Dundee V Motherwell

El Grew

This may well have been posted on here previously but I was just looking forward to the Scottish Cup on Saturday and our now annual away tie in the first round (for the big clubs ;) )

This year's outing is to Dens Park, Dundee where our last Scottish Cup visit ended in an abject 2-0 surrender at the same stage in February 1988. From memory, I think we were 2-0 down at half-time and never in the game at any time. It was a long journey back.

Its interesting to note that since we beat them in the Scottish Cup Final in 1952 we've not beaten them in the Scottish Cup since.

A good few things we need here;

1) The game to take place. Hopefully the weather will be fine and this won't get postponed. Too many midweek games coming up and don't need another.

2) To win this game and give the team some much needed confidence. A defeat is obviously a disaster but a draw would be an easy second for reasons given above.

3) A solid team performance that lasts for the whole 90 minutes.

2-1 Motherwell win for me.

.........This year's outing is to Dens Park, Dundee where our last Scottish Cup visit ended in an abject 2-0 surrender at the same stage in February 1988. From memory, I think we were 2-0 down at half-time and never in the game at any time. It was a long journey back........

Good support travelled, (back when I was a good fan), but were fairly quickly silenced by 2 quick Dundee goals - think Coyne got one.

So we are due a win then ;)

This may well have been posted on here previously but I was just looking forward to the Scottish Cup on Saturday and our now annual away tie in the first round (for the big clubs :) )

This year's outing is to Dens Park, Dundee where our last Scottish Cup visit ended in an abject 2-0 surrender at the same stage in February 1988. From memory, I think we were 2-0 down at half-time and never in the game at any time. It was a long journey back.

Its interesting to note that since we beat them in the Scottish Cup Final in 1952 we've not beaten them in the Scottish Cup since.

Game is now on Sunday and live on tv of some sort.

ps, I quoted that fact after the draw!! :lol:

With the game being live on Sky on a Sunday lunchtime, and with League Cup Semi Final tickets on sale soon, I reckon we'll be doing well to have 1000 Well fans at Dens next week.

The crowd will probably be down around 3000 on what would be expected at 3pm on a Saturday, but I suppose the 80k plus from Sky to each club will soften that blow!

Been to both away games this week, not sure the funds will stretch to this one too. Its on TV so I can see it, plus we have Tannadice the following Wednesday too, an expensive time for us just now!

When the draw was made I was sure I would be there. Third round of the cup has always been special. The last third round game I missed was Aberdeen in 91 until Inveruruie then Inverness last year. Doubt if I'll go this year £15 to get in and £30 for petrol. Four hours in the car yet a five minute walk to the pub 3 or 4 pints for the admission money and then home.

Another habit broken.

Football has sold out to TV and I fear when the companies lose interest the game will die.

A dose of cup fever always brings out decent Well support but the fact it's not a three o'clock kick off will hit our turn out.

But it is always nice good to say you went to every cup game when we get to the final.

Absolutely spot on. I assumed this was a 3 o'clock kick ioff. Don't know why when I knew it was on Sky. Surprised it is not 4.20am on Sunday morning :wallbash:

Was looking at train times from Edinburgh with a view to getting in to Dundee just before 2pm....TV is killing football.

Some of the stats aren't the best. Dundee haven't lost a game in the league since 25th September and haven't lost at Dens Park all season. Not conceeding many goals as of late either. Not much, if anything, between the two teams. Going to be a very difficult day.