Dundee Game

RoscoDee

What does everyone think about our chsnces against Dundee next week because i for one am a little bit worried for the following reasons

1. Dundee are unbeaten at home all season in all competitions :unsure:

2. Dundee have now won 6 matches in a row (home and away)

3. Now that Craig Brown has left us we are a little bit shakey

and finally... our away form this season has not been great :thumbup:<_>

MOTHERWELL TILL I DIE!!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the way weve been playing lately dundee will definately fancy there chances it all depends on the attitude of the players if they think there just gonna turn up and get through then were in big trouble.this was always gonna be a tough tie even with dundees problems id gladly settle for a replay

Just back down from the Dundee v Ross County game today ( was visiting the in-laws for New Year, and they're all Dees')

I'm not overly concerned tbh.

Griffiths looks good on the ball, and seems to link well with Forsyth ( i think thats his name).

other than that, there werent any great stand-outs for me.

bring them on next saturday....definitely do-able !

Just back down from the Dundee v Ross County game today ( was visiting the in-laws for New Year, and they're all Dees')

I'm not overly concerned tbh.

Griffiths looks good on the ball, and seems to link well with Forsyth ( i think thats his name).

other than that, there werent any great stand-outs for me.

bring them on next saturday....definitely do-able !

whens he out of contract? hes a crackin player, i heard not long ago hearts were looking at him, cant imagine he would cost too much and the dees would bite yer hand off for the money.

Gonna set myself up for a fall and say Forsyth is a diddy. Stop Griffifths, stop Dundee. Lockwood is a decent player, Harkins on a good day is almost as good as anyone in Scotland, but I've never seen a more inconsistent player.

Our away form this season has been pretty good actually.

To memory, its only the Old Firm and Hibs that have defeated us away from home? :thumbup: Three Games?

To the game in Question, it wouldn't be a real Third Round Clash if an SPL Big Boy {Top Six] wasn''t put out by the so called "Diddy" teams. However, You can't shoot down a new Motherwell side! Look at the form of 2010! Leaving out the last six weeks, we had an amazing Year all because of the new manager. This could be the same! I think we are in favour to Win this one 2-1 or there abouts.

Dundee have something we sadly lack at the moment, fight and passion. They have gone ten games undefeated, six straight wins and five clean sheets. It’s also two months since they last conceded a goal. Am I worried, yes! At the moment I would take a boring 0-0 draw with a replay at Fir Park.

Mmmmm, aside from the fact that we are an awful side and have lost Brown and Knox who if nothing else, knew how to get the very best out of us, this is Motherwell, in the Scottish Cup, against a lower league side...What does that usually mean??? Yep, we'll get pumped!

Dundee will beat us, if not at Dens Park then in the replay at Fir Park.

Purely going on our previous record against lower league teams i really think we are gonna get beat & not by a fluke they will play us off the park. The one bright spot is it's McCall's first proper game in charge (Accies was definitely Young's team) & he can hopefully get them up for it. But then wasn't it Broon's first game in charge when Inverness pumped us last year? Could be totally wrong there but i know it was early on in his reign.

Purely going on our previous record against lower league teams i really think we are gonna get beat & not by a fluke they will play us off the park. The one bright spot is it's McCall's first proper game in charge (Accies was definitely Young's team) & he can hopefully get them up for it. But then wasn't it Broon's first game in charge when Inverness pumped us last year? Could be totally wrong there but i know it was early on in his reign.

If you accept the official line that the Hearts game was under Gordon Young's command (despite both Brown and Knox being in the dugout) then Inverness would have been their 2nd game in charge.

We had Killie away on the Saturday then the several times postponed Inverness game on the Monday night if I remember rightly.

As for Dundee, the warnings are there for all to see. St Johnstone, Dundee, Inverness and so on the list is as long as your arm if you want to go down that line.

What's maybe less likely to stick in people's heads are the comfortable wins over Morton on the way to the CIS, against St Johnstone and Clyde under Butcher. Even beating Airdrie away from home under Malpas so they haven't all gone against us against First Division teams.

I see it as being very close and one that could go either way.

Yet again the negative vibes are flowing through the threads.... we go into this match with NEW manager and a new lease of life.... yes we have been playing poorly, but with the exception of Rangers no team has played us off the park... Dundee have lots to prove and with a GOOD RECORD they must be pretty much up for the game. Motherwell on the other hand have the new manager looking to stamp his authority on his new look team,,, each player will be playing for his place in the starting eleven,,,, regardless on how long they have been at the club, the likes of Forbes,Casagolda,Page will at some stage be given there chance to prove the previous managers wrong, be it in training or on the park, Exciting times ahead.

Motherwell to win 3- nil.