Aberdeen Site....

casey

If Brown leaves Motherwell to go to that shite I will look at life in a completely different light from here on in. Paw said he didn't need a contract as he was a Motherwell man and I believe him. If we can't trust Broon then who can we trust? Total non starter. That said, now that everyone is talking about it I am getting worried!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am no' worried, we've survived before and will again. Personally I was gutted when Gannon left and worried when Granpa' came in but he's done well with the team he inherited. McGhee has left Aberdeen with fuck all, same as he did here but Broon wid need Gannon in for a few months to find him some players before taking that job on.

Would be a certain irony if Brown left us for Aberdeen. All this time some of us, me included, have been patiently waiting for the McGhee fail......and it could bring round the loss of our manager too. Would Aberdeen offer more money, do they have better training facilities, does Brown think he can take us as far as he can? Who knows.

Leaving now would be a blow due to our position in the season but we have bounced back from something similar before andcwe could do it again.

Still don't think it will happen though.

48 hours ago I was commenting why I felt there was no chance of it happening, now while I still think its a long short I'm not as sure as I was. If he does go, it could be something as simple as he didn't feel the club supported him and Archie last week with the NLL thing that could be the straw the broke the camels back. Money isn't on the agenda at both clubs in January, we offer proximity to his house and home life, Aberdeen do command a larger support although require a lot more work to get them performing. There is also the Archie factor, I can't see him leaving him high and dry.

If he does go then this "gentlemen's agreement" stuff would mean I couldn't ever regard him in the same way ever again.

if he goes he better take gow with him!

no idea why he'd go to aberdeen but if he is then we'll just have to deal with it. it'll make the game up there a week on saturday more interesting anyway. can anyone think of any chants :whistling:

i'm not sure he will go. wee craig clearly likes a bit of attention and he might just be letting miller and milne tickle his belly before politely knocking them back.

no idea why he'd go to aberdeen but if he is then we'll just have to deal with it.
Exactly. To be honest, I was happy to see him stabilize things out last season, but I was expecting a new manager to be brought in for this campaign and, while he still doing a solid job, CB is not a long term solution. I'm sure we could find a younger (sorry Craig) boss for the longer haul if Broon decides to head north.

I would like to think he'd stay till the end of this season. I don't think he'll be wanting to commute that distance when his family are in this area. Plus why would he leave a top six side for relegation material wi fans that are never happy and directors and players that don't seem to give a toss?

Chick Young said on Radio Scotland tonight after the Rangers game that he understood Brown and Knox had been offered the jobs. He understood they come as a team and Brown was keen but Knox would need persuading. Hopefully just Young reading messageboards and noticing the bookies odds (which have probably just made him favourite on the strength of a few bets and the same messageboards).

Plus why would he leave a top six side for relegation material wi fans that are never happy and directors and players that don't seem to give a toss?

For money. Simple as that I'm afraid. Aberdeen are a bigger club than we are who could offer him not only more money but also a bigger challenge and like it or lump it, that is what footballers and managers are attracted by. Forget this "aw wee Broon's a pure gentleman, he's too loyal and too old to go away up to Aberdeen"...he is a man doing a job, plain and simple and like in any other walks of life will go where the money is.

For money. Simple as that I'm afraid. Aberdeen are a bigger club than we are who could offer him not only more money but also a bigger challenge and like it or lump it, that is what footballers and managers are attracted by. Forget this "aw wee Broon's a pure gentleman, he's too loyal and too old to go away up to Aberdeen"...he is a man doing a job, plain and simple and like in any other walks of life will go where the money is.

Money? they are £13million in debt apparently and can't afford money for new players or for compensation to other clubs.

Paw said he didn't need a contract as he was a Motherwell man and I believe him.

Wake up mate, he's not a 'Motherwell man' he's a football man who still has plenty of ambition about him. This job will interest Craig Brown I think, apart from the fact that he will gain financially, he will be taking on a massive challenge at his stage in his career, something that he has always thrived on.

It's sad I know, but football isn't about loyalty, or gentlemen's agreements and anything players or managers say about how they feel about a club they are employed by should be taken with a pinch of salt because when money starts to talk, they sit up, listen and nine times out of ten, run.

STV have also just mentioned they have been linked with the job but it is noticeable that there are no quotes from anyone on this.

I can't see the logic in Brown going to Aberdeen as I thought the Motherwell job suited him due to his Lanarkshire links, living in Prestwick and having an elderly mother living in Hamilton whom he visits regularly. Also, both Boyle and Brown have talked about how their gentlemen's agreement suits them (although we don't know the details of their agreement).

He's unlikely to have much more of a budget and have to live away from home with a lot more travelling time - does he really want that at his age?

If he does go, we'll just get on with it - players and managers come and go but the club we support remains and there'll be somebody else to cheer (or shout abuse at if that's your thing).

Also - is anyone else stunned to see all the Celtic adverts flashing up on the site? I take it we have no control on who advertises on the site.

For money. Simple as that I'm afraid. Aberdeen are a bigger club than we are who could offer him not only more money but also a bigger challenge

building a team out of langfield, diamond, considine, ifil, young, mackie and co is bordering on an impossibility.

maybe archie fancies being no.1. he apparently does the majority of the work with the players anyway.

If they go then they go nothing we can do about that. Just hope if they do go Boyle doesn't take the easy option & appoint one of those other donkeys who want the Aberdeen job. Billy Stark, John Hughes, Gus MacPherson, Billy Dodds ffs any one of them would have us fighting relegation before you could say 'that new managers pure shite so he is'. No wonder the sheep fans want Brown when they donkeys are the only other candidates.