Semi Final

joe90

Does anyone know the rules regarding players being "cup tied" in this tournament, just thinking whether blackman can play for the sheep in thier semi final ?

sshhhhh dont tell anyone he cant play! imagine how funny that would be if they fielded him :blink:

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have nothing to lose&nothing to fear on Sunday

We are playing a collection of non entities,who have recently lost Forest Gump.

They have lost to Hibs,Hearts&failed to defeat Inverness this season,so M'well are more than capable of winning

A great chance to finally defeat them after 8+ years and get to the final

We have nothing to lose&nothing to fear on Sunday

We are playing a collection of non entities,who have recently lost Forest Gump.

They have lost to Hibs,Hearts&failed to defeat Inverness this season,so M'well are more than capable of winning

A great chance to finally defeat them after 8+ years and get to the final

+ 1 we are long overdue a win against this mob so why not Sunday, lets live the dream again and hope its not another disappointment.

Looking forward to Sundays game and I hope we give the old scum blue a right good going over

as for Gordon Marshall in the CIS final he was still recovering from a bad virus at the time, also the mid field failed to turn up and the officials we happy for the Glasgow team to punch fuck out of the well defence

Looking forward to Sundays game and I hope we give the old scum blue a right good going over

as for Gordon Marshall in the CIS final he was still recovering from a bad virus at the time, also the mid field failed to turn up and the officials we happy for the Glasgow team to punch fuck out of the well defence

Your correct about Marshall, Delboy.

In hindsight, he wasn't fit to play that day and the management took a gamble. Unfortunately, it all unravelled in the first few minutes.

Pretty sure he was so gutted about what happened that day, he didn't want his losers medal.

If you check any video's, you'll see that he must have lost at least a stone in weight in the week leading up to the final.

Excellent keeper, but shouldn't have played!

Your correct about Marshall, Delboy.

In hindsight, he wasn't fit to play that day and the management took a gamble. Unfortunately, it all unravelled in the first few minutes.

Pretty sure he was so gutted about what happened that day, he didn't want his losers medal.

If you check any video's, you'll see that he must have lost at least a stone in weight in the week leading up to the final.

Excellent keeper, but shouldn't have played!

It was a shame how it turned out as he was magnicent in the semi versus hearts. He indeed declined his runners up medal.

I think there will sadly be a poor turnout from Motherwell fans on Sunday. I think we will be doing well to take 4,000 which is a real shame. I get the feeling there is still a great deal of apathy about not only Motherwell but football in general at the moment, myself included to be honest, but there's no way I'd miss a trip to Hampden as they don't come round even nearly enough.

On the day I think there is no doubt we'll lose but hoping we can at least give a good account of ourselves.

Can't work out this 'there's no doubt we'll lose' patter.

You wouldn't be spending £20 of your hard earned to go to Hampden if that was the case?

Come on Andy :lol:

Many will go in the hope of winning, but, deep down know our chances are slim. Especially, against them.

Plus, he did say no doubt, we'll lose. Sounds like a faint glimmer of hope in his words. :O

Can't work out this 'there's no doubt we'll lose' patter.

You wouldn't be spending £20 of your hard earned to go to Hampden if that was the case?

Agreed.

OK they'll be strong favourites but in the end it comes down to 11 guys v 11 guys, they could pound us for 89 minutes and 50 seconds, but for that 10 seconds Craigan could punt the ball up the park and one of their defenders/keeper could get in a mess and the ball could end up in the back of the net.

Football, through it's history is full of the favourites being given a bloody nose and losing out to the smaller side.

Is Church on the Hill the one that used to be called Budda? Think that's where we're heading.

Aye, up beside the Langside monument, bout 10 minutes stagger from Hampden (tops). Decent place, loads of TV screens to watch football and usually some crackin totty behind the bar. January drinks offers will still apply as the games on the 31st!

Agreed.

OK they'll be strong favourites but in the end it comes down to 11 guys v 11 guys, they could pound us for 89 minutes and 50 seconds, but for that 10 seconds Craigan could punt the ball up the park and one of their defenders/keeper could get in a mess and the ball could end up in the back of the net.

Football, through it's history is full of the favourites being given a bloody nose and losing out to the smaller side.

A bit like Hertz on Saturday then!!!

I really wish this match was being played else where.

Even going back to the last final, our biggest problem still lies with a lack of pace through the centre and it gets exposed even further on the big Hampden pitch.

IMO this is what will kill us the most, so S.McC and K.B. will need to plan accordingly to nullify Rangers getting in behind us.

All the best to everyone heading through and hopefully we can pull of a shock result.

I'm sure the guys will put in a good performance. You just never know. :O

As i said on P&B, any sort of victory in this game would more than make up for the shite i've had to endure over the years against those c***s and would be one of my best results ever. Cannae see it though ,our record against them even when we've had our best teams has been abysmal.Will still be there though shouting us on in the hope of winning at last and laying to rest the memory of " THAT" semi final in the 70,s. :huh:

Why we all getting hung up on attendance at this game.

Lets face it, any other semi's that we have been to, we have hardly taken a massive support. mid eighties and early nineties against Celtic (SC) we only had about 5000 there, and that was the days when the games weren't on TV!

If we take 4-5000 we will be taking 100% of our core support. I cant see the h**s having anywhere near 50% of their core support!!