Inverurie - 28/1/09 - Postponed

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So would the club as you can imagine the financial implications (should we go through) from having what would be a Saturday afternoon Scottish Cup tie at Fir Park moved to a Tuesday or Wednesday night! :thumbup:

Hopefully get the game on this Monday!

So would the club as you can imagine the financial implications (should we go through) from having what would be a Saturday afternoon Scottish Cup tie at Fir Park moved to a Tuesday or Wednesday night! :thumbup:

Hopefully get the game on this Monday!

Do you know why the game was rescheduled for the 21st and not the 14th?

So much for the romance of the cup eh? :thumbup:

Those folk moaning about a couple of postponments should get a grip, this is the biggest match in Locos history, all the stuff about getting the match moved is nonsense.

Airdrie v Stranraer 1963 postponed 33 times.

Inverness Thistle v Falkirk 1979 postponed 29 times.

Those folk moaning about a couple of postponments should get a grip, this is the biggest match in Locos history, all the stuff about getting the match moved is nonsense.

Agree .................. Locos aint to blame for this, and hindsight is a wonderful thing...had the game gone ahead on the original date we'd still be trying to dry out our jeans :thumbup:

I was in the town today and cup fever has gripped them big-time. Let them have their day, they deserve it.

Gutted when I found out it had been postponed again. Shame really, but I suppose we all kinda thought it wouldn't be played tomorrow night. Hopefully we will be able to play on Monday - will they make a decision about that on the Sunday then?

Try facing a bill for several hundred pounds because your bus is constantly having to be cancelled, having to re-arrange holidays, try to fill seats because people can't go anymore having to phone and text hundreds of times, arrange tickets for ticketless fans and do 12 hours minimum a day at work. I don't think your attitude would be quite as flippant then pal.

Life's murder eh? Everyone of us knew that we were going to a pitch at the arse end of nowhere in January. We knew it was likely to be called off, so when we make arrangements to pay for stuff we know the risk. I lost £32 from a hotel last time, and it'll be the only time cos I not paying for stuff again till I'm damn sure its on. Its a bit inconvenient aye but it is their day in the spotlight and for our fans acting like the big guys demanding the game moved is cringeworthy.

I asked this question of the SFA and was told it was the date both clubs agreed , take from that what you wll

I can only guess that they thought if it was postponed on the Sat, it would most likely still be unplayable on the 1st Wed after, so they gave it another week and it still hasn't thawed out.

surely if the half decent temperatures continue we will go ahead next week.

I don't think your attitude would be quite as flippant then pal.

There is a difference between flippancy and realism.

In the past bus companies were always helpful when it came to postponments, if you are repeatedly getting charged for hires that are cancelled more than 24 hours in advance then you should be looking at getting a new bus company to take you to away matches.

I appreciate the frustration mate and was not having a go at anyone/anybody.

Who knows how long this will go on.

I dont't think anyone should be that surprised, its the middle ofjanuary and its north east scotland.

Think about it people Pittodrie is gaelic for bloddy freezing, Harlaw Park is a bit further up.

You can't bame Locos, if anything they should be praised for showing that rarest of qualities in scottish football Common Sense the Pitch inspectons were done early enough and the games called off in time to cause the absolute minimum disruption possible.

The romance of the cup will still be there on Monday or whenever we get the game played.

Because of the initial postponement we had extra time to prepare for the Utd. game so watch out Falkirk here we come.

Fair enough that this is a very big day for Locos and the romance o' the cup and all that nonsense as well..................

but people are suffering financially and have an absolute right to have a whinge about that and if that can be contained to this forum and doesnt detract from anyone's love of the club - then so be it!

I'm a contractor who wont be paid for my time off and face a 1100 mile round trip to make this game and once you tote up the travel, lost work, hotels, beer, etc., the ongoing postponement is a pain in the @rse that is costing me a fortune. SO LET ME HAVE MY MOAN!!!

Will be as happy as anyone to see this kickoff and all will be forgotten after we hump one of the old scum in the final :lol::lol:

My boss is pretty flexible about me leaving early to get to the game but I'm on holiday next week and my wife is less flexible and wouldn't look kindly on me leaving the family holiday to go to Inverurie!

As for insisting the game should be moved to Fir Park, how many times did it take for us to get our game against Celtic played last year? When it was suggested by celtic supporters that we'd had our chance and it should be moved to Parkhead we didn't exactly welcome the suggestion. It works both ways I'm afraid and we've just get to get on with it the best we can.

My boss is pretty flexible about me leaving early to get to the game but I'm on holiday next week and my wife is less flexible and wouldn't look kindly on me leaving the family holiday to go to Inverurie!

As for insisting the game should be moved to Fir Park, how many times did it take for us to get our game against Celtic played last year? When it was suggested by celtic supporters that we'd had our chance and it should be moved to Parkhead we didn't exactly welcome the suggestion. It works both ways I'm afraid and we've just get to get on with it the best we can.

I think its slightly different with league games, you want them out of the way before the split whereas a league game is ideally out of the way before the begining of the next round.

IMO not a snowballs chance in hell off this ging ahead on Monday, met office weather forecast Fridays high 3oc , Saturday high of 6o with predominatly heavy rain and -1o overnight, Sunday more rain , high of 50 overnight low -1 again, Mondays high is only 3o

Going by the last 2 games you got to figure a pitch inspection sunday rain on top of frozen pitch freezing again , you get where I'm going with this right ?

:P