Referee's To Go On Strike

delboy

From the article

"Finally, I find it staggering that Mr Gannon did not feel compelled to open two letters from the Scottish FA before conducting his latest media conference."

Take off your claret and amber glasses, they are clearly interfering with your ability to read.

You are Steven Craigan & Keith lasley's love child and I claim my £5

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you actually read what Dallas said in that interview? It supports Gannon's claims that his correspondence (or, at least, a significant portion of his correspondence) was ignored. Dallas just passes the blame onto the Post Office delivering it late - no wonder he switched to email, eh?

gannon later admitted that the letters were lying unopened in his desk. he was talking complete pish probably 50% inspired by the fact he's an attention seeking sociopath and 50% attempting to concoct an exit strategy out of fir park.

he was a world class mope and would no doubt have been staging a joint dirty protest with neil lennon against the establishment right now if he was still up here rather than....

... what's he up to again these days?

richard dawkins has come out in support of hugh dallas :thumbup:

Thanks to scotsman2010 for the links

Hugh Dallas, head of referee development for the Scottish Football Association has been sacked because he passed on, by eMail, a joke about the pope. His dismissal was called for by a spokesman for the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland. This nasty little weasel is called Peter Kearney, Director of the Scottish Catholic Media Office. His details, in case you feel like sending him a message, are as follows:

Peter Kearney, Director, Scottish Catholic Media Office, St George's Buildings, 5 St Vincent Place, Glasgow G1 2DH

eMail: mail@scmo.org

Similarly, the Chief Executive of the Scottish Football Association, responsible for this craven giving-in to Catholic censorship is Stewart Regan. The address of this coward is Scottish Football Association, Hampden Park, Glasgow G42 9AY

eMail info@scottishfa.co.uk

It would seem, from the YouTube video posted here, that the joke concerned is the one that heads this page, warning children of the approach of the pope. The caption was censored, but it isn't difficult to find the original. It is at http://www.hollow-hill.com/sabina/images/caution-pope.jpg

My suggestion is that we should do our best to make this joke go viral, beginning by sending hundreds of copies of it to these two addresses:

mail@scmo.org

info@scottishfa.co.uk

But there are probably funnier jokes along the same lines, and I would encourage you to send as many as you can find.

Richard

funny how the only people with a half decent perspective on this in the media - rod liddle, tom english and now dawkins - aren't scottish. obviously they don't have to live in fear of being hounded by the likes of kearney and having their windows tanned by sellick fans.

it's quite funny how far this has spread. it would make for a belter of an episode of south park.

From the article

"Finally, I find it staggering that Mr Gannon did not feel compelled to open two letters from the Scottish FA before conducting his latest media conference."

Take off your claret and amber glasses, they are clearly interfering with your ability to read.

You certainly didn't manage to read what I wrote. I was parsing the article, not giving an assessment on Gannon's veracity.

Stuart Dougal has nothing to do with it. Jim Gannon went on the radio and called Hugh Dallas a liar. He said that he had gotten no reply and that gave him the right to spout drivel to the press when the letter was sitting in his mail. He commented on decisions that had nothing to do with MFC and went on a tirade against the full refereeing system.

If you can't see why that approach is counter productive and bringing the game into disrepute I feel sorry for you.

I simply agreed with the previous post and then gave an additional example to why i don't support scottish referees. If you check, you'll find you linked my story with Dougal to Jim Gannon(even though my incident was under the Craig Brown era).

When a former high-ranking referee(i believe he retired in May 2009) comes oot wi shite like he did, then it doesn't say much for them.

You certainly didn't manage to read what I wrote. I was parsing the article, not giving an assessment on Gannon's veracity.

You stated Gannon was ignored or passed over by Dallas when in fact letters had been sent and were not opened by Jim Gannon. Gannon had no right to call Dallas' integrity into question and say that he had received no response.

I simply agreed with the previous post and then gave an additional example to why i don't support scottish referees. If you check, you'll find you linked my story with Dougal to Jim Gannon(even though my incident was under the Craig Brown era).

When a former high-ranking referee(i believe he retired in May 2009) comes oot wi shite like he did, then it doesn't say much for them.

Apologies for that. It was amazing that Dougal blamed Forbes but with referees being under constant criticism and no right of reply Dougal has become a proxy to try and justify decisions or at least try to explain why an official made a blunder. That is a different issue although and just because Dougal wrote some pish in a newspaper doesn't mean he was a bad ref or lacking integrity.

Stuart Dougal's comments in his article following Forbes' goal against the h**s for me, sums up why I have no support for Scottish referees.

He defended the linesman involved by saying it was the player's fault for making the linesman make a call.

Despite being clearly several yards onside, he blamed the player for making sure the goal was scored(even though Craigan's effort could have hit the post or even went by).

This.

Dougalls comments regarding Ross Forbes goal were unbelievable. I can only conclude from them that he is a blinkered arsehole of the highest order.

This.

Dougalls comments regarding Ross Forbes goal were unbelievable. I can only conclude from them that he is a blinkered arsehole of the highest order.

Like most of his colleagues then? Gannon was 100% right about their refereeing standards, and still is, Dallas merely tried to deflect away from the issue by going on about the unopened letters.

Taking the "popegate" e-mail thing aside, Hugh Dallas will be a loss to Scottish football and the SFA. He was one of our better refs and is highly regarded by UEFA/ FIFA. The SFA have dealt with this issue very badly, we have enough problems with refs without forcing some to retire and sacking others.

But that said change was needed the referrees were accountable to nobody, so they have done what they liked for years, so if the result of all this is a restructured SFA, better refereeing standards and a better dialouge between clubs and match officials then i welcome it.

However the first thing the new kick ass SFA should do is deal with Lennon, Reid and Hooper at Celtic, set an example and get some of their authority and respect back

Taking the "popegate" e-mail thing aside, Hugh Dallas will be a loss to Scottish football and the SFA. He was one of our better refs and is highly regarded by UEFA/ FIFA. The SFA have dealt with this issue very badly, we have enough problems with refs without forcing some to retire and sacking others.But that said change was needed the referrees were accountable to nobody, so they have done what they liked for years, so if the result of all this is a restructured SFA, better refereeing standards and a better dialouge between clubs and match officials then i welcome it.

However the first thing the new kick ass SFA should do is deal with Lennon, Reid and Hooper at Celtic, set an example and get some of their authority and respect back

Hugh Dallas's first task when he took up the post was to force some referees to retire

This whole scandal is just depressing beyond belief and is symptomatic of the disease that is eating away at the game.

We're second class citizens in world football due to the OF cncer and all its associated symptoms.

Our fitbas pish and everything about our administration is pish. Our media are pish and the vast majority of those tainted OF fans are pish

The press / news / radio take great delight in providing opportunity for pontificating & covering this type of shite.

yet day in day out through the innuendo on their programmes, articles, phone ins etc perpetuate the whole situation.

Everyone is a supporter of one half of the old firm - even if you're not - that's just a front to cover what half of the OF you really support.

Every second news article has some subversive sectarian tinged sub plot

Everyone has some OF related agenda

The non OF teams are secretly affiliated to one half of the OF and lie down to one half while trying like fuck against the other.

All refs are affiliated to one half of the OF and that's how they base their decisions.

They scare the fuck out of the SFA

The sooner these two fuck off elsewhere the sooner our game can concentrate on the future of scottish football and the decent clubs that make up the game here.