Inverness - 6th November

Stuarty

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I bottled it and left with 8 minutes to go. Got down the road in good time.

I agree with Pies assessment. Caley had a few chances to score before we did including Foran at the back post when Saunders slipped.

Thereafter we were by far the superior side, scored 2 and should have scored 5 or 6. And then what happens... :D Good goal by Caley and Duff will NEVER score a better struck goal in his puff.

For once not sure the criticism of defensive play (after 2 golas up) is just. We were 2-0 up and going for the jugular. It is inevitable that after they scored they would pour forward.

As for the other comment re Humps. I thought he was IMMENSE for us today. Make no mistake if he was playing for Hibs he would be sold for £4m+, we will probably settle for £75k. At least 4 times today crosses were overhit and yet he still got to them, when any other player bar Usain Bolt would not.

A solid performance - at times we were streets ahead of Caley. Just wish we could get our home form sorted.

Well done to the away support who sang all match long.

Not had a chance to post for a few days so I'm really delighted to come on to say well done to the team for a fantastic victory. After last week it wouldve been easy to have gone to Inverness and lose the game.

But the lads dug in and gave a great performance. Hopefully they can get another 4 points at least over the next 2 games this week. 7 points from 3 potentially dodgy games would be excellent.

Onwards and upwards :D

CMON THE WELL!!!

Was there scrapping at Deenos? I was heading from the 147 to the Phoenix at 2 n saw a couple plod taking notes off some boy wi a shiner.

As for the game, pretty even start but once we went ahead there was only 1 winner. Thought Stevie Hammell and Craggs kept Caleys best players (Rooney + Hayes) very quiet, something echoed by a lot of guys in the main stand bar after the game! Big Randolph was as solid as usual wi a great block in the first half and superb handling when the pressure was on. Humph tore their left back a new arsehole and Jennings was the best player on the park by a country mile! we need him signed up to a new deal asap!

Was there scrapping at Deenos? I was heading from the 147 to the Phoenix at 2 n saw a couple plod taking notes off some boy wi a shiner.

As for the game, pretty even start but once we went ahead there was only 1 winner. Thought Stevie Hammell and Craggs kept Caleys best players (Rooney + Hayes) very quiet, something echoed by a lot of guys in the main stand bar after the game! Big Randolph was as solid as usual wi a great block in the first half and superb handling when the pressure was on. Humph tore their left back a new arsehole and Jennings was the best player on the park by a country mile! we need him signed up to a new deal asap!

Agreed but he will be off in January or May at the very latest. Stint in the the Championship awaits.

Enjoyed my first trip to Inverness yesterday. Nice wee stadium and easy to find. Stayed the night in the Premier Inn just off the A9 so wasn't out near the city centre. Had a nice stay with a few pints to celebrate last night! Only long bit of the weekend was the looong journey down the A9 today, sometimes you feel like you have been on that road for hours and hours.

Thought overall we played some good stuff and were the best team in the first half and then in the second half Caley scored and pushed for a second, gladly we managed to hold on for all three points. Overall a great three points and another away win!!!

Lets hope we can get another three on Wednesday.

As for the other comment re Humps. I thought he was IMMENSE for us today. Make no mistake if he was playing for Hibs he would be sold for £4m+, we will probably settle for £75k. At least 4 times today crosses were overhit and yet he still got to them, when any other player bar Usain Bolt would not.

Well said that man, read a thread earlier which said Humphrey was poor.... sorry he must of been watching another match.... Great team performance with individual mentions for Humphrey and Jennoe.....

Great day out yesterday. stayed over night at travelodge. Some meal you get in the snow goose. the other 5 went out in the town at night but i could not be bothered so stayed in the hotel room and watched match of the day. Still dont know how we never won that by more than 1 goal. Bring on Wednesday night altho i wont be there i am working.

Well said that man, read a thread earlier which said Humphrey was poor.... sorry he must of been watching another match.... Great team performance with individual mentions for Humphrey and Jennoe.....

Read this a few times over the last day or so. Whilst I firmly rate Humphrey and I think he's a class act, I thought he was really poor yesterday. His touch was terrible, kept giving the ball away or putting it out of play. Fair play to him though he got the better of the Caley left back a few times, but overall I thought he was poor. Still think he's a great player though.

The exact same could've been said for Blackman IMO.

Fab win and time had in the Highlands. Me n ma Mrs drove up friday night stayed till sunday and enjoyed another fine away win. By feck it was squeeky bum time last 10 or so in a game we should've had well sewn up but a win is a win. Only downside is Charlton gubbed ma coupon for £236. That would've paid for the trip. AAARGH!!! ;):thumbup: