Cup Penalties

Yoshi-1991

On the subject of missed pens, Murphy's against Odense was really hard to take. I was convinced with a few minutes to go and they had 9 men we'd go on and beat them if we scored it. Was unbelievably gutted when he missed.

My thoughts as well took me a few days to get over that :thumbup:

Even now the thought of Murphys penalty miss gives me a sick feeling in my stomach! We do have a habit of missing vital pens tho! Rangers at home, Accies twice in a year and of course Odense and Hibs at home in the 6-6! All Pens that could get us results! Time to practice Mr Brown!

I know. We do seem to have a history of missing pens! I wonder if they do actually practice penalties during training? The only player i really feel confident in taking a penalty is Blackman.

why not hammell?? sure left pegger in the back of the net every time,since hatleys miss I have been saying he should be our penalty taker. Our penalties have been poor all season,might as well let him have a go.

interesting to see not a lot of people have faith in sutton hitting penalties.

Did Motherwell not go on the longest run of successfully converted penalties a few years back? Shaun McSkimming, Stuart Elliott, Richie Foran amongst others. I think that it was our hero Faddy that broke the sequence.

I think the only time I've seen Motherwell in a penalty shoot out was against Alloa and we lost it so going by our recent record at taking penalties I'd just go home!

For the record I was still at school the year we won the cup and I wasn't allowed to go to midweek matches, so no Morton match, missed the Celtic replay as well.