Scottish Fitba

Bop

Turn the lights off and lock the door on the way out, overpriced shite with the enjoyment completely ripped out of it by over pricing, over zealous stewards and inept referees. I'm scunnered with it completely and very much doubt i'll be getting a season ticket next year. Nae wonder its dying on its arse.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my season ticket for this season but I'll be putting it in the bin. I'll not be back...

Hard to put into words exactly why I suddenly feel like this. I was really looking forward to tonight's game, probably down to not having been at a game for a while. But as we went into injury time, I found myself having a wee look round and thinking "Thanks for the memories but I can do without this.".

The referee certainly didn't help. Two teams with players with very little or no skill trying to beat each other into submission. At one point in the first half, I turned to my mates and said "You know who I feel sorry for? The ball...". Standing in the freezing cold watching this unfold in front of me probably didn't help.

But I've seen games like this before (too many to mention). I don't know if it's simply after the lay off, my excitement going to the game raised my expectations too high and what I saw depressed me. We've lost games and played terribly before and it's never bothered me. Even after that final game of the Malpas season, I never doubted I'd be back. I think maybe because it seemed obvious to me something could be changed to improve my enjoyment of going to Fir Park. If it was announced tomorrow that Guus Hiddink was taking over and making Lionel Messi his first signing, I don't even think that would see me rushing back. Just don't see any point in watching Scottish football anymore.

All I know is that as I walked along the road tonight, I tried to envisage when I'd go back. Even thinking about the semi final doesn't interest or excite me.

Maybe I'll feel different in the morning. Put simply. I've had enough. I'll always be a Motherwell fan. But I think I'm going to become one of those who simply checks the result on a Saturday at five o'clock...

Fans go on strike.........

Without us the game stops. The refs go on strike and the games still go ahead, players go on strike contracts go and we get some new players. Fans go on strike the game is OVER.

Get yer finger oot SPL/SFL/SFA stop taking all the money for you and yer pals and ripping the fans off, we have had enough. I was pissed off by Mr. Lennons comments about refs and the whole strike thing but after tonight fuck it no more. I would like our club to come out ALL guns blazing and have a go at the Refs. Sky were at the game so fans could watch it, not so some jumped up wee tit could show his mates how he had a wee bit of power. Motherwell FC look long and hard at this crowds are dropping and money is tight, if you dont stand up now you might not get another chance.

I'm saddened to here a few on here tonight say they might not be back or renew season tickets but I and a few I know are already in that boat and at this rate wont be back anytime soon. Sad and dark days for Scottish football but what will it take for change?

I have my season ticket for this season but I'll be putting it in the bin. I'll not be back...

Hard to put into words exactly why I suddenly feel like this. I was really looking forward to tonight's game, probably down to not having been at a game for a while. But as we went into injury time, I found myself having a wee look round and thinking "Thanks for the memories but I can do without this.".

The referee certainly didn't help. Two teams with players with very little or no skill trying to beat each other into submission. At one point in the first half, I turned to my mates and said "You know who I feel sorry for? The ball...". Standing in the freezing cold watching this unfold in front of me probably didn't help.

But I've seen games like this before (too many to mention). I don't know if it's simply after the lay off, my excitement going to the game raised my expectations too high and what I saw depressed me. We've lost games and played terribly before and it's never bothered me. Even after that final game of the Malpas season, I never doubted I'd be back. I think maybe because it seemed obvious to me something could be changed to improve my enjoyment of going to Fir Park. If it was announced tomorrow that Guus Hiddink was taking over and making Lionel Messi his first signing, I don't even think that would see me rushing back. Just don't see any point in watching Scottish football anymore.

All I know is that as I walked along the road tonight, I tried to envisage when I'd go back. Even thinking about the semi final doesn't interest or excite me.

Maybe I'll feel different in the morning. Put simply. I've had enough. I'll always be a Motherwell fan. But I think I'm going to become one of those who simply checks the result on a Saturday at five o'clock...

Exactly my thoughts except I couldn't even be bothered to go to tonights game.

What Brown did was just the last straw for me. I don't know what it is but, I just don't care anymore.

Referees, Celtic's paranoia, Rangers smugness, the Scottish media, Craig Levein as Scotland manager and then a 70 year old never was been, leaving us for the team at the bottom of the league, I am seriously pissed off.

I genuinely believe the actions of Brown and Knox could harm our support. If we are led to believe players/staff constantly can't wait to get away, the slightest sideways move is presented as a big step up, then I wouldn't be surprised to see casual attendees think what is the point. It won't affect me but I can understand 100% if it does to someone else.

What DOES get to me is 3,300 were in attendance for that game tonight. I know it is cold, it is near Xmas, and the game was live on TV but that is truly woeful and really VERY depressing.

Exactly my thoughts except I couldn't even be bothered to go to tonights game.

What Brown did was just the last straw for me. I don't know what it is but, I just don't care anymore.

Referees, Celtic's paranoia, Rangers smugness, the Scottish media, Craig Levein as Scotland manager and then a 70 year old never was been, leaving us for the team at the bottom of the league, I am seriously pissed off.

See, none of that even features even in my thinking (haven't given a damn about the Scotland team for years). Actually Brown leaving kind of gave me a wee boost. A wee change, something new is always exciting. To go from that to how I feel tonight, I don't know how that happens. It wasn't the defeat (seen enough of them). I just don't know. Just had enough...

Boyle is perhaps one wrong managerial appointment away from knocking hundreds off future Fir Park attendances for ever more.

i think your right there mate if someone like gus mcpherson turns up that could well be the final straw for a number of fans

Boyle is perhaps one wrong managerial appointment away from knocking hundreds off future Fir Park attendances for ever more.

I think you're missing the point that Bop made in his original post and a couple of others, myself included, have echoed. I don't think that the occupant of the Motherwell manager's job is going to be the problem. The appeal of Scottish football is getting less and less for a lot of people. I've spoken to Rangers, Celtic and Dundee United fans who feel the same way. I didn't really get it until tonight...

EDIT Not that I disagree that a poor appointment would possibly harm crowds even more. But there is something bigger at work here. A general disenfranchisement of all Scottish football fans...

Am I the only one that's absolutely raging after tonight's game and ain't going to let that go until our next home win?! :unsure:

What an advert for Scottish football though. Two teams struggling for any kind of quality (one who is out of match practice, the other just a Jim Jeffries team) a linesman who doesn't even watch the game and a referee who apparently has never even read the rules. No wonder people are feeling like staying away though. I appreciate the sentiment, I'm just not at that stage personally!

no i do get your point, i just feel that those punters that have not been scunnered to the extent that you say, could finally throw in the towel if say McPherson was appointed.

I was going to counter there that we're probably at rock bottom in those terms when you look at recent attendances. Those that are left are those who will always go. But previosuly I would have said I probably come into that category and I've had enough so I s'ppose everyone has their breaking point...

I've had an hour to chill, reflect, watch the highlights and calm down and do you know what, I still feel the same.

I think the main reason a lot of us are down is that its been such a crazy week being a Well fan.

We lose our management team through dubious circumstances, we play the supposed form team in Scotland who just bully the shite out of us and we are let down bye the main players this season Humphrey, Craigan, Reynolds, Blackman and Randolph to an extent with the 1st goal, with to me the players looking visibly deflated from the off.

Then finally we are again let down by the horrendous performance of the referee who was clearly going to give us nothing. After a season of terrible referring performances another comes and kicks us when we are at a low ebb.

A big week in let downs and sitting tonight at FP and seeing only 3300 ish fans at the game between 3rd and 5th in the league makes us realise football is in dire dire straights in this country.

I'm sure a lot of us will reflect tomorrow and start to look forward to Aberdeen away followed by Rangers at home but at the moment it seems a long long road to some enjoyment again.

This rollercoaster is taking another twist and turn and do you know what I'm thinking that the next stop I might just get off and watch it from the side.

This is a rather worrying thread, especially if people aren't just getting caught up in tonights disappointment.Yes it was poor but it's been like this for years and the spl has probably been worse within the last 15 years.Something has to be done about the decline in attendances and the poor quality on show but i don't see it being quite as bad as people on here are making out and i certainly won't pack it in because we get an uninspiring manager.You need to support the team through these things. :nod:

With every passing game, I am questioning myself why I didn't get my Leeds Season ticket.

Utterly crap and down right cheating refs, no allowance for atmosphere, not allowed to fart or you're lifted at away games, high ball hatchet teams allowed to prevail, dross served up on Monday night on Sky for the whole of Britain to see, Overpriced underfinanced stadia, useless arseholes in the SPL/SFL/SFA, self preservation, poor footballers that couldn't get near your School team, the same coaches allowed to keep signing shite and playing shite football, The Old Firm, the list is endless.

Why go to Dundee Utd and Aberdeen away, when for the same price you could fly to Spain and watch Barca dismantle someone in the Camp Nou with a cold pint in your hand in decent weather?

Scottish Fitba is finished and this season has been the straw that broke the camel's back. We've got a load of dickheads running the game, an absloute dickhead in charge of the National side that will set back development by 50 years, dickhead players who think they've made when in reality they are fuckin' terrible excuses for footballers and athletes.

As a fan that has travelled to most away games over the last 15 years, had a season ticket, travelled Europe, ran supporters buses, emptied the business and personal accounts for Motherwell FC. This season will be my last following Scottish football religiously, I'm now more interested in going to Elland Rd, going to Rome, Germany, Holland, Spain and France to watch football because it's better value.

It hurts me to say that, but it's the harsh reality of the situation and do you know what? I won't miss a second of it.