125 Years For What?

Amber_nectar

I'm actually beginning to wonder if anyone can remember the season when Maurice Malpas was in charge. Getting totally outplayed and humped 4-1 by your relegation rivals in a crucial game, followed by being two nil up against the might of St. Mirren, only to get beat 3-2 and have to rely on other results to keep you in the division, that may be considered bad, people who have been following Motherwell for longer than me will be able to tell you worse.

We've been in Europe three consecutive seasons and had top half finishes four out of eight years since we came out of administration. Just because we've not won in five games doesn't make things bleak!

I can remember 3 relegations :doh:

You were ball boy in 1886 :evilgrin:

125 years is something to be proud of. Think of the generations past who have been part of the club, ancestors of many of you, perhaps long gone, but whose support enabled the club to survive and so be here for you today. That's what it's all about for any football club, many of which have been around long enough to be called institutions; it's the memories you acquire and the friends you've known. Hopefully the club will still be around 125 years from now, when all of you have long since gone, but again because your support has guarenteed its continuation.

Whatever current circumstances may be, a football club is its fans and Motherwell FC now has 125 years worth to celebrate. That's some story to be told.

This year celebrates 125 years of Motherwell Football Club. At this moment in time I don't feel there is much cause for celebration. Just feel like I and my fello fans are being shafted by scottish football.

you're actually living in a golden era!

since we went into admin we have achieved some impressive things.

4 semi finals in 8 years which matches our total in the previous 40 years (i think).

we got into our 9th cup final. it was only our second in 50 years.

25 consecutive top flight seasons.

in the 27 years between the formation of the premier league and going into admin we finished in the top half of the league 4 times. since we came out of admin we have matched that and could possibly beat it this year.

last season was the first time we qualified for europe 3 times in a row.

when we knocked out aalesund it was the first time we had progressed against a full time professional club.

since we went into admin we have achieved some impressive things.

4 semi finals in 8 years which matches our total in the previous 40 years (i think).

we got into our 9th cup final. it was only our second in 50 years.

25 consecutive top flight seasons.

in the 27 years between the formation of the premier league and going into admin we finished in the top half of the league 4 times. since we came out of admin we have matched that and could possibly beat it this year.

last season was the first time we qualified for europe 3 times in a row.

when we knocked out aalesund it was the first time we had progressed against a full time professional club.

I hope you're not suggesting that the SPL is over 30 Years Old :whistling: Because it isn't!

Other than that part, I agree.

There's no reason why this couldn't be included in the "Lets Go On Strike Topic", no need to moan about Scottish Football shafting you in two separate topics!

agreed

the powers that be are incompetent fuds but they'll no stop us from supporting the team. :whistling:

Totally agree with that, some of the younger fans are living under the assumption that this is the norm in being a 'Well fan. I'm enjoying it while I can - especially the European games, normal service will probably be resumed - if it hasn't already, in the near future.