police on the train on the way back down were exactly what I've come to expect. Antagonistic, patronising and choking to get a reaction out of the least hostile crowd of football fans you're likely to come across. Unfortunately, to some extent, they got the reaction they were looking for. No chance at all any action will come of it though as the boys in blue were behaving worse than the 'Well fans, as CCTV would prove in the event of any court case.

Anyway, they certainly didn't ruin my day. Brilliant wee jaunt and even better result.

Crazy day,

• Almost arrested for holding-up a train(just call me Buster) so that Fritz could make it
  • Sitting in some swanky hotel bar waiting for Fritz(Jager-gate) and Broony(he got the wrong train and was heading to Wick), drinking overpriced Becks
  • Had my own pc for 3/4's of train ride hame(to be fair he was actually awwright)
  • Hijacked by Broony and taken to a nightclub in Bellshill, where we meet Bolton and co

Anyone for Aberdeen next month???? :wank:

Don't remember much about the day after the 'incident' in Deenos, not even sure that I seen much of the game and had to get confirmation of the result when I was on the train hame.

I sobered up helluva quickly though when I realised my train was heading in the wrong direction, standing at Muir of Ord station for what felt like fucking ages, and I was delighted to see you two in that hotel.

Nae idea why there were so many polis on our train, but they certainly didnt take kindly to my rendition of the 'Mark McGhee' song when I heard that the Sheep had got gang-raped off the beggars.

p.s. Calling Charlies a 'nightclub' is stretching is slightly Probes, but it was a good laugh in there anaw before I bounced up the road.

Cracking day out as always, although the low points - like everyone else has mentioned - involved the police.

Train up was a good laugh. Had 12 tins taken off me at Queen Street while the old bill were building their cargo for the police Christmas party, but thankfully me and the Spaniards had pre-planned with about a dozen bottles of coke filled with vodka and Morgans. Seemed a bit pointless making the Glasgow to Perth train dry given the Perth to Inverness train blatantly wasn't.

Cracking atmosphere in the Sports Bar pre-match and good to hear that one of the toothless h**s got lamped. Somehow ended up in the back of a works van with a few other lads for a run to the game.

The game itself was decent, thought we deserved the win overall though Caley looked good as well. Marcos was having a great time bouncing about with the 'Well fans but he was obviously enjoying himself a little too much as he was chucked out at half-time for no real apparent reason.

Anyway, walked back to the centre, few pints in the Sports Bar, the Spaniards headed off to their hostel (they stayed over), and ended up on the same train as Fritz et al on the way home - myself, Sparra and Craig managed to sneak a bottle of vodka onto the train in the guise of some Volvic so there was no sight of a dry train home. The police were a joke though, thankfully a handful of us managed a "one by one" Great Escape style departure to another carriage which was bouncing til the old bill clocked on. Some of the police officer's antics were a shambles, far worse than any football fan I spotted the whole day, and the one officer that we ended up talking too away from his colleagues seemed genuinely embarrassed what he was apart of.

But still, I'd warned Marcos and Alex before we left that if you were a football fan in Scotland you were automatically a second class citizen so he wasn't overly upset at being thrown out and he text me yesterday when he got home to say he had an outstanding day out! :blush:

Cracking day out as always, although the low points - like everyone else has mentioned - involved the police.

Train up was a good laugh. Had 12 tins taken off me at Queen Street while the old bill were building their cargo for the police Christmas party, but thankfully me and the Spaniards had pre-planned with about a dozen bottles of coke filled with vodka and Morgans. Seemed a bit pointless making the Glasgow to Perth train dry given the Perth to Inverness train blatantly wasn't.

Cracking atmosphere in the Sports Bar pre-match and good to hear that one of the toothless h**s got lamped. Somehow ended up in the back of a works van with a few other lads for a run to the game.

Anyway, walked back to the centre, few pints in the Sports Bar, the Spaniards headed off to their hostel (they stayed over), and ended up on the same train as Fritz et al on the way home - myself, Sparra and Craig managed to sneak a bottle of vodka onto the train in the guise of some Volvic so there was no sight of a dry train home. The police were a joke though, thankfully a handful of us managed a "one by one" Great Escape style departure to another carriage which was bouncing til the old bill clocked on. Some of the police officer's antics were a shambles, far worse than any football fan I spotted the whole day, and the one officer that we ended up talking too away from his colleagues seemed genuinely embarrassed what he was apart of.

Must've been on the same train, was shocked by the way we were treated. After they had taken my details for drinkin a half bottle of wine they took me away to another carriage about an hour later and said they knew people on the train were taking drugs and because I have a decent job I had to tell them what they were taking and I wouldn't get into any more trouble! The guys they were refering to weren't folk I was with just other well fans who to me genuinely only seemed drunk. Couldn't believe their cheek. As I said before, a great day out was just raging at being treated like scum on the way home.

Cops spied my MFC hat as I entered the station the back of 6pm, and searched me before I got onto my train out into Teuchter Sticks :doh:

Was actually scunnered by antics of stewards and cops at the ground. Fekk me, are you no allowed to enjoy yourself at fitba anymore. These bassas have it easy in 2010, yet they continue to pick on folk for trying to generate a bit of atmosphere while folks up the other end read their bibles.

I approached the Cops when they had detained Marcos, saying surely it's not an offence to take yer top off at a football match and do a bit of singing. They informed me it was much more serious than that, which I believed at the time .............. lieing bastards :wallbash:

Crazy day,

Anyone for Aberdeen next month???? :ph34r:

Walked into charlies to find probes and broony at the bar, probes then gives me a drunken speech about life, whilst broony seemed to be enjoying the (lack of) talent :P