Enforced Changes Today

LadywellToi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Eh? That's porridge dribbling that is.

So, like others, no matter how the lad performs you'll find criticism... Bravo. With regards comparison as to what the housewives choice and Jennings do - it's about how the midfield unit perform no? For that young Fitzpatrick offers a balance that we've lacked for a long, long time. Great if possible mind, but, left side of midfield isn't all about attacking the opposing right hand side and whipping in crosses with pinpoint accuracy.

You've mentioned the stray pass in the first half. Were you aware he wasn't given a call? Hammell, one of our most consistent over the last year even eclipsed his shit Hamilton Accies display, should have progressed from his standing spot.

Used up 9 lives? A valuable squad player, better quality replacement would be expected to hit first eleven. Budget constraints, who would you find as an alternative?

Well said.

It's Fitzy's ability to stop the opposition playing that's his strength. Everyone should get off his back and give him some encouragement. That way his confidence will build and we'll all benefit from that.

Can't compare Jamie Pollock and Fitzpatrick. From what I have seen Pollock is more of a winger. We really don't need a winger, nor do I buy this crap of needing a left midfielder while we have Fizzy. I think if we get a left winger in the Humphrey mould we could suffer because Murphy would be stuck more centre and although Murphy is never a left winger, he is one of these strikers that is more effective if given the right to roam to the wing, especially the left, like he did most of yesterday - and he does for Scotland ( a little like Villa for Barcelona/Spain).

Fizzy brings a natural balance, and allows Lasley to get forward more, not to mention natural cover for Hammell - something Hammell has not had in a very long time (and Reynolds when he goes on one of his daft runs). I'm unsure a winger could do such a thing.

I never really thought about it along that lines, it would benefit Murphy a lot with a left midfielder. Im just still not sure it's Fitzpatrick we need there, i hope im wrong and he goes on the rest of the season and is fantastic ill be the first on here to say sorry to him and everyone else haha

Can't compare Jamie Pollock and Fitzpatrick. From what I have seen Pollock is more of a winger. We really don't need a winger, nor do I buy this crap of needing a left midfielder while we have Fizzy. I think if we get a left winger in the Humphrey mould we could suffer because Murphy would be stuck more centre and although Murphy is never a left winger, he is one of these strikers that is more effective if given the right to roam to the wing, especially the left, like he did most of yesterday - and he does for Scotland ( a little like Villa for Barcelona/Spain).

Fizzy brings a natural balance, and allows Lasley to get forward more, not to mention natural cover for Hammell - something Hammell has not had in a very long time (and Reynolds when he goes on one of his daft runs). I'm unsure a winger could do such a thing.

Yeah cause then Lasley can play to his strength of setting up goals or use his much feared goal threat :lol: Deary me - thats one of the worst suggestions I've read on here in a long while.

Yeah cause then Lasley can play to his strength of setting up goals or use his much feared goal threat :lol: Deary me - thats one of the worst suggestions I've read on here in a long while.

It's exactly what has been happening though. Out of the midfield three, it is usually Lasley that is playing further forward, with Jennings dictating the middle at will, and it seems Fitzpatrick doing the covering shift for any players out of position. Which leaves Humphrey being a third forward - albeit slightly wider than a natural attacking forward.

It's exactly what has been happening though. Out of the midfield three, it is usually Lasley that is playing further forward, with Jennings dictating the middle at will, and it seems Fitzpatrick doing the covering shift for any players out of position. Which leaves Humphrey being a third forward - albeit slightly wider than a natural attacking forward.

I didn't say thats not whats been happening but that system relies heavily on Humphrey being the creator. You mentioned earlier in the post I quoted about you not buying into "this crap of needing a left midfielder while we have Fizzy" - If Fitzy plays left mid leaving Lasley to get further forward then we either need Las to contribute more goals himself or create goals otherwise we need someone else as who can else we rely to heavily on Humphrey or Murphy dropping short to create chances. The lack of goals we've had from midfield has been shocking in recent years and don't even get me started about our lack of goals from set pieces.

If Fitzy plays left mid leaving Lasley to get further forward then we either need Las to contribute more goals himself or create goals otherwise we need someone else as who can else we rely to heavily on Humphrey or Murphy dropping short to create chances.

His name is Ross Forbes...

I didn't say thats not whats been happening but that system relies heavily on Humphrey being the creator. You mentioned earlier in the post I quoted about you not buying into "this crap of needing a left midfielder while we have Fizzy" - If Fitzy plays left mid leaving Lasley to get further forward then we either need Las to contribute more goals himself or create goals otherwise we need someone else as who can else we rely to heavily on Humphrey or Murphy dropping short to create chances. The lack of goals we've had from midfield has been shocking in recent years and don't even get me started about our lack of goals from set pieces.

What I meant about it is I don't think it is as urgent as some would make out. Although I agree with you our midfield goals return has been shocking for quite sometime now. Although Lasley isn't known for his prowess in front of goal I see no reason why he can't, has made some decent runs late into the box recently - even scoring against Hearts.

Also, as Johnstone said there is always Ross Forbes if the whole Lasley thing didn't work. But before that can work, we need our team, be it midfield or even defenders (Hammell, Hateley and Reynolds(?!?) can all strike a ball) to learn that if a gap opens up around 18-25 yards out take a strike. There was a few times against Dundee that every single midfielder and even Murphy was guilty of trying to pass it into the net when the defence seemed to just open up.

Even thought Lasley doesn't have a thundering shot i feel he contributes a lot to the team. He is a play maker who site behind the strikers to feed balls through (Well thats what should be happening)

Jennings sits further back to break up the play and start the attack going again.

Always feeding to Humph im not to keen on, now that Murphy drifts back to the left more tends to give us another threat now (eg sutton's 2 goals)

and yes we do have at least 3 defenders who can strike a ball so were not so bad at striking from distance something i wish we would do more

anyway we won 4-0 against a hard team, the boys done us proud

Im soooooo sorry guys but i hate that phrase, What does Fitzpatrick do that Lasley doesn't do? or Jennings doesn't do?

i agree he's a great squad player but at one point he passed to the left thinking Hammy would be there and it went out for a throw in, now that could be hammy's fault or not but you at least should look before you make a pass.

Another Subpar performance from the guy i think he's used up his 9 lifes at Motherwell anyway with constantly getting extentions and never performing

Stop complaining about a player who has been loyal and actually played a decent game Yesterday! It's actually pathetic how some people on this forum complain just for the sake of complaining! He worked his ass off yesterday and in fact he threw his head in the way of a fairly powerful shot that was heading for the Top Corner without any regard of his own safety! If he wasn't caring or half decent he wouldn't have even attempted to get in the way of that!

And as for the Hammell Pass, He looked up and saw Hammell taking the wing but by the time he was surrounded by Dundee players he could only hope hammell carried on his run which he didn't! In fact, he pulled back to offer some support behind Fitzy so he could get him out of trouble if he needed to, which it turns out he didn't. Its a gamble!

Sorry to keep this off topic but if money is as tight as were led to believe then letting Fitzpatrick go should in my opinion be seriously considered.

My reason for this is because I've watched Halsman play a lot this season and I think he should be given his chance. For me he would offer the same versatility as Fitzpatrick on the left side albeit without the experience. I like Fitzy and think he's a solid player but if we can promote a young lad and find some more wages for McCall then that's what I'd do.

How many contract extensions has Fitzpatrick had? I'm sure it's only 2, with the first one being when he was playing for us week in week out under Butcher, and then he got the six month deal to give him a chance to prove himself after being out injured a whole year.

Overall the team seemed to have a good balance throughout the pitch, the Defence looked unusually steady, with little or no real mistakes.

With Jennoe back in the midfield it all fell into place with no real problems.

The wingers are now being supported by the fullbacks, so the hopefull cross into the box is now not the only option available to them.

The new manager has seen what they can do now, but the real test will be wed night, can they keep up the (impress) the new Boss effort as shown Sunday.

Looked good throughout, i think we are pretty much sorted should we stay injury free, left side needs some competition, L/B seems to be an area we could look to improve or at least get cover for, as yet knowone else has played at left back other than the first eleven choice... Not sure can Page play there?

Good start to the new tenure... Long may it continue.

Overall the team seemed to have a good balance throughout the pitch, the Defence looked unusually steady, with little or no real mistakes.

With Jennoe back in the midfield it all fell into place with no real problems.

The wingers are now being supported by the fullbacks, so the hopefull cross into the box is now not the only option available to them.

The new manager has seen what they can do now, but the real test will be wed night, can they keep up the (impress) the new Boss effort as shown Sunday.

Looked good throughout, i think we are pretty much sorted should we stay injury free, left side needs some competition, L/B seems to be an area we could look to improve or at least get cover for, as yet knowone else has played at left back other than the first eleven choice... Not sure can Page play there?

Good start to the new tenure... Long may it continue.

Did Page not play at LB in a Cup game earlier in the season and bag himself 2 goals?

Without wishing to open old wound from previous threads.

You referring to the exchange we had recently and feel the need to mention it because I started this thread? No wounds opened, you make a valid point in your post.

Thing is though that line up / approach / formation has been available at the club for some time under some of the previous managers and interim managers who knew (or know) the playing squad and what we have available to us far more than Stuart McCall does.

I hope it's the catalyst to add some players to supplement a great core squad with some great young players coming through.

Most of us if we are honest would have had Blackman as one of the first definites on the teamsheet. Even if his form has dipped, I think most of use would have persevered given his earlier form and crucial goals. It would have been a brave member who came on here and suggested dropping him (Youngie did against Celtic incidentally), in all honesty, if he was still with us and it was Sunday at noon would you have opted for him in your starting 11? I suggest most would have.

The catalyst for this thread was that the planets aligned for McCall in his first game by which I mean the strongest 11 players in the team all has no factors affecting them being played in their most effective positions:

1) No Gow, no Blackman - Sutton and Murphy back up front (same as Europa early stages) and combine with deadly effect (which makes it sweeter), playing to their strengths.

2) Saunders injured so Hateley fills in at RB, where I'd say 95% of the support feel where he has played his best football in the past 12 months rather than as defensive midfielder under Gannon (however remind yourself that's where he won countless MotM awards).

3) Scope for a natural midfielder to step into the last remaining free space.

4) I doubt he will tinker much with it going forward.

Finally I'd add, a few have been slating Fitzpatrick, OK I can see where you are coming from but lets remember his role is the unglamorous side of things in the midfield .... tackling, tracking back and covering is not going to get the same recognition and plaudits as mazey runs down the wing or inch perfect through balls. If his game improves with a little more on-field time then ideal, until why not give the lad the benefit of the doubt.

Finally I'd add, a few have been slating Fitzpatrick, OK I can see where you are coming from but lets remember his role is the unglamorous side of things in the midfield .... tackling, tracking back and covering is not going to get the same recognition and plaudits as mazey runs down the wing or inch perfect through balls. If his game improves with a little more on-field time then ideal, until why not give the lad the benefit of the doubt.

You really haven't read / or don't recall many threads or posts where I've talked about Fitzy then?

That's OK tho

That wasn't referencing you: "a few have been slating" was the caveat there.

Just because I quoted you beforehand doesn't mean the entire post is dedicated to you.

Need to be more careful the way you're laying your posts out then. The whole thing looked like a schoolteacher marking up a piece of homework. :nod:

You referring to the exchange we had recently and feel the need to mention it because I started this thread? No wounds opened, you make a valid point in your post.

Most of us if we are honest would have had Blackman as one of the first definites on the teamsheet. Even if his form has dipped, I think most of use would have persevered given his earlier form and crucial goals. It would have been a brave member who came on here and suggested dropping him (Youngie did against Celtic incidentally), in all honesty, if he was still with us and it was Sunday at noon would you have opted for him in your starting 11? I suggest most would have.

The catalyst for this thread was that the planets aligned for McCall in his first game by which I mean the strongest 11 players in the team all has no factors affecting them being played in their most effective positions:

1) No Gow, no Blackman - Sutton and Murphy back up front (same as Europa early stages) and combine with deadly effect (which makes it sweeter), playing to their strengths.

2) Saunders injured so Hateley fills in at RB, where I'd say 95% of the support feel where he has played his best football in the past 12 months rather than as defensive midfielder under Gannon (however remind yourself that's where he won countless MotM awards).

3) Scope for a natural midfielder to step into the last remaining free space.

4) I doubt he will tinker much with it going forward.

You must have spent a fair bit of time writing this tosh. How do you know that McCall didn't just go into training and say "Right that boy Murphy should be up front with a target man like Sutton" and "That Hately looks like a tidy RB stick him in there."

Maybe he knows about fitbaw and didn't just get lucky.

With respect to Johnson's "tosh" shout, maybe so however if Blackman and Gow happened to still be in the squad maybe he would have equally said "hey .... that guy there has scored 8, he's tall and fast, he'll be leading the line."

He fielded arguably the 11 best players at the club and fortunately there were no positioning conflicts.

Looking back over his post match comments he even said "the team picked itself". His skill and acumen so far would appear to me to be more to do with man management, spirit and motivation.

As it turned out almost everyone is happy that Sutton and Murphy were put together up front and no doubt will feature quite a bit as a partnership in the weeks ahead.

Need to be more careful the way you're laying your posts out then. The whole thing looked like a schoolteacher marking up a piece of homework. :P

If I'm a school teacher then you are the wean. I'd suggest you go and boil your head but you'd probably think I was being sincere and take offence again citing self mutilation this time.

If I'm a school teacher then you are the wean. I'd suggest you go and boil your head but you'd probably think I was being sincere and take offence again citing self mutilation this time.

The sad thing is you probably actually believe you have an impact.

I asked you to clarify posts about baseball bats and alleyways because I thought it was a strange choice of words and wondered what it was about.

Other than that I could take or leave your pish no problem.

Get over yersel Ladyshave, please.

Folk are bored with this pish

Post yer views and move on.

With respect to your condescending tone, I'd reiterate, away and boil yer heed. For one who throws insults around on here with gay abandon to get all precious suggests you feel you are above reaping what you sow.

You contacted me previously by private message with a petted lip, I suggested if you were offended to contact a moderator. Since then you've had wee jibes and references to it whenever I've posted.

I agree folk are bored with this pish we are both guilty of permeating.

Go to your happy place and count to ten.

With respect to your condescending tone, I'd reiterate, away and boil yer heed. For one who throws insults around on here with gay abandon to get all precious suggests you feel you are above reaping what you sow.

You contacted me previously by private message with a petted lip, I suggested if you were offended to contact a moderator. Since then you've had wee jibes and references to it whenever I've posted.

I agree folk are bored with this pish we are both guilty of permeating.

Go to your happy place and count to ten.

:wank: