Scottish Fitba

Bop

Kris - good point weel made.

It's time for the club to explain to us why they made the decision to put this forward as a proposal and back it in today's meeting.

There are different views out there - but the consensus on the supporters direct poll, on here and on other forums is that in the main the 4 x per season is a big switch off.

So Mr Boyle, Ms Dempster - justify our stance

I totally agree steve.

I think the club will get Flow on here and the poor boy will have to say stuff like

"financially it helps the club and makes the league more competitive"

"The prospect of 2 leagues of 10 will improve the standard of football"

We all know it's a lie, im happy with a 14 or 16 at a push some of the division teams could come into the SPL and be beneficial and say we promote 2-4 teams up all you would need to do is offer places for junior teams.

Now when Annan applied so did Spartans,Pollok,Dundee Violet,Bathgate Thistle

so their are juniors who can step up.

The decisions that the SFA will make are not beneficial in the long term it's a quick fix to help the big 2 then in 8=10 years when we complain they will go to 12.

In fact i might put money on that

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kris - good point weel made.

It's time for the club to explain to us why they made the decision to put this forward as a proposal and back it in today's meeting.

There are different views out there - but the consensus on the supporters direct poll, on here and on other forums is that in the main the 4 x per season is a big switch off.

So Mr Boyle, Ms Dempster - justify our stance

Very good idea and worthy of an official statement from someone at the top if we really are the community club we claim we are!!

A statement is meaningless. All it will say is that the board considered all the options and, as a club that operates on small margins, concluded that the most viable financial option was to operate in a 10 team SPL.

That's true,

The truth is we can sit and moan and complain (which i have been doing as well) but every club in this shit league want as much money as possible and how do you get money? by playing the old firm.

I told my mates the other day and got some weird looks but i dont really get excited about seeing us play Rangers or Celtic if i didnt have my season ticket i wouldn't go to the games. I would rather see us play Ross County, or Partick teams who have a lot of good young scottish boys playing i would rather watch that that the united nations at celtic or the Miller show at Rangers.

I would like to know why our club has made this decision but i highly doubt they will tell us

A statement is meaningless. All it will say is that the board considered all the options and, as a club that operates on small margins, concluded that the most viable financial option was to operate in a 10 team SPL.

Agree weeyin - I'd be good for them to admit they are a plc and not a community club though.

False advertising and all that

Sorry weeyin but why say a statement is meaningless and then go on to make "the statement" that you want to hear from the club!!

Sometimes wonder why bother posting on here!

Sorry weeyin but why say a statement is meaningless and then go on to make "the statement" that you want to hear from the club!!

Sometimes wonder why bother posting on here!

I have no idea what you mean, but to clarify what I thought was a pretty coherent point: The posters who were clamouring for a statement from the club won't be given any new information, details or insight into why the fans weren't consulted. Any statement from the club is unlikely to address the questions they would like answered.

I have no idea what you mean, but to clarify what I thought was a pretty coherent point: The posters who were clamouring for a statement from the club won't be given any new information, details or insight into why the fans weren't consulted. Any statement from the club is unlikely to address the questions they would like answered.

Now you have made it coherent, I fully agree and even if they made a statement similar to what you originally said then I would be happy to hear that. I have no problem with the club saying we chose this option for purely business reasons but we could also ask then that they drop the community club façade!!

16 team league would mean a loss of £1m per year for each team outside the OF. Would also financially protect relegated teams. Play Offs would add drama, excitement to teams from 5th place (going for Europe) all the way down to 10th.

He is taking a shooing from the pundits and fans texting in.

The baw is well and truly on the slates with Scottish fitba and even Motherwell. My interest is at an all time low, to the point where I don't give a fuck anymore. I won't be at another away game this season due to the prices, stewards attitudes and the general shiteness that it is seeing the baw getting blootered in the air with ever pass. I have a season ticket, but I'm only going if there's hee haw else to do. When I think of the sacrafices I've made over the years to follow Motherwell through thin and thinner...those days are gone.

My lack of interest really picked up pace with the penalty incident at Tannadice earlier in the season and the subsequent disgraceful behaviour of Celtic and the fact that the story appeared every day for weeks until incredibly they got their way.

Their non punishment over comments made by Lennon, Reid, Hooper and non banning of the "Bloostianed" banner scum.

The referees having the audacity of the refs to go on strike due to the criticism they receive (rightly so) only for us to witness the most inept refereering performnce in years v Hearts and incredibly a betting scam emerges about Jennings and nothing else from that game. The wee wank of a linesman who disallowed Forbes goal last season then allowing Millers to stand on Boxing Day. Us getting O'Reilly again for Accies game. That would never be even entertained for one of the Old Firm.

Broons lies, treachery and departure still leave a terrible taste in my mouth.

Motherwell shiting out of taking Broon and Aberdeen to task over that debacle, and finally...

...the Scottish media. Their part in all of the above just make me throw my hands in the air and give up. The tail trully wags the dug and I give up.

would like to know how he calculated the £1m loss, given we seldom get anywhere near a sellout when the old firm come calling.

Is he saying that £1m/4 home games against old firm = £250000 per game?

With new format that would mean by his calculations = £250000 x 2 = £500k so only a £500k loss??

I reckon we were lucky if we made £125k at the last Rangers game

figures dont add up unsuprisingly.

p.s. reading back it would need to be £500k a game presently. Madness.

Surprisingly, or not depending on your view, Tam Cowan on Sportsound in favour of the top ten league.

Again, the example used is when we played Dunfermline with relegation a reality. Good crowd, good atmosphere for a couple of games does NOT equal a reason for a top ten league.

Surprisingly, or not depending on your view, Tam Cowan on Sportsound in favour of the top ten league.

Again, the example used is when we played Dunfermline with relegation a reality. Good crowd, good atmosphere for a couple of games does NOT equal a reason for a top ten league.

Agreed. Fear is no basis for running a league. I can imagine 4 or 5 teams lining up in Levein's favourite formation every week, and it's hardly conducive to blooding the youngsters.

One change I would make, is to make sure that all matches are played to a finish. If this means penalties, so be it. I’ve always hated the one point for a draw system. I would award a straight two points to the eventual winner of the game. No win, no points.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I respectfully disagree :whistling: Nothing wrong with a hard-earned draw, and more teams would park 11 in the box hoping to sneak a win on penalties.

Ten team league will damage scottish football big time. Everyone will be terrified to take a chance, blood young players, play decent football. The threat of going down will frighten everyone.