Scott Leitch

postiejim

Ooooooooooh sounds like some inside info.

Polomint Dosser indicated on the McGoo thread that the situation with him wasn't as clean cut as we're giving him stick for.

I can accept that that was probably true

However he's got a gid scotch tongue in his heid - let's hope if he makes his way back he can find it this time round.

Because regardless of the reality of his departure us fickle football fans will fill in the gaps in the info unless someone puts us straight.

Regarding Leitch, can't see any action myself. Scottish football is in a mess and any organisation has to justify every position/role. 

And, for the first time ever, I've agreed with a Chick Young blog. It is relevant to the discussion. (Still think he could masturbate for the nation, however).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...rem/9247843.stm

Why employ Leitch? May as well employ Valakari, in my opinion.

I'm old enough to think that modern 'famous' = 'well known' and 'well known' = 'has Twitter account', so we'd be crazy to employ Leitch on any terms. Besides, he's probably got a few months wages in the bank.

My opinion: Leitch=Lasley= overrated.

Each to their own; mai wen ti!

SD

Why would we give Leitch a job? He sunk with the bombscare and tactically inept manager called Mark McGhee. He has been found out bigtime, like we all predicted he would, good at setting out a team, unable to change it during a game, and unable to read a game.

Leitch can get tae fuck...he made his bed. Boyle was pretty much handing him the job on a plate and he took what he thought was the easy option and IMHO thank fuck he did.

leitch had his chance and pissed of for a few extra quid so he can gtf

Totally agree with both posts , Cnut deserves all he gets or disnae get as the case may be !

leitch had his chance and pissed of for a few extra quid so he can gtf

Wasn't he given like the same pay packet though as Aberdeen couldn't afford the compensation and their wages?

Like most wouldn't be happy to see him replace anyone that is here at the moment or add to the wage budget

I wouldn't put it past Boyle to offer both the chance to resume their managerial careers with Motherwell. Wee Craig can't go on forever.

I hope John Boyle has more sense than that, the two of them had a chance but f*ck*d it up big time, 1 decent season was all we got, although i think that a lot of that was due to the way the team responded to the O'Donnell situation rather that any tactical expertise from McGhee and leitch.

Brown and Knox wont be there for ever and i am sure Boyle already has idea's about replacing them when the time comes, but please not this pair of Fud's :O

I hope John Boyle has more sense than that, the two of them had a chance but f*ck*d it up big time, 1 decent season was all we got, although i think that a lot of that was due to the way the team responded to the O'Donnell situation rather that any tactical expertise from McGhee and leitch.

Except we were playing the fancy expansive football before Phil passed!

I supported McGhee when he was here, but would be dead against a re-appointment. We have moved on to bigger and better things, McGhee made it clear he destined for bigger and better clubs than Motherwell! :wallbash:

We played better football more consistently before "the O'Donnell situation" than after it. While I wasn't there to see it, from what I've heard, our performance in that Dundee Utd game was pretty much the peak not only of that season, but of the past several seasons.

I'm appreciative of McGhee's efforts with us, more so the first than second when using the word effort perhaps, but I wouldn't approve of a return.

The thing that sticks in my mind from his decision to leave was the line of thinking that he didn't have the materials nor the stomach for a rebuilding job at Motherwell.

That spoke volumes for me.

Such is the nature of our club that there will be few managers at Fir Park who won't have to build a team when they are with us.

Further to thats given the seeming lack of awareness of what exactly he had coming through the youth ranks, allied to what has proven to be an inability over the last two and a half years to operate in the transfer market at the levels we now have to as a club, make him a non-starter for me.

We played better football more consistently before "the O'Donnell situation" than after it. While I wasn't there to see it, from what I've heard, our performance in that Dundee Utd game was pretty much the peak not only of that season, but of the past several seasons.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen us play better. For an hour we were unbelievable against what was a pretty good Dundee United team on the rise, Clarkson and McCormack's goals were stunning. That season we had some cracking performances. St Mirren on the first day put down a marker, with McGarry finishing a great move, scoring 4 against Hibs in the cup, and 3 going on 7 or 8 against Aberdeen.

For me though, that ship has sailed on McGhee. I'd never go back to him and I think we're a very attractive proposition for managers, as we saw when we hired Gannon. We had some relatively well known managers applying to work for us. We're a solid and stable club, willing to put a bit of cash in when its worth it, and the opportunity, if you're good, to manage in Europe.

Don't get me wrong, I've been laughing my head off at the whole McGhee/Aberdeen situation but I don't get all the serious bitterness towards him.

OK, maybe he's a bit of a pumped up fud with a delusional opinion of his own merits and place in the footballing hierarchy but he did a great job with us.

To turn that Malpas side round, probably the worst Motherwell side I've ever seen, into probably the best Motherwell side I've seen since the mid 90's was nothing short of miraculous.

We lost some very important players and his second season wasn't as good but it was hardly a disaster, we just missed out on the Top Six, actually finished the season with more points than Hibs in the Top Six and qualified for Europe.

The guy did a great job for us and even snubbed a huge pay rise from Hearts to stay with us. A lot of this hatred of McGhee seems to me like ingratitude.