Dundee United (a) - 12/01/11

steelboy

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon as I heard Forbes in for Fitzpatrick I thought we'd be lucky to get anything from this. If Fitzpatrick is away to Ross Country we really really need a left sided midfielder in as right now we got no one that is remotely effective there. You'll get an honest shift from Sutton or Murphy but really putting square pegs in round holes.

It is a bit harsh calling Forbes an imposter of a footballer, but he certainly is an imposter of a left sided midfield player. I doubt he'd do a whole lot better in the middle of the park given his form dried up before he got shunted out wide and that he seems to have the fitness level of Chief Wiggum!

I am, as is anyone else, entitled to criticise/praise any Motherwell player.

I've been following Motherwell for over 40 years now and I reckon Gump Forbes is one of the worst I've seen in claret and amber. Pitch him in with Holm Kraska, Joe McLeod, Kevin Christie, Paul Wilson ...... he'd struggle to even shine in that midfield :thumbup:

Of course you are big yin. I'm like yerself probably hitting nearly 40 yrs going to FP

It's just a piss poor opinion that I wouldn't associate with yer good self in a month of Sundays

Really fuckin disappointing to be honest

But like you say we're all entitled - so fair doos

Tell you what, you fuck off. I've seen this tube play enough times home and away to know that he is utter shite.

So you think it's reasonable to slate someone's performance of what you saw absolutely nothing off? Must be shite being so negative and delusional! You've seen Ross Forbes playing enough times home and away to know he is utter shite, fair enough- start a topic about it, talk about any one of those games where he was "utter shite", but for you to criticise him for a performance you didn't witness is just, as I said the first time ill-informed.

Aye I've seen him play fuckin superbly actually - so have most of us.

He's a centre mid player - never a wide player

Hope he can get a move soon too - away from this nonsense

I've seen him score a couple of nice goals a long, long time ago. Apart from that he has been utter shite. Ever think that their might be a reason as to why he hasn't had a run in the team?

At least we agree on something I hope he gets moved on as soon as possible as well.

Disappointed but not altogether unexpected :thumbup:

As for Forbes, I do believe the guy has bags of talent, but there's no doubt he's as slow as a week in the jail, and he's not going to power up and down the park, especially playing in a wide position. I remember years ago playing with a guy who was very similar, and we used to wind him up that he never left the centre circle during a game - you accepted it and knew he wasn't going to run all over the place, but when the ball was played through him, he could create havoc. Forbes could well be like this, but if we don't see him in the middle of the park we're not going to find out.

Other side of the coin could well be the question, can we afford the luxury of this type of player, or can afford not to try it ?

MON RA DOSSERS

I thought forbes was alright tonight actually, far from the biggest waste out there tonight.

That goes to Chris Humphrey. Once, just once, just knock it past the fullback and run. You'll beat him.

Or y'know, just continue to run, turn back and pass it to Hateley, thats been working spectacularly.

I've seen him score a couple of nice goals a long, long time ago. Apart from that he has been utter shite. Ever think that their might be a reason as to why he hasn't had a run in the team?

At least we agree on something I hope he gets moved on as soon as possible as well.

Aye because he has been an ever present in the team since those nice goals.....................

I thought forbes was alright tonight actually, far from the biggest waste out there tonight.

That goes to Chris Humphrey. Once, just once, just knock it past the fullback and run. You'll beat him.

Or y'know, just continue to run, turn back and pass it to Hateley, thats been working spectacularly.

Cheers Graeme - good to hear from someone that was there mate adding a wee bit of perspective.

Although we don't like that on here - facts, truth n that.

I take it we deserved nowt?

how the heck is it McCall's fault. :thumbup: You dont half slavour a load of crap.

He just in the job, been left with a group of youngsters and a few experienced pro's who's form are up and down. Whats the bet our board of directors have cut the playing budget again? Our squad is getting smaller and smaller. As a result we better get used to defeats, because it's probably going to get worse before it ever gets better.

I am, as is anyone else, entitled to criticise/praise any Motherwell player.

I've been following Motherwell for over 40 years now and I reckon Gump Forbes is one of the worst I've seen in claret and amber. Pitch him in with Holm Kraska, Joe McLeod, Kevin Christie, Paul Wilson ...... he'd struggle to even shine in that midfield :thumbup:

Joe McLeod won us the cup ! B-)

It was a horrible game. United's standard HOOOF followed by running fast. They better than us though. Kenneth totally bossed Sutton so we struggled to get a foothold in the game.

Tiny glints of promise in one or two bits of passing, but generally poor. Fed up of seeing Murphy wasted out on the wing and Humphrey just..wasteful.