Dundee Game

RoscoDee

well played today motherwell, great to see sutton & murphy scoring. the midfield looked far better with jennings back. first thing mccall should do is tie jennings & sutton down on new contracts. good day for the well.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delighted to have negotiated a tricky tie so comfortably and with such professionalism. We defended well from the off and totally dominated midfield. Dundee caused us virtually no problems and in truth we could've scored more.

The Sutton/Murphy partnership worked very well and how good was Jenno? We still need a couple of new players to supplement the squad, but today was very encouraging indeed.

Just back in, roads where shootey in on the way home.

Really pleased with the team and the performance today.

The balance in the starting 11 was fantatstic. Playing players in there natural positions made a massive difference and good old 4-4-2 looks the future.

Murphy was simply fantastic and his movemnet off the ball was brilliant to watch. When he got the ball his direct running also caused the Dee's a lot of bother. His style with Sutts physical presence and having a striker that can hold the ball up made a big difference. Kudos to McCall he seemed to have them up for it and playing with some style. This Dundee team are no mugs, they have some decent players in the lad Forsyth on the left and Harkins in the middle.

Really really physical tho and left the boot in a lot. Griffiths deserved to go, what an obnoxious wee shite he is. Clearly is a player. One thing though about today he is definately not used to playing against left sided centre halfs with the pace of Reynolds every week. That caught him out. He is used to big cluggers who he can zip bye, Reynolds had him well contained.

Thought Fitzpatrick also played well, was getting forward a lot to support the strikers and linked well with Murphy and Hammell. No poor performers in the squad today.

All in all a great result and performance. Bring on the next round.

Thoroughly enjoyed that today. Thought the 'Well fans were excellent. Downside, told off from an attractive W.P.C. for picking up the tiniest bit of snow and having a slightly longer walk than intended when the cops thought we had too many in the front of the van. I love the Scottish Cup :(

Nice that us 'armchair' managers have been proven correct with Sutty and Murphy having such an impact. Easily our best combination, not to mention tried and tested.

Here here. Shame how we notice it but experts in the game dont. We have been trying for too long to keep Gow and Blackman happy. Today showeed what you get with a real front two pairing. Old Fashioned win the ball Centre forward with a tricky creative forward. I must admit Murphy looks to have picked up a trick or two from his left wing days, was tearing that right back to bits when he got the ball.

Glad to see Murphy up front again.

He is probably our most naturally gifted player and I don't think we've been getting the best out of him recently, or in fact across his whole career so far.

The boy is a forward, not a midfielder, not a wide player, a forward. He's proved if for Scotland U21's, he's proved it for us when played there - let's play our best player in his best position.

Was refreshing to see Murphy in his correct position, he is miles better upfront than anywhere else. I would continue with those two upfront for now. If we are going to sign anyone before the window I would put all our efforts into signing a left-sided midfielder, as much as Fitzpatrick done a job there today, having a player who naturally plays there would be good. Jennings return was noticeable instantly also today.

Glad to see Murphy up front again.

He is probably our most naturally gifted player and I don't think we've been getting the best out of him recently, or in fact across his whole career so far.

The boy is a forward, not a midfielder, not a wide player, a forward. He's proved if for Scotland U21's, he's proved it for us when played there - let's play our best player in his best position.

Spot on the money.

Was lying in bed this morning and couldnae really be bothered with today. But just back and I'm pretty damn pleased I went to Dundee!

How often do we see the 'Well struggling against the so-called underdogs in cup competitions? Today I thought we were very good. The biggest problem with Alan Gow wasn't that he was gash, it was that our whole team was shifted around to accomodate him. We get shop of him, suddenly Murphy can play up front again, and he was dynamite again.

Good performance, fine result. Bring on the next round.

U

Couldn't agree more. The midfield is night and day with and without Jennings. While I love the effort that Lasley puts in, he doesn't pick the passes like Jennings did today.

Sutton and Murphy through the middle is terrific, Murphy drops short, runs the channels looking for space and Sutton contests everything.

Good day out.

Possibly nick picking but it was having them as a pair that makes the difference not just one or the other and Lasley made 2 or 3 intelligent incisive passes today and does so in general for my money.

How often do we see the 'Well struggling against the so-called underdogs in cup competitions? Today I thought we were very good. The biggest problem with Alan Gow wasn't that he was gash, it was that our whole team was shifted around to accomodate him. We get shop of him, suddenly Murphy can play up front again, and he was dynamite again.

sutton and murphy being marginalised so gow could prance around doing fuck all was an absolute travesty. big sutty looked gutted at celtic park when he was warming up and gow was kidding on he was playing up front alone. the same goes for jamie, compare his performance to today to the one last week, he was up for it from the start and when he's confident he scores goals.

we had a couple of shaky moments but we were very good today, having the extra man in midfield helped rather than having 2 out and out attackers on the wing. hateley was much better at right back, there's far less for him to think about out there and he can concentrate on doing the simple things well.

shame on dundee for their assualts near the end. they looked bad at the time but seeing them again on tv they were absolutely shocking. how the fuck higgins never walked for the one on reynolds is unbelievable.

who does everyone want in the next round? i quite fancy a motherwell vs morton or airdrie :thumbup:

U

Possibly nick picking but it was having them as a pair that makes the difference not just one or the other and Lasley made 2 or 3 intelligent incisive passes today and does so in general for my money.

Aye, thats probably fairer actually. Either way, delighted he's back!

looking for hilights of the game to watch over in the states. One of the posts told me to keep an ey on the thread in the NSFW section............what is that?

Highlights programme is also on Sky Sports 1 at 8pm GMT, so you could try to find a live stream of that -- http://www.everythingon.tv/channel/view/sky-sports-1-1 is a good bet.