Inverurie - 28/1/09 - Postponed

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the SFA or whoever it is that runs the Scottish Cup are going to allow Highland League teams into the cup then they need to show much more support to then in getting these games on.

Most of the small teams will play the games in the winter and will have little chance of getting the games on due to just having a basic pitch with no under soil heating.

The SFA should be footing a bill to help the Locos in getting this game going. What would have been their biggest ever game has turned into a complete joke and now they will suffer the most.

Once again the SFA have not thought this through - is that a suprise?

i disagree entirely. why should they move it to FP? Really irks me how some are trying to be billy bag baws' over this.

Agreed, our pitch isnt exactly a bowling green either. Some folk sounding as bad as followers of the old squirm.

Not being "billy big baws" - just want to the game played so we can properly plan training etc. I'm sure plans were changed today before the game was even called off, now it looks like we'll have to change the plan for Wednesday and no doubt Tuesday. Are you happy with that when we're trying to get up the table!?

I don't agree , when we have games called off even our own supporters want the club punished.

Why should wee Loco's get the sympathy vote , this is a complete and utter joke and something has to be done about it.

Different competition. The SPL elite have different rules and requirements to the minnows who play in the Cup (which has recently been broadened further to include junior teams)

Different competition. The SPL elite have different rules and requirements to the minnows who play in the Cup (which has recently been broadened further to include junior teams)

See at far at that goes , should the SFA not be doing more to help Inverurie?

Constant postponments refelct badly on them as well.

Agreed, our pitch isnt exactly a bowling green either. Some folk sounding as bad as followers of the old squirm.

Rubbish, I'm sure every well fan would have loved for the game to be played there but the facts are they have had 3 goes, not been able to get in on and who's to say it won't be canceled again?

Enough is enough, for a cup tie if the game is canceled twice then the match should automatically revert to the other sides stadium.

Inverurie will hardly suffer. Their players will get to play in an SPL stadium, in front of a bigger crowd, their fans get a wee trip down here and Inverurie will probably make more money. Hardly suffering.

I don't think the 11 players given a starting jersey for Locos will be heading out on the park to lose. They will be gearing up to have this tie played at Harlaw Pk and to cause a huge upset. If that wasn't their aim then they might as well not have bothered entering the competition. They've been given a home tie and that is something that they'll hang onto as long as they can.

The SFA could be doing more - but then again - they probably won't as that would be setting a precedent for them to provide pitch protection everywhere and anywhere.

There's no doubt the 'well fans are suffering here - and really badly at that.

However that's the cup for ya. Special AKA et al posted way back that they didn't see this game going ahead in January and they've been proven right. We probably needed to take more heed of that at the time.

What's wrong with the player's pulling on a pair of Adidas Sambas and playing the game on the frozen pitch like they used to do in the 70's :woop:

With a MitreMouldmaster & wearing school flannels? Scores of 20+ 'cause noone wants to have the ball hit their fingers?

we are in the middle of winter,its in the highlands and has no pitch protection.it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know this game will be off on wed then it will be moved to monday night and it wont be on then either.where does this end.when will someone with half a brain step in and move this game to a fit for purpose ground.we just have to train as normal and not pay any attention to wed or monday coz it wont happen. :woop:

If the game were to be moved from their ground then I definately wouldn't want it anywhere near Fir Park, cos I wouldn't trust that our pitch would be fit either!

Aye... judging by the state of it on Saturday, the last thing FP needs right now is more games.

i disagree entirely. why should they move it to FP? Really irks me how some are trying to be billy bag baws' over this.

Totally entitled to your opinion mate but while you're defending the honour of the "wee team" this bloody tie is not getting played. What would you propose? Maybe wait till March when the pitch up there finally thawes out. This is nothing to do with being "billy big baws". I just want this joke of a match out of the road ASAP.

Feel for all the guys who keep arranging holidays from work then having to cancel them again. I'm sure their respective employers are only to happy to repeatedly make allowances for them??!

Get down off your high horse and look at this in a practical manner :woop:

This kinda answers some of the points being raised, in summary, Wednesday looks a gonner already, they'll try Monday, Wednesday and then next Saturday (5th round day) and only as a last resort will they look at shifting it.

From the BBC.....

Cup tie hit by third postponement

_45412676_inverurie_pitch_bbc_226.jpg Inverurie's Harlaw Park pitch was deemed frozen and unplayable Inverurie Locos will not be forced to move their Scottish Cup tie against Motherwell from Harlaw Park despite it being postponed for a third time.

The pitch was ruled frozen and unplayable after a 0900 GMT inspection on Monday and the teams will now attempt to play on Wednesday evening.

Club officials are not optimistic ahead of a 1400 GMT inspection on Tuesday.

A Scottish FA spokesman said: "There is no cut-off point in the regulations as such - no finite attempts allowed."

The winners of the fourth-round tie, which was first set for Saturday 10 January and has a 1945 GMT kick-off on Wednesday, will have a home match against St Mirren in the next round of the competition.

There are two other provisional dates set aside before the game between the Highland League hosts and their Scottish Premier League visitors clashes with the fifth-round weekend of 7 and 8 February.

"There will be an attempt to play the game on Wednesday night," said the SFA spokesman.

"If that is not successful then we move to the following Monday and then the Wednesday.

"If it has still not taken place by then, it will be played on the Saturday of the fifth round.

"There was a precedent last year when Rangers played a round behind because they had a back-log of fixtures, so that is not a problem.

"We will be speaking to the two clubs today. But, only if it gets to the stage where it looks like we will never get the game played, will we step in.

"But we are nowhere near that point yet."