Semi Final

joe90

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic however we probably couldn't get this mob at a better time, having just lost their talisman goal scorer and no obvious sign of a replacement.

Keep laugherty occupied that leaves jelavic who is not match fit pretty much nulifys the strike threat.

Mon the 'well into this shite.

Lets look forward to a cracking day out good game of fitba and being entertained by the Bigot choir who'll no doubt be up to their knees in all sorts :lol:

Can't understand why its at Hampden. Pish chat.

Still, ticket bought.

Always love going to hampden, even more so when it's our club thats playing there, it is however quite pathetic if we have only shifted a few thousand tickets for such an important game. I wouldn't have minded going to Easter Road or such as the semi vs hearts in 2005 had an electric atmosphere and must rank highly in every Motherwell fans list of favorite experience who were there.

Looking forward to the game anyhow, just hope we come away looking forward to a final in March!

We haven't beaten Rangers in a cup match since March 1961 (the great 5-2 win at Ibrox) and have only 5 wins in 33 cup games against them. I can't see any reason why this should be any different from the usual disappointment but its gotta happen sometime. 50 years is long enough.

Eh because Hampden is the NATIONAL STADIUM and the appropriate neutral venue for a Cup semi final. Which other neutral venue would you prefer it to be played ?

Because it'll be half empty at best and you're about a mile from the pitch. Tynecastle or Easter Road would be more fun.

Thanks for the wee reminder about it being the NATIONAL STADIUM though.

We haven't beaten Rangers in a cup match since March 1961 (the great 5-2 win at Ibrox) and have only 5 wins in 33 cup games against them. I can't see any reason why this should be any different from the usual disappointment but its gotta happen sometime. 50 years is long enough.

I'm sure someone said we hadn't beaten Dundee in the scottish cup since we beat them in the final decades ago. Maybe its a season for sorting all these records out. With their squad starting to become quite bear I fancy our chances.

The club don't seem to bothered about this game. Its up to them to whip up a buzz and all that for this game.

Tickets are quite cheep and its a Sunday so 2-3000 would be a right embarrassment for the club. The whole country will be taking the piss.

I'm fucking mortified at these predictions <_>

The home gates lately have been hovering in the 3-4000 region, so anything other than that will be a bonus especially with our abysmal record against the h**s.I think we all know welshmans views on the clubs commercial side but short of handing out tickets for nothing what more can the club do If people don't want to go?

I've never seen us play at Hampden before, so I'm well up for this one.

Going out on the Saturday night in Edinburgh, hopefully pulling an all night bevvy, getting the first train back to Glasgow, and staying on the bevvy til the match.

Ok, I do understand the night out and drinking, but I always wondered how people need to stay on booze to enjoy football! (Mind you, my 16 cans of beer usualy last for 6-8 months anyway....)

I for myself like to be clear minded, so I can remember the day for a long time. Maybe not for the game, but at least for a great day out.

But hey, not everyone is the same.

Needless to say, that I def will be going!

I'm sure as the week progresses there will be more of a build up of things from the club's side. They'll probably want to focus on the St Johnstone game first before whipping up excitement about the Semi Final.

No reason ofcourse why the can't do some stuff about ticket sales though.

I think we'll take around the 4000 mark in the end which won't be markedly different from the 4500 odd who were at Tynecastle for the Semi Final there, might have been more the following year at Hampden though. I'd guess you'll be looking at around 20,000-25,000 mark for the crowd as a whole.

I'm sure as the week progresses there will be more of a build up of things from the club's side. They'll probably want to focus on the St Johnstone game first before whipping up excitement about the Semi Final.

No reason ofcourse why the can't do some stuff about ticket sales though.

I think we'll take around the 4000 mark in the end which won't be markedly different from the 4500 odd who were at Tynecastle for the Semi Final there, might have been more the following year at Hampden though. I'd guess you'll be looking at around 20,000-25,000 mark for the crowd as a whole.

From listening to my h*n work mates,they dont think there will be many h**s going,they are having to for out £38 for the Smelic scottish cup game,£34 for the next europa league game.

They have a thing you register with the club,for away tickets and home cup tickets.Once you are registered you get tickets for all games not covered by their season ticket and money is debited direct from your bank account !!!!!

20,000 sounds about right <_>

20,000 sounds about right <_>

Thats a shame. Would have loved a full house or close too it. I'm sure there will be a last minute surge by well fans for tickets but guess we won't be anywhere near our 9000 allocation.

Perhaps many folk are waiting until pay day before buying their tickets, which are on sale until Saturday I think. Reckon we'll have a minimum of 4000 at Hampden, hopefully more though. If there's 20,000 there then we will out-shout the blue filth.

Let's make an impact in the stand whatever happens on the pitch.

Because it'll be half empty at best and you're about a mile from the pitch. Tynecastle or Easter Road would be more fun.

Thanks for the wee reminder about it being the NATIONAL STADIUM though.

Fair play caps were meant to be N & S (memo to self read post before commiting it), don't you think though there is still a certain prestige about it being Hampden, big game big stadium chance to get used to it before our 2 cup finals