Motherwell V Hearts 28/11/10

postiejim

If they were required to police them every time they opened for business like they are football stadia, they probably would.
If the police had said that, perhaps. But if the reason they put off the game was because the surrounding roads weren't safe, then presumably they are just as dangerous if you drive to The Fort as to Fir Park.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many people get lifted going to matches at fir park compared to the mega bar?

there'll be at least as many cops in glasgow city centre on a saturday night as there is at ibrox and parkhead and they'll be far busier.

I work in a club(not mega bar) however I've not seen anybody get lifted at the mega bar. I've seen the police in the club I work in dealing with incedents twice in 4 months(at least 4 shifts a week btw). You can't really compare a sporting event to a night club that's dealing with drunk folk, who can get out of hand. However lie dunk folk football fans have a similar reputation. The police at the football are more as a precaution incase thing seriously kick off, rather than their role on a saturday night which is to deal with crimes that have occured as opposed to those that might. A well run club with good doorstaff will hardly see the police.

they don't shut night clubs when it snows and they require a lot more policing than football matches.
>

isn't it something like 1 police Officer ; 100 Fans at football matches, so at Firpark they'd have 80/90 police officers there for 2 hours a week. Do you think the government would fork out the cash for 100+ police officers at a night club every night for 8 hours at a time????? NO. they only have 2 or 3 at a night club at most really.