Referee's To Go On Strike

delboy

Fuck the refs!!

They're trying to hold the game to randsom and some people seem to be missing a few important points. Firstly, the standard of referees in Scotland is crap and secondly, they demand respect from managers players and supporters yet the majority of them have an aire of arrogance and distain for the lot of us.

To question their integrity is wrong and Celtic should be hammered for it but calling supporters SCABS for not blindly backing the refs actions is plain stupid. When BA cabin crew decided, in the midst of a recession, that they wanted more money / better conditions was everyone who had holidays or business trips planned expected to cancel purely to back a cause they may or may not have believed in? No chance. If your flight was still on, you went.

Our duty is to support Motherwell. Not these inept goons who have been giving us the shaft for as long as I can remember.

Think you'll find they were fighting against cuts and dedregation of their working conditions not demanding more money, so even if you still think they have it cushy or whatever at least be truthful about it.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, expect another twist in this.

I didn't catch the initial interview tonight but Chic Young was getting pelters on the radio for asking one of the Israeli refs we've drafted in whether or not he knew why the ref's were striking, to which he replied no.

Chick Young was virtually trying to talk the Israeli boy from sending his referees over to 'break the strike'. A silly wee cvnt of a man.

The journalists will be loving all this fucking nonsense as dickheads like me keep listening to their radio shows and buying their papers to see if we have a game this weekend.

That'll help! No football in Scotland for at least a few years and probably at every level.

Ah your right sorry. We should just keep paying good money to watch substandered shite week in week out and let the men in blazers run the game into the ground.

The Scottish OXO SPL

The laughing stock since 26.11.10

Sorry cambo97 what was I thinking?? :ph34r:

Chick Young was virtually trying to talk the Israeli boy from sending his referees over to 'break the strike'. A silly wee cvnt of a man.

The journalists will be loving all this fucking nonsense as dickheads like me keep listening to their radio shows and buying their papers to see if we have a game this weekend.

Nothing wrong with what Chick Young did. All he is doing is showing how useless the SFA are and how silly this whole affair has become.

I very much doubt there will be any games on this weekend now. Its a shame, but when Refs are getting death threats to their family due to constant media coverage and a certain 'club' lets call them Celtic continuing with their constant assualt on the refs integrity.

Lennon should be given a huge touchline ban for his antics at Tynecastle and Celtic should be fined for their comments about Dougie McDonald and to wrap it all up McDonald should resign along with Hugh Dallas.

That would sort this all out I would think.

Does the SPL rulebook not state that clubs have to be informed of the officials 48 hours before the game? Giving them....2 hours for the Motherwell game?

A 2 hour game of Guess Who (is the bas*ard in the black)

Does he have glasses? Dark hair? Does he give a shit about the fans or the clubs?

Fair do's. The quality of the referees is subjective but how many times have you been at Ibrox, Parkhead or even Tynecastle and watched referees bow to pressure from the stands to give poor decisions against us (and no doubt the other provincial clubs)? I wouldn't say they are corrupt. Just shite at their job.

It appears to me that the referees are demanding absolutely no criticism no matter how poorly they perform. If a ref makes a terrible call against us I will make my opinion known there and then. No sane person condones doing it in the street or targetting families of officials but all this "respect" stuff is a two way street. Better, more approachable referees who can justify their decisions would get far less stick than the dismissive, unaccountable halfwits we are forced to put up with at the moment.

:ph34r:

As the situation stands, there were 7 games guaranteed to go ahead this weekend.

The 6 SPL + The Alba Cup.

Of which the Poles were going to officiate 3 of them i.e 3 x 4-person teams = 12 officials.

If they have withdrawn and the Portuguese and Israeli's remain in place.

Then 4 matches will still go ahead.

In order of priority for the SPL/SFA - then the Rangers/Celtic games will be certainties to go ahead, as would ours as they wont want to harm any relationship with Sky/ESPN. And they would throw in the Cup Final as the easy extra game.

Surely this would make sense if no alternate cover can be seeked.

However, the Polish reason of "they are now required for domestic games" - how the fuck could they not figure that out last night when agreeing to send them over. Ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with what Chick Young did. All he is doing is showing how useless the SFA are and how silly this whole affair has become.

The wee baldy bastard was stirring it unnecessarily, the SFA had managed to source referees to ensure all SPL games would go ahead and that idiot was trying his hardest to fuck them up.

As the situation stands, there were 7 games guaranteed to go ahead this weekend.

The 6 SPL + The Alba Cup.

Of which the Poles were going to officiate 3 of them i.e 3 x 4-person teams = 12 officials.

If they have withdrawn and the Portuguese and Israeli's remain in place.

Then 4 matches will still go ahead.

In order of priority for the SPL/SFA - then the Rangers/Celtic games will be certainties to go ahead, as would ours as they wont want to harm any relationship with Sky/ESPN. And they would throw in the Cup Final as the easy extra game.

Surely this would make sense if no alternate cover can be seeked.

However, the Polish reason of "they are now required for domestic games" - how the fuck could they not figure that out last night when agreeing to send them over. Ridiculous.

I always thought when it came to Scottish Football it was always Scottish Cup > Anything else. That's why if you have replays or later round matches SPL games will be postponed. Although I can see games like Beath v Airdrie United being off due to weather.

Falkirk v Morton has now been postponed.

I'm washing my hair........

Cant get a babysitter.......

Needed for domestic games........

Friday after 12 o'clock n the fans are in doubt again on travel and if we even have a game, crazy game that is Scottish fitba. If it wasn't for the face that some peoples jobs depend on this it would be funny. If I were here and this was in any other country I'd be pissing myself at the shambles this has turned into but yet again it's in Scotland and it's us that have to live with it. RED NECK MAN :ph34r:

I though the 'exchange programme' post made earlier was a joke!

But it's no' :rolleyes:

Polish referees thought they were on Scottish exchange programme

The 12 officials were unaware Scottish referees were on strike, pulling out on Friday when they learned the facts.

STV understands the 12 Polish officials who have now abandoned plans to take charge of Scottish football matches this weekend were originally told they were travelling as part of a referee exchange programme between the two nations.

Marcin Borski, Pawel Gil and Hubert Siejewicz, together with six assistants and three fourth officials, all decided to cancel their plans to referee three of 11 fixtures scheduled when they learned they were instead needed to cover an ongoing strike.

There is no suggestion the Scottish Football Association were responsible for telling the officials an incorrect version of events. At this stage, it is unclear why the 12 were led to believe they would be coming to the UK under a similar agreement to the one their country already has in place with Japan.

Gil, Borski and Siejewicz were down to cover a game each this weekend, with six games in the SPL, three in the Scottish Cup, one in the First Division and the ALBA Challenge Cup final to fulfil.

In a statement to STV on Friday morning, the Polish FA claimed that their referees were no longer being sent to Scotland because they were required for their own domestic fixtures.

However, a list of the appointments to eight Polish top flight fixtures this weekend shows that none of the three have been assigned games.

"We will not be sending our referees to Scotland tomorrow because they are needed for our domestic games,” the Polish FA told STV.

"We did confirm to the SFA yesterday that we would be sending a team of 12 officials but that is no longer the case. Our domestic games take place today [Friday], tomorrow [saturday] and Sunday."

When asked by STV why the situation had changed so abruptly and whether or not it was a decision of the Polish FA or the referees themselves, the spokesperson declined to make further comment