Marky Reynolds

welladad

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Reynolds was a good Motherwell level SPL player. nothiing more nothing less. Said years ago that we should have bitten the h**s hands off when they offered near £1million(or what ever it was.).

How much money did we make from consistantly finishing in the Top Six and getting into Europe while he was at the club? Probably not as much as a million but probably a fair whack plus the transfer fee and add ons.

That's the reason I would have kept him. £100,000 is maybe worth two league places in prize money plus we are on the cusp of a League Cup final.

Sometimes a players worth is more than just his transfer fee.

He goes with nothing but my best wishes, was a great servant to the club and never let speculation affect his attitude on the pitch. If anything I'm slightly disappointed, for him, as Sheffield Wednesday are hardly the biggest name he's been linked with.

Can only repeat what most folk are saying here, the guy is a total profesional, never appeared to think he was to good for us and always put in a shift trying 100% even on an off day. Best of luck to the big man and hope that his career moves to the next level.

+ 1 with that, he has been a great player for Motherwell over the past few seasons, should have had a game for Scotland long ago, but overlooked by that fud Levein. He deserves to be playing at a higher level, all the best to him :nod:

Great servant, good guy. Wish him all the best. He deserves his move but I thought/hoped it would be to at least a Championship club. Sheffield Wednesday are no doubt a big club, but they have a lot of work to do if they are even to make it to the play offs in League 1 this season.

All the best Mark. Thanks for all your efforts.

There's no doubt that 'Watty' fully deserves his move, and I think he'll do very well at Hillsborough. I'm sure Wednesday will be back in the Championship sooner rather than later, and I've no doubt that Mark Reynolds will be a major part of that.

Good Luck mate.

Good luck to him, he's been an excellent club servant.

In overview he looked like a truly great player in the making in his first season.

He didn't quite fulfill that early potential but he still has a lot of his career ahead of him and perhaps a change of scenery will do him good. That said he was a good player for us and our relative success in recent years can't be separated from his contribution.

I wonder if he will play as a centre back or will be converted into a different position. That level of English football is more about physical strength than finesse and that isn't one of his attributes. Could he move into midfield or left back?

Sheffield Wednesday are on the up again. For the first time in a while they have little debt and actually have money to spend again. I have a couple of mates that I went to Uni with who are Wednesday fans and I am going to head down their on Easter Monday for the game against Swindon. Hopefully the 2 ex well players are playing. I am going to go for the weekend and take in the Leeds v Reading game. Looking forward to a good weekend of football.