Motherwell Poised To Extend Contracts Of Three Players

Modernist

what if the new manager doesnt rate these 3??? thats less money he has to spend on other players he might want to bring in (I'm only playin devils advocate here)

we all want blackman to stay - i think thats fair to say

and i think gow and fizzy split the fans

so i'm undecided if i think this good news or not

Hopefully Alan Gow rejects his contract and pisses off to Aberdeen with Brown. He is the football equivalent of a speed bump.

Obviously we need to keep Blackman for as long as we can.

Fitzpatrick should get another 6 months. Everyone knows he isn't the best player but we need cover in midfield. We are unlikely to find anyone better than Lasley and Jennings so we might as well stick with what we have until the summer. No point losing a player who we can easily keep and speculating that someone else on similar money might be better. I felt the same way when we let Darren Smith go, he isn't a superstar but we are short of wide midfielders.

Blackman goes without saying. However, If I'm honest I can't help but think that saying goodbye to Gow and Fitzy will free up some money that would allow the new man to bring in one or two of his own players next month. It would also add a different dimesion to the team in the New Year......especially when we face Aberdeen.

what if the new manager doesnt rate these 3??? thats less money he has to spend on other players he might want to bring in (I'm only playin devils advocate here)

I guess it depends what kind of wage they are on. I'd expect fitz is one of the lower earners and he's great back up so I'm glad he's staying. Not sure about Gow

I would love Blackman to stay but don't think we have much chance as it doesn't make any sense to his employer unless they give him a new contract. However I didn't think it would make sense for Brown to go to Aberdeen, so what do I know?

I also expect Brown has agreed funding with Milne to step in and take Gow to Aberdeen.

Hopefully Alan Gow rejects his contract and pisses off to Aberdeen with Brown. He is the football equivalent of a speed bump.

Obviously we need to keep Blackman for as long as we can.

Fitzpatrick should get another 6 months. Everyone knows he isn't the best player but we need cover in midfield. We are unlikely to find anyone better than Lasley and Jennings so we might as well stick with what we have until the summer. No point losing a player who we can easily keep and speculating that someone else on similar money might be better. I felt the same way when we let Darren Smith go, he isn't a superstar but we are short of wide midfielders.

Blackman staying is a no brainer, but i think thats a bit harsh on the other 2, Gow has the potential to be a decent player he needs an extended run in the team, he has hardly been a regular for any team recently. Fitzpatrick is not the best but if he can stay injury free he can be a solid midfielder, with him in a mid 4 with Lasley, Jennings and Humphrey we can do well.

maybe he knows the the new manager is and he has sanctioned the move who knows?

blackman should be the main priority. possibly more important than a new manager.

gow is only blocking jamie murphy's development and imo is nowhere near as good a player as jamie already is. plus he's a super jonah, every club he goes to hit the shitters. and we've been in the ridiculous situation of having six strikers in the match day squad. he should be allowed to move on.

fitzy could do a job but at the same time should we be extending the contract of someone who has only started 3 games in 18 months? halsman, meechan and innes should be given a chance to provide cover.

we need one or two players who can come in and be first team players at left mid and centre mid. to get them we need to free up wages.