Best Ever Spl Start

CoF

Think I'm right in saying this - yesterdays victory has made it our best ever SPL start by 1 point (we had 16 after 11 games during McGhees first year, 18 last year). ;)

It's been a good few years for the club so I hope folk aren't blasé about that fact, especially when you think about what could be just around the corner. It's even more remarkable when you consider how far down we are in the resources pecking order.

In some ways it's also pretty exciting that we haven't been outstanding in every game and Craig Brown will be the first to admit that. Unlike McGhees first season when we played some amazing fitba, we've been winning ugly but showing glimpses of something really special. If it starts clicking the way Craig Brown seems to think it has the potential to do then we're in for a great season!

As I said, who knows what's round the corner. This season could be a fond memory when we get relegated in the 2014/15 season. :thumbup:

Interesting to note that we had only lost 1 game by this time last year.

20092010.jpg

that league looks good but we only managed to add another 3 points in the next 7 games. getting beat every so often doesn't actually bother me, it's better to get a few wins than tons of draws.

the next five matches are st j (h), hibs (a), st m (a), herts (h), killie (h). hopefully we can grab 8 or 9 points.

fuck it, why not aim for 15 as we are more than capable of beating any of those teams.

Funnily enough the one I would worry about most is Killie there, as they seem to be having a bit of a resurgence with big mixu.

no doubt.

it's a cracking wee run of fixtures for us. st johnstone have a few injuries and are on a bad run, hibs could well be outright bottom and in full on crisis by saturday, killie and hearts are our bitches and away midden park seems the ideal fixture for us.

we should be looking to win every game but 8 or 9 will leave us in a very strong position going into the tougher fixtures around xmas.

This is a fantastic opportunity for Motherwell to put some light between themselves and the followers.

Throwing in matches against Hearts and Kilmarnock (the other two form teams in the league) we have a real opportunity to go clear in third by some way.

However, it's easier said than done and wouldn't be the first time we have fallen at the feet of a great opportunity.