You're Gonna Hate Me For This

Taff

The thing is on Continental Europe when they use flares there is already an intimidating atmosphere! It also looks impressive.

Sorry 15-20 kids at Fir Park with a flare... well looks like 15-20 kids with a flare!

True that. I might be wrong but I think the make-up of the crowds are very different too. I get the impression the majority of the crowds over there are young guys who are happy to lose half their faces in the name of futbol.

The thing is on Continental Europe when they use flares there is already an intimidating atmosphere! It also looks impressive.

Sorry 15-20 kids at Fir Park with a flare... well looks like 15-20 kids with a flare!

I agree it just looks a bit pathetic, if we can get a full house at FP create an intimidating atmosphere first then fill yer boots.

will this mean you could sing your way through the tune styles to get into the east stand in stead of paying?

or will there be a kind of x factor audition in the off season to see who get a seat in the east stand?

I agree it just looks a bit pathetic, if we can get a full house at FP create an intimidating atmosphere first then fill yer boots.

Don't need to fill Fir Park. Just a stand. Best way to do that at Fir Park is to bin two of the stands, sadly the way Fir Park is built that would be the East and Main, which would leave the Stadium void of any rival atmosphere (we'd be in the South, the away fans in the Cooper...)

I honestly think that anyone who isn't willing to sing/chant and help create a atmosphere should shuffle off to the main stand and leave the east to those of us who are willing to create a atmosphere.

If everyone in the east stand is singing/chanting in unison, clapping,jumping etc every game the players will respond.

I Also i believe if fir park had a better atmosphere the attendances would grow.

Id much rather be watching st mirren on a wednesday being involved in a great atmosphere than sat there feeling lik[

I bet many people who moan about the atmosphere don't join in. They think its up to others.

If you truly love our club show it through song and get involved.

Far to many people sit there and moan in my opinion.

going a bit far

check youtube for fc united of manchester to see how to support a team

Many of you will be too young to remember/fully appreciate but pre 1991 everyone had their vantage point at Fir Park. You chose where to stand, (or sit), and view the game and how to support the team. Then the seats went in and the Shed, with its choir of singing and atmosphere generating fans, was gone. Sadly MFC did not give thought to this at the time and have failed to do so ever since.

Hopefully our new home, whenever/wherever that may be will take this issue into consideration.

The man from Wales has a point IMHO.

Many of you will be too young to remember/fully appreciate but pre 1991 everyone had their vantage point at Fir Park. You chose where to stand, (or sit), and view the game and how to support the team. Then the seats went in and the Shed, with its choir of singing and atmosphere generating fans, was gone. Sadly MFC did not give thought to this at the time and have failed to do so ever since.

Hopefully our new home, whenever/wherever that may be will take this issue into consideration.

A new Fir Park? Where?

I too remember that time when you could stand anywhere at Fir Park and the choir was in full voice...and the pies were good in the 70's

Absolutely spot on, when I went to a game with my dad it was the enclosure under the main stand but I absolutely itched to be in the shed. I could see that was where all the fun was. When I started going by myself I headed for the shed and I was right that's where the laughs and the banter was best. The problem now is you cant just walk into Fir Park and go where you want it's all season tickets and the guys that want to do the singing and dancing are spread all over the place. Maybe next season the club should look to establish a spot for those that want to involve themselves in that sort of thing and reserve the season tickets specifically for them.

I shouldn't think that would be too difficult.

Absolutely spot on, when I went to a game with my dad it was the enclosure under the main stand but I absolutely itched to be in the shed. I could see that was where all the fun was. When I started going by myself I headed for the shed and I was right that's where the laughs and the banter was best. The problem now is you cant just walk into Fir Park and go where you want it's all season tickets and the guys that want to do the singing and dancing are spread all over the place. Maybe next season the club should look to establish a spot for those that want to involve themselves in that sort of thing and reserve the season tickets specifically for them.

I shouldn't think that would be too difficult.

Well said have a :huh:

I honestly think that anyone who isn't willing to sing/chant and help create a atmosphere should shuffle off to the main stand and leave the east to those of us who are willing to create a atmosphere.

If everyone in the east stand is singing/chanting in unison, clapping,jumping etc every game the players will respond.

I Also i believe if fir park had a better atmosphere the attendances would grow.

Id much rather be watching st mirren on a wednesday being involved in a great atmosphere than sat there feeling like im in a library.

I bet many people who moan about the atmosphere don't join in. They think its up to others.

If you truly love our club show it through song and get involved.

Far to many people sit there and moan in my opinion.

Personally I cannot stand all the singing and pish that goes on in the East Stand. Support your team anyway you want, I pay my money I'm entitled to cheer and moan as much or as little as I want.

Sums it up for me.

And me. Totally fed of of people trying to tell you how to act at games. I'm sorry but I don't go and watch Motherwell to create an atmosphere - I go to watch Motherwell play!

It's laughable that you want to move the folk that dont sing to the east stand to the main stand - there wouldnt be enough room and only about 20 folk left in the east! The folk that try and create an atmosphere during the game are a wee bunch of boys at the end of it - a minority! Move them instead! :ph34r:

Seriously, you cant say if the atmosphere was better the attendances would grow - people simply dont have the money regardless of atmosphere! Or even want to go to the games at all.

If youd rather go and watch st mirren then you cant be much of fan - i wouldnt watch anyone over motherwell! Having said that, all this atmosphere crap just brings up the "im a better fan than you" pish which does my head in. I only mentioned the above because you said youd rather watch st mirren over motherwell - Why? Your a motherwell fan!

And me. Totally fed of of people trying to tell you how to act at games. I'm sorry but I don't go and watch Motherwell to create an atmosphere - I go to watch Motherwell play!

It's laughable that you want to move the folk that dont sing to the east stand to the main stand - there wouldnt be enough room and only about 20 folk left in the east! The folk that try and create an atmosphere during the game are a wee bunch of boys at the end of it - a minority! Move them instead! :ph34r:

Seriously, you cant say if the atmosphere was better the attendances would grow - people simply dont have the money regardless of atmosphere! Or even want to go to the games at all.

If youd rather go and watch st mirren then you cant be much of fan - i wouldnt watch anyone over motherwell! Having said that, all this atmosphere crap just brings up the "im a better fan than you" pish which does my head in. I only mentioned the above because you said youd rather watch st mirren over motherwell - Why? Your a motherwell fan!

Totally agree, the atmosphere at Fir park is okay, its Motherwell not Milan or Barcelona

I found this on the BBC 606 Blog

I went to fir park with my kid on saturday and the language in the davie cooper stand was attrocious. (section of it) Then a lout was threatening this old guy cause he didnt move sufficiently enough to let him past. This happened a few times during the game - felt a bit sorry for the old guy.

In relation to the language, a brave father turned round to the culprits and asked them to tow the line cause of his kids and they just said f cuk off to the family stand. these guys were in their late 30s.

The stewards stay down at the bottom of the stand and do hee haw. Have to admit the security do more moving over at the east stand.

Its the first time i ever witnessed this kind of behaviour in scotland. I think ill stick to the east stand in future.

Guess it shows that you dont really get an atmosphere in the coop either, well apart from abuse